Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

As happy as I am that he won the award, it is the 1st time that I wouldn’t have given it to him. There was another performance in the conference that was more impressive though Josh was more impactful due to the position that he plays

Waller was impressive .. 200 yards receiving and 2 TDs is a monster day.

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

What do Josh Rosen's stats look like...?

Oh, wait......

He is on IR .. he calloused his hands clapping for Tom Brady and also took 13 splinters in the rear while sitting in the stands. Just wait though any day 9 teams that were ahead of Arizona will realize the mistake they made.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Haha (+1) 2

As a Bills fan living in NJ the best part for me is seeing how miserable Jets fans are about the Bills being one of the top teams and Allen developing into a franchise QB. I get it from family, friends, co-workers who are all Jets fans. They all say the same thing "Why couldn't the Jets develop the team around Darnold the way the Bills did with Allen". "Why can't Darnold develop his game like Allen has".  My favorite is when they all say it hurts to watch the Bills and Allen doing so well because that should be the Jets and Darnold. When I came into work Tuesday morning my co-workers who are Jets fans just told me to "shut up". I just smiled and didn't say a word.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Wow...what a surprise....NOT!!

Actually I am surprised as Mayfield also had 4 TD, slightly better RTG and QBR and roughly 40 yard less passing and slightly lower completion percentage, but still just above 75%.

I also thought they'd give it to Mayfield as very close between the two and just to spread the award around some.  Glad Allen won it as from what I read never been won 3 times prior within one season by a Bill

I'm imagine Browns fans are complaining how Mayfield got robbed.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

He's got a good TD:INT ratio (3:1), but is only averaging 203 YPG.

Stefanski has turned Baker into a game manager. Don't turn the ball over. Turn around, hand the ball off to Chubb and Hunt 40+ times a game and win.  And winning they are. 

Contrast that with the Bills and Josh Allen.  The coaching staff here puts the ball in Allen's hands almost every week and says "Go out there and win this game for us kid."   It's a big difference.  Can Baker have a game like he did last week now and then?  Of course.  He'll have one or two games a season like that.  Josh on the other hand needs to have a game like that every week for the Bills to win.  And winning they are. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I remember arguing with you last year and you saying you he reminds you too much of JP Losman and EJ Manuel. Glad you finally see the light my brother!

Thanks Motorin’...but just to be clear, I have never changed my opinion about Allen’s play his first two seasons...it was, unquestionably, subpar- which is understandable, as he was raw...But it was still subpar...And his erratic play did give me flashbacks to subpar Bills QBs of the past...And because nobody can guarantee how any particular player will turn out, people tend to judge them on how they are performing at that particular moment in time...we can always hope or project into the future, but no one can guarantee those hopes, or projections, will happen...

That being said, I am completely over the moon that Josh was able to, almost miraculously, transform himself into the elite QB he is today...And I say “almost miraculously” because what Allen has been able to do doesn’t normally happen in real life- meaning, where his play started out, and where it is today...It is nothing short of other worldly- to make the jump that he has made! And that’s what’s so amazing about it...He may have always had the heart, the leadership, the work ethic...But Tim Tebow had that...EJ Manuel, supposedly, had that...and along with countless others who were just not able to make it...

In my opinion, if Josh continues on this trajectory, he will, no doubt, go down as one of the greatest success stories in the history of the league...And that’s all a testament to him, and his relentless drive, for not allowing himself to be another statistic...and by beating the odds and willing himself to be great...Amazing!

Bills fans everywhere, especially the younger ones, really need to treasure this moment we are experiencing...You never know when times like this will come along again...and you never know when they will come to an end...👍

Go Bills!

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Whkfc said:

Baker is not better but he is quietly having one hell of a season i think if all us Bills fans were told that Allen would have the season Baker is having before the season started we would be like great. I did speak to some Browns fans yesterday and they wish they took Allen and totally respect and admit hes legit.

That goofy Nick Wright slobbers all over Mayfield. Not taking anything away from Mayfield, he did me a solid trashing the Titans. Wright and Brandon Marshall got heated about which QB is better. Wright sunk his own argument saying Mayfield was better because of Cleveland's running game, and I'm like dude, you automatically showed which is the better QB. Allen hasn't had that same running game to fall back on, and compared to previous years, he hasn't run as much. All up to this point, the identity of this offense has all been Allen passing the ball

• Like (+1) 1

The thing is, it isn't always about stat lines. Both Mayfield and Allen had good ones. I rather suspect the difference made, was the quality of the throws that Josh made, by comparison to Baker.

A caveat would be that I've only seen limited highlights of the Browns game, but someone here (not in this thread) went through 5 'wow' throws Josh made. Then someone else mentioned another, that hadn't been included. So we have 6 'wow' throws from Allen (minimum). I'd hazard a guess that Mayfield made a couple, but that was about it.

I don't think there's a legitimate argument about which AFC QB, played best this week. Not only were there exceptional numbers from Allen, but there were also a whole bunch of exceptional throws.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Actually I am surprised as Mayfield also had 4 TD, slightly better RTG and QBR and roughly 40 yard less passing and slightly lower completion percentage, but still just above 75%.

I also thought they'd give it to Mayfield as very close between the two and just to spread the award around some.  Glad Allen won it as from what I read never been won 3 times prior within one season by a Bill

Titans, surprisingly, rank 25 PA on D, 25 Yds on D.

SF ranks 13 PA, 6 yds on D

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Titans, surprisingly, rank 25 PA on D, 25 Yds on D.

SF ranks 13 PA, 6 yds on D

Big deal!  I guess I have a hard time believing that voters look that closely at the ranking of the opponent when deciding whom to vote for as opposed to actual performance.  Maybe if it were against a really brutal team like the Jets or something.  If it is based on defensive ranking Allen won the week he went up against Seattle.

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

That goofy Nick Wright slobbers all over Mayfield. Not taking anything away from Mayfield, he did me a solid trashing the Titans. Wright and Brandon Marshall got heated about which QB is better. Wright sunk his own argument saying Mayfield was better because of Cleveland's running game, and I'm like dude, you automatically showed which is the better QB. Allen hasn't had that same running game to fall back on, and compared to previous years, he hasn't run as much. All up to this point, the identity of this offense has all been Allen passing the ball

Maybe a Bills homer and while winning Player of the Week is truly no measure of how good a QB is there is only 1 QB who has won it more then Josh Allen and he's tied with another.  They are ... The last 2 QBs that won the AFC MVP awards ... Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes.  Below is a list of all the QBs and the times they won POW since 2018.

6 Lamar Jackson
   5 Patrick Mahomes
   5 Josh Allen
   4 Deshaun Watson
   4 Russell Wilson
   3 Ben Roethlisberger
   3 Dak Prescott
   3 Drew Brees
   3 Kyler Murray
   3 Ryan Fitzpatrick
   2 Aaron Rodgers
   2 Baker Mayfield
   2 Jared Goff
   1 Andrew Luck
   1 Cam Newton
   1 Daniel Jones
   1 Jacoby Brissett
   1 Jameis Winston
   1 Jimmy Garoppolo
   1 Kirk Cousins
   1 Marcus Mariota
   1 Matt Ryan
   1 Mitchell Trubisky
   1 Nick Foles
   1 Philip Rivers
   1 Ryan Tannehill
   1 Sam Darnold
   1 Tom Brady

Edited by BillsFanThru-N-Thru
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Baker did nothing in crunch time, fumbled to give the Browns hope and was playing a statistically worse defense than Josh. I could see Waller but not Baker over Josh