Week 15: Bills at Broncos

YoloinOhio

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Holy cow.  Never seen another team so obsessed with a Quarterback not in their division.  Close to 13 pages on Josh Allen.  

Josh Allen is becoming very popular on the national level. He may not be the face of the NFL (Mahomes) but he is close especially after these last two primetime performances. I would be curious to see how Allen jerseys are selling outside of the WNY region.

They've also been missing Noah Fant and Phillip Lindsay. Under Fangio they have been better late season. Playing at altitude, and we've seen the Bills squeak through close games against bad offenses in NE and NYJ. This game is not a gimme.

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Holy cow.  Never seen another team so obsessed with a Quarterback not in their division.  Close to 13 pages on Josh Allen.  

It is odd. But then the Broncos have been unable to solve their QB through the draft since Elway. As they say in that thread, Allen played college locally and meets the traits esteemed by Elway. So it sort of makes sense that they question why Elway didn't make a run at him (only now in hindsight). They would have scoffed at passing on Bradley Chubb for Josh Allen back at draft time.

Edited by Seoulofstone

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hey oldmanbillsfan, did you write this article? 🤣

“After taking possession of the ball at the 7:11 mark in the fourth quarter with a 26-15 lead, Buffalo’s offense matriculated down the field in demoralizing fashion, picking up six first downs to run the clock all the way down to triple zeros.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

its pretty crazy. there are some STRONG feelings on him in there.

some of them look like a toddler throwing a tantrum stomping, closing their eyes, and plugging there ears and just screaming at the notion that he is what we all KNOW he is, and they missed on the guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Probably because he played in nearby Wyoming?  Are they saying good things about him?

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

they have a whole Josh Allen thread over at the orange mane. And here’s a gem from a dude that clearly has the feel of a complete know-it-all. 
https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/2720603-josh-allen/page10

“Lol - after watching the whole game.

Josh Allen is a product of great team football. Keep in mind Bills had a pick 6 so that offense scored 20.

Here is his stat line

24/43 - 55.8%
238 Yards
5.5 YPA
2 TD
1 Int
77.4 QBR

Diggs accounted for 55% of his yards.

Allen has greatly improved in his short throw accuracy.

The way the Bills OC is able to attack the defense with 1 player (Diggs) all over the field reminds me of how the Patriots scheme (Brandon Marshall, Brandon Lloyd for example)...and what do you know Daboll has experience in NE.

Let me be clear - Allen is not a QB that is even close to elite. He is playing GREAT within the system, and Bills overall team is playing well.

I wish Broncos were healthy so Fangio could expose Allen for his true colors - as he did last year when Allen only completed 15 passes vs Den.

Josh Allen is playing well but he's 100% overhyped.

Anyone who thinks Allen is elite or even close to (right now) - doesn't know what they're watching.

Bills scored 20 points on offense - if Steelers offense produced no one would be talking about how good Allen is.”

.... YIKES. Allen makes plays and throws weekly that only a handful of players can make, that have nothin to do with a “system”. Does the thin air in Denver have an affect on brain cells? 

And then he uses the Broncos game last year to bolster his argument? Josh completely broke their backs with his scrambles outside of “the system” last year while passing for over 200 yds and 2td and then McDermott completely gearing down the offense with 10 full min left in that game. Did Allen even throw a pass after he torched Harris for that bomb at the 11 or 12 min mark?

Also as I’m making this post I’m listening to Solomon Wilcotts on NFL radio talk about how Allen is an elite Qb. So that’s sort of funny. 

Haha! I really hope Allen goes off and shows them how elite he actually is.  Is this someone who claims to actually know football?  He is hanging his hat on a stat line against one of the best Defenses in football?  Ha!

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

they have a whole Josh Allen thread over at the orange mane. And here’s a gem from a dude that clearly has the feel of a complete know-it-all. 
https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/2720603-josh-allen/page10

“Lol - after watching the whole game.

Josh Allen is a product of great team football. Keep in mind Bills had a pick 6 so that offense scored 20.

Here is his stat line

24/43 - 55.8%
238 Yards
5.5 YPA
2 TD
1 Int
77.4 QBR

Diggs accounted for 55% of his yards.

Allen has greatly improved in his short throw accuracy.

The way the Bills OC is able to attack the defense with 1 player (Diggs) all over the field reminds me of how the Patriots scheme (Brandon Marshall, Brandon Lloyd for example)...and what do you know Daboll has experience in NE.

Let me be clear - Allen is not a QB that is even close to elite. He is playing GREAT within the system, and Bills overall team is playing well.

I wish Broncos were healthy so Fangio could expose Allen for his true colors - as he did last year when Allen only completed 15 passes vs Den.

Josh Allen is playing well but he's 100% overhyped.

Anyone who thinks Allen is elite or even close to (right now) - doesn't know what they're watching.

Bills scored 20 points on offense - if Steelers offense produced no one would be talking about how good Allen is.”

