Duke Williams elevated from the Practice Squad for tomorrow's game

Big Turk

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

I think this probably means Beasley is out.  If we had Diggs, Beasley, Roberts, Davis, McKenzie, and Brown ready to go, I don't know if you call up another WR from the practice squad. 

I would concur.  I didn't like seeing this.

But even without Beasley, it's a formidable WR corps, especially with Brown back.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Adam said:

Duke will be starting at QB

TE my friend, TE 😁

• Like (+1) 2

I think he was called up as a safety measure in case either Beasley or Diggs can't go. If both of them play, Duke will be inactive.

"Elevated from practice squad" does not necessarily mean "active on gameday". 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Precautionary in the event Cole can't go. Though I think I'd still prefer bringing up Kenny Stills on a couple days of practice over Duke freakin' Williams.

Honestly Duke is fine just not as your #1 Target, which is what he was in last year’s playoff game (amazingly)

• Like (+1) 5

I think he may be inactive and is being elevated because 2 WRs are questionable and they are just being prepared in case one can’t go. 

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Interesting. Hopefully it has nothing to do with Beasley 

I think it has to do with 2 WRs questionable. Need to be prepared. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know but they have only played 6 snaps vs 10 personnel according to Greg Cosell 

Whoa, that’s a very interesting nugget. I hope they got a bunch of that in practice because you know Bills will be going 10 personnel a ton. Don’t the Bills lead the league in it?

27 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

You would have said the same thing the week Kumerow caught the pass down the seam.

13 wins three loses. I feel like this thread is overreacting. 

I will trust the coaches who watch these guys practice. 

No, because Kumerow has never dropped important passes in the playoffs for us. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Whoa, that’s a very interesting nugget. I hope they got a bunch of that in practice because you know Bills will be going 10 personnel a ton. Don’t the Bills lead the league in it?

Cosell said the colts apparently have to play zone in that situation, due to their personnel, so the Bills will know that. Can’t disguise. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wonder this too.  Now allowed unlimited practice squad call ups for each player, and he's done very well

gotta be a numbers thing. Said earlier they’ve 5 healthy CBs active currently. I think Dane is great, but who do you sit amongst that group of Wallace, Norman, Johnson, Neal and Tre? I really don’t think they’ve had 6 CBs active in any game this season but I could be wrong. Can’t find an easy way to look that up right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1