Week 17 Regular Season finale Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Back to Back playoff berths clinched with multiple games remaining and our 3rd trip to the Playoffs in 4 Seasons. Y’all gettin’ used to this yet?? Well, none of us -from drought babies to 60’s duffers have ever witnessed SWEEPING THE EASTERN DIVISION. The opportunity to presents itself today!  -and the kicker? Knocking the Dolphins out of the playoffs while matching the team record for most wins in a Regular Season! Remember way back in November when us non-locals had to head to a bar early or get creative to see the game? Well those nasty habits return. But these reasons are enough to stock up and get the chores done early to nestle in on our easy chairs with the big screen dialed in. 

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS TODAY, BILLS!!

Oh! And it’s snowing!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Take care of business fellas, kick their azsez!

Go Bills!!!

I think it’s pretty clear we would love to play dolphins first round in playoffs. For that to happen, all of the teams that should win would need to win but we would want Pit beating Cleveland (of course this assumes we beat Mia). I am rooting for the Steelers to win today for this scenario!

I don’t know why, but just a vibe even though the Fins have everything for to win, and not as important for us, but I think we’re going to win.  I don’t see McD playing a ..... move by not letting Poyer fight for his $250,000 bonus, Allen to at least get his 40 yards, amd then pull him.  He can do that in one series, amd give at least Poyer a half to fight for the INT.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR TIME!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills13131313 said:

I think it’s pretty clear we would love to play dolphins first round in playoffs. For that to happen, all of the teams that should win would need to win but we would want Pit beating Cleveland (of course this assumes we beat Mia). I am rooting for the Steelers to win today for this scenario!

Bills don't care who they play in the playoffs. It's clear who fans want to play but the Bills don't have that bad mindset, they have the mindset of they can beat anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know why, but just a vibe even though the Fins have everything for to win, and not as important for us, but I think we’re going to win.  I don’t see McD playing a ..... move by not letting Poyer fight for his $250,000 bonus, Allen to at least get his 40 yards, amd then pull him.  He can do that in one series, amd give at least Poyer a half to fight for the INT.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR TIME!!!!!!!

I agree.. Sit White and Milano though. Couple of jet sweeps and screens, max protect Josh... A couple of quick outs to Diggs, then pull them.

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR TIME!!!!!!!

there are a half dozen or more milestones that can be set today

once most are broken players will be pulled 

See. 2020 records set thread 

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think this is the right move. I get that injuries are a concern, and you have to be cautious, but the best LT in the league just got lost for the playoffs for the #1 seed in the NFC cause he stepped wrong in practice... there’s only so much you can control. Here’s some things we can control: 

- We can control our momentum. It’s higher now than it’s ever been.

- we can control our seeding. The higher the seed, the better advantages there are.

- we can control our record. Wins matter. We have a winning culture and playing any game to lose is against that culture. 

- we can control our division. We’re the authority in the AFC east now. Go 6-0 and tell the Dolphins they aren’t getting a free ticket to the playoffs. 

Obviously you don’t want an injury in a meaningless game- but I’m not sure this counts as that. I think we have more to play for this week than we did last year this time. 

Go Bills!

*author reserves the right to ignore these things he truly believes and shout angrily if anyone gets hurt. 

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think the standard should always be to play if there is something to play for. The Bills have something to play for.

Agreed. We played to win every week in 2017 even though it was pretty clear we didn’t have a SB team. Winning culture > all else. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I've converted to Santeria and will be sacrificing some chickens for Josh Allen.

why stop at chickens? If you could get hold of that Emu from the Liberty Mutual commercials you would do the whole world a favor.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember at the height of the drought thinking "I just wish we could make the playoffs a couple of times!" Now we've reached the point where it feels routine and we're looking for a deep run. It is incredible when you think about it.

A good slate of games today, especially in the AFC, with a lot of playoff implications. I'm looking forward to see what happens. It would be great if we blew the Dolphins away and killed their hopes

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What needs to happen for the Dolphins to miss? Aside from a loss, obviously. 

Colts, Ravens, and Browns all need to win because Miami has the tiebreaker on all of them if they finish with the same record. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I agree.. Sit White and Milano though. Couple of jet sweeps and screens, max protect Josh... A couple of quick outs to Diggs, then pull them.

If you don’t want to play Allen and Diggs then dont even dress then , don’t just bring them in for few plays and risk injury just for some personal record,