Jets, Chargers request to interview Brian Daboll for HC

YoloinOhio

I'd place a large wager that Daboll will be coaching the Chargers next year.

Went to high school with their GM, Tom Telesco, and would be walking into a ready-to-go roster. 

Daboll+Herbert+Williams, Allen, Henry, & Ekeler = immediate success.

• Like (+1) 14

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If he stays in Buffalo another year (IF he doesn't already have a ring) he will have his pick again next year.

Yeah, I feel like he can afford to wait a bit. I wouldn't blame him if he thinks Houston is the perfect opportunity, though

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'd place a large wager that Daboll will be coaching the Chargers next year.

Went to high school with their GM, Tom Telesco, and would be walking into a ready-to-go roster. 

Daboll+Herbert+Williams, Allen, Henry, & Ekeler = immediate success.

sadly,this is very true. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Remember when top candidates either declined the Bills' invitation to interview or just used us as leverage for whatever job they really wanted?  How nice to see the Jets in that role.

Wasn't that long ago.

They have no talent and no QB, I hope laughs at the offer and turns it down. *****in New Jersey🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Alot of Jets fans NOT happy about this.  They do not want Daboll or a Coordinator.  They want a HC from college.  

They want Harbaugh but he turned down the offer I believe

1 minute ago, Logic said:

To be fair, a lot of Jets fans are idiots.

It seems the biggest idiot of them all disappeared and went into hiding lol 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Draft a new QB and sign some FAs

Draft who? They lost out on the best prospect since Peyton and Ohio state QBs never pan out in the NFL. Plus I think Miami drafts fields they got 3 first rounders, I don’t see how any free agents go there without being way overpaid for their services 

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, I feel like he can afford to wait a bit. I wouldn't blame him if he thinks Houston is the perfect opportunity, though

He certainly could want to make the HC move this coming year but I don't agree with others that it's 100% going to happen.

Daboll is in a perfect situation in Buffalo right now.  If he returns he will most likely have another top offensive team with Josh.

Every season there are HC openings and the longer he stays in Buffalo (within reason time wise) his stock will continue to rise.

I truly believe he loves his job right now and being from Buffalo has to weigh in his decision to see this through a little longer.

What none of us know when it comes to his contract is what kind of bonus structure he is under.  All that being said it would not

shock me if he stays a little longer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Alot of Jets fans NOT happy about this.  They do not want Daboll or a Coordinator.  They want a HC from college.  

Actually, most Jet fans that I know are salivating over the thought of Daboll. After watching him develop Josh Allen into what he is, they think he is their savior.

I think Daboll is smart enough to not go anywhere near that dumpster fire of a franchise, however.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

He certainly could want to make the HC move this coming year but I don't agree with others that it's 100% going to happen.

Daboll is in a perfect situation in Buffalo right now.  If he returns he will most likely have another top offensive team with Josh.

Every season there are HC openings and the longer he stays in Buffalo (within reason time wise) his stock will continue to rise.

I truly believe he loves his job right now and being from Buffalo has to weigh in his decision to see this through a little longer.

What none of us know when it comes to his contract is what kind of bonus structure he is under.  All that being said it would not

shock me if he stays a little longer.

If he stays, extend him for 4-5 years