.... YIKES. Allen makes plays and throws weekly that only a handful of players can make, that have nothin to do with a “system”. Does the thin air in Denver have an affect on brain cells? 

And then he uses the Broncos game last year to bolster his argument? Josh completely broke their backs with his scrambles outside of “the system” last year while passing for over 200 yds and 2td and then McDermott completely gearing down the offense with 10 full min left in that game. Did Allen even throw a pass after he torched Harris for that bomb at the 11 or 12 min mark?

Also as I’m making this post I’m listening to Solomon Wilcotts on NFL radio talk about how Allen is an elite Qb. So that’s sort of funny. 

B-Large, who this a-hole was arguing with is actually a bill fan from that area.  i remember him from the old boards.  good  guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

s, are just curious.  I could care less what other team fans have to say.  We have more than enough on this board who are passive aggressive.  I honestly don’t care what another teams fans say. They have a right on their board to vent.

We’ve certainly heard enough here from real Bills fans on frustrations especially during the drought.  I feel for lately Broncos, Jets fans.  They are are just frustrated.  I don’t care to read about it as I don’t care, just like 98% of other teams boards could care less about reading what we think.  It just seems childish and middle school.

12 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Probably because he played in nearby Wyoming?  Are they saying good things about him?

Some of the more level headed posters are.  Others think he is a system quarterback they will suck the moment Daboll leaves.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Link?

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Some of the more level headed posters are.  Others think he is a system quarterback they will suck the moment Daboll leaves.

System QB?  ROFLMAO.  Yeah, except the "system" requires athletic abilities only a handful of professional QBs possess.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Guys, do yourselves a favor.  STOP READING OTHER BOARDS POSTS.  There is nothing good that comes from it.  Most guys when they go to other board 

Eh, I usually poke around for 5-10 minutes if someone posts a link here. Never did me any harm.

39 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

s, are just curious.  I could care less what other team fans have to say.  We have more than enough on this board who are passive aggressive.  I honestly don’t care what another teams fans say. They have a right on their board to vent.

We’ve certainly heard enough here from real Bills fans on frustrations especially during the drought.  I feel for lately Broncos, Jets fans.  They are are just frustrated.  I don’t care to read about it as I don’t care, just like 98% of other teams boards could care less about reading what we think.  It just seems childish and middle school.

We’ve paid our dues. I don’t feel for any other fan base.... especially one that’s won 3 Super Bowls in the last 25 years 

22 minutes ago, eball said:

System QB?  ROFLMAO.  Yeah, except the "system" requires athletic abilities only a handful of professional QBs possess.

Right. That’s what I said up stream. We see analysts on a weekly basis breaking down a handful of plays from Allen that only a handful of qb’s can pull off. 

Does the “system” include hitching the team to your back for the first half of the season as they struggled to run the ball and stop anyone on defense? 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Josh Allen is becoming very popular on the national level. He may not be the face of the NFL (Mahomes) but he is close especially after these last two primetime performances. I would be curious to see how Allen jerseys are selling outside of the WNY region.

As I posted in the "post-game" thread Sunday night, I had friends in Hawaii texting and asking for Bills jerseys, especially Allen's.

26 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Got mixed feelings about this game. Denver is a tough team no doubt, but their offense doesn't scare me at all. 

They were able to handle Miami pretty well but they've also lost to the Titans and Falcons. 

We lost to the Titans too. Pretty badly in fact. I wouldn't lump them in with Atlanta.

33 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Got mixed feelings about this game. Denver is a tough team no doubt, but their offense doesn't scare me at all. 

They were able to handle Miami pretty well but they've also lost to the Titans and Falcons. 

I think the Bills roll in this one and force Lock into the INTs he normally throws.

I am not sure they handled Miami...more so Tua was close to inept in that game. Lock kept trying to throw the game away but Miami didn't want to take it.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Zack Kelberman
4 hours ago

At this rate, Vic Fangio will have to swap out his headset for a helmet. The Denver Broncos head coach/defensive coordinator's already thinned-out secondary was hit twice more in Sunday's win over the Carolina Panthers, putting the team at a crisis point with three games left to play.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport
reported Monday
that Broncos cornerback Duke Dawson sustained torn ACL and LCL ligaments and sprained his MCL, devastating injuries that will require a "lengthy rehab" process.
Additionally, per
9News' Mike Klis
, CB Kevin Toliver also sustained a season-ending torn ACL against Carolina.
What happens next for the Broncos? Don't miss out on any news and analysis! Take a second and
sign up for our free newsletter and get breaking Broncos news delivered to your inbox daily!
Dawson had to be carted off upon going down sans contact, a sign that almost always precedes devastating news. Toliver was hurt during a special teams play.
The Broncos defense was predictably exploited thereafter, surrendering 370 total yards (245 passing, 125 rushing) and 17 fourth-quarter points in the 32-27 victory.
In furtherance of an injury-ruined season, Dawson, Toliver, and Essang Bassey all sustained ACL tears within a seven-day period. This, with A.J. Bouye (suspended) done for the year and Bryce Callahan (foot) on injured reserve.
     Which forces Denver to cobble together a back end comprised of a rookie (Michael Ojemudia), a former undrafted free agent (De'Vante Bausby), a converted safety (Will Parks), and a practice-squadder (Nate Hairston) signed just days ago for a three-game stretch against quarterbacks Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, and Derek Carr.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Golden said:

Zack Kelberman
4 hours ago

At this rate, Vic Fangio will have to swap out his headset for a helmet. The Denver Broncos head coach/defensive coordinator's already thinned-out secondary was hit twice more in Sunday's win over the Carolina Panthers, putting the team at a crisis point with three games left to play.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport
reported Monday
that Broncos cornerback Duke Dawson sustained torn ACL and LCL ligaments and sprained his MCL, devastating injuries that will require a "lengthy rehab" process.
Additionally, per
9News' Mike Klis
, CB Kevin Toliver also sustained a season-ending torn ACL against Carolina.
What happens next for the Broncos? Don't miss out on any news and analysis! Take a second and
sign up for our free newsletter and get breaking Broncos news delivered to your inbox daily!
Dawson had to be carted off upon going down sans contact, a sign that almost always precedes devastating news. Toliver was hurt during a special teams play.
The Broncos defense was predictably exploited thereafter, surrendering 370 total yards (245 passing, 125 rushing) and 17 fourth-quarter points in the 32-27 victory.
In furtherance of an injury-ruined season, Dawson, Toliver, and Essang Bassey all sustained ACL tears within a seven-day period. This, with A.J. Bouye (suspended) done for the year and Bryce Callahan (foot) on injured reserve.
     Which forces Denver to cobble together a back end comprised of a rookie (Michael Ojemudia), a former undrafted free agent (De'Vante Bausby), a converted safety (Will Parks), and a practice-squadder (Nate Hairston) signed just days ago for a three-game stretch against quarterbacks Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, and Derek Carr.

Damn that's brutal.  First play without a QB and now play without a secondary with Allen, Herbert and Carr on the docket.

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

its pretty crazy. there are some STRONG feelings on him in there.

some of them look like a toddler throwing a tantrum stomping, closing their eyes, and plugging there ears and just screaming at the notion that he is what we all KNOW he is, and they missed on the guy. 

Yeah he was literally in their backyard in Wyoming and they passed on him hell they almost traded their pick to the Bills. Plus in the subsequent year they drafted a discount version.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have more faith in the first two things happening.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow, high praise from Tomlin.

54 minutes ago, wjag said:

Damn that's brutal.  First play without a QB and now play without a secondary with Allen, Herbert and Carr on the docket.

Were they playing at home?  I should know this....I wasn't scared of the Jets, but I was nervous about their field

Phew...looked it up, last two games "Away"

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/14/2020 at 10:29 AM, matter2003 said:

Lock has the "I will do everything in my power to give you this game" gene like he did in the Dolphin game, but they managed to hold on to win in spite of him.

Don't forget the contribution of Ryan Pickspatrick throwing an INT on 3rd and 8 at the Denver 15.  That's a real gift-wrapped "Give you This Game" move.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I think the Bills roll in this one and force Lock into the INTs he normally throws.

I am not sure they handled Miami...more so Tua was close to inept in that game. Lock kept trying to throw the game away but Miami didn't want to take it.

More like Fitzpatrick stood on the Den 15 yard line, gift wrapped the game, and tossed it back into their hands.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't forget the contribution of Ryan Pickspatrick throwing an INT on 3rd and 8 at the Denver 15.  That's a real gift-wrapped "Give you This Game" move.

More like Fitzpatrick stood on the Den 15 yard line, gift wrapped the game, and tossed it back into their hands.

If Fitz started that game, the Dolphins would have won easily...Tua was terrible

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If Fitz started that game, the Dolphins would have won easily...Tua was terrible

That may be true.  But it's also true that they had a chance to win, and Fitz shot that down.

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Wow. He has us above the Chiefs, Packers AND Saints.

Memo to Bills Team: "Don't.  Eat.  The.  Cheese."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, The Wiz said:

It will be available from the nfl app though.  So get your streams ready or your phone connected to your TV.

Is that available to anyone, or do you have to be a cable TV subscriber, do you know?

9 hours ago, frogger said:

I trolled the Broncos’ board, their debate over Josh Allen is really quite entertaining.

Where is this entertainment to be found?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that available to anyone, or do you have to be a cable TV subscriber, do you know?

Where is this entertainment to be found?

I believe all games of the NFLN games are available this year on the app.  Maybe even non NFLN games.  I've opened up the app a few times this year and watched a few games here and there.

Edited by The Wiz