Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

This is a good cut up of Nation media cut ups and what their saying about the bills heading into sunday night. Nick wright with a gem to start it off. LOLOL..... and then i love the fact, that at the end of the whole thing, they show Chris Canty on "get up" as the ONE person i've seen over the last month reference the strength of our wins and the quality teams we've lost to as his lead up to us having a gripe as AFC squad #2. He's the anti-keyshawn johnson. 

What the National Media is saying about Josh Allen | Buffalo Bills | NFL - YouTube

27 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Wondering about Pouncy. He was put on list 4 days after Conner, so may be on a different timeline. Not sure if he ever tested positive or had symptoms. Even still, if he gets activated Sat what would he do having not practiced in 2 weeks? A skill guy i get jumping in, but a Center every snap making line calls is a stretch. 

He was placed on the list but no indication he tested positive or reports of why he was placed on the list from what I see.  I would have to guess it was probably a close contact IR and is still being tested but I do wonder why we haven't heard anything about it since he was placed on the list.  Normally you hear daily updates on these reports on who has or hasn't tested positive.

Edited by The Wiz

31 minutes ago, WideNine said:

If I were an OC I would just be telling Ben to look for the guys covered by Wallace and by Taron Johnson.

Frazier needs to seriously consider either replacing one or both of those guys either throughout the game or at least in more situations. I always felt Milano could play the heavy nickel/slot role that Taron is often asked to play and do it a bit better. Not sure you lose much in the way of physicality at the LOS either and he is better in coverage, but not sure how far back Milano is to being healthy... last week he played like he is getting closer.

I would like to see more of Dane Jackson... kid seems to have a nose for the ball and is a bit more physical than Wallace. He'll make some mistakes, but tired of these lapses where Wallace plays too far off and soft.

Right. But I trust more Dane Jackson or Levi as number  2 CB on roster. Hoping for a upgrade for off season. Norman was way worse then Levi Or Dane Jackson

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is a good cut up of Nation media cut ups and what their saying about the bills heading into sunday night. Nick wright with a gem to start it off. LOLOL..... and then i love the fact, that at the end of the whole thing, they show Chris Canty on "get up" as the ONE person i've seen over the last month reference the strength of our wins and the quality teams we've lost to as his lead up to us having a gripe as AFC squad #2. He's the anti-keyshawn johnson. 

What the National Media is saying about Josh Allen | Buffalo Bills | NFL - YouTube

Thanks for posting.  Nick Wright’s explanation for his dissing of Allen is non sensical.  Steve A. Smith  has always been a tool.  He is also reaching.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right. But I trust more Dane Jackson or Levi as number  2 CB on roster. Hoping for a upgrade for off season. Norman was way worse then Levi Or Dane Jackson

I agree that Norman is bad, but he did win the Raider game....so we thank him for that!

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-14-injury-report-bills

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 14

Wednesday, December 9
QB Ben Roethlisberger (NIR) - DNP
K Chris Boswell (Hip) - DNP
CB Steven Nelson (Knee) - Full
CB Joe Haden (Concussion) - DNP
LB Robert Spillane (Knee) - DNP
G David DeCastro (NIR) - DNP
T Alejandro Villanueva (NIR) - DNP
DT Chris Wormley (Illness) - DNP

Buffalo Bills Participation/Injury Report, Week 14

Note: On Wednesday 12/9, Buffalo conducted a walk-through practice

Wednesday, December 9
QB Josh Allen (Knee/Ankle) - Full
OL Jon Feliciano (Knee/Foot) - Full
QB Jake Fromm (NIR) - Limited
DT Quinton Jefferson (Hip) - DNP
S Jaquan Johnson (Ankle) - DNP
WR Andre Roberts (Achilles) - Limited

Steelers / Bills both relatively healthy heading into this.

35 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Thanks for posting.  Nick Wright’s explanation for his dissing of Allen is non sensical.  Steve A. Smith  has always been a tool.  He is also reaching.

You’ve gotta love Wright “he only had 10 TDs and 9 turnovers”

Which is correct... between the Titans game and the Chargers game he threw 10 TD passes, 7 interceptions and fumbled twice. 

He just conveniently left out the 4 rushing TD and 1 receiving TD. Sooo 15 total TD to 9 TO while average 240 yards passing and 260 total yards per game 

During the same timeframe Baker has 10 TD to 7 TO and averaged 196 yards passing per game... but that’s who he trusts... 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If they didn’t abandon the 5 DB nickel verses that niners team they just played, it’s certainly not happening vs Steelers. 

I would like to see some analysis of their personnel packages used.

I know they stuck with 4 down linemen for most of the game and I like what we got from Johnson and Epenesa from the edges. Poyer and Hyde are fixtures on the backside and Tre usually on their best receiver. That leaves two DB roles where they can sub a Milano in for Taron as a heavy nickel and still have Klein and Edmunds on the field. I think Taron was on the field the same number of times as Poyer and Hyde so that means that Milano was probably subbing in and out with Klein.

I think they have more flexibility now scheme-wise with Milano mostly back and Klein and Edmunds coming on and playing better. It will be interesting to see how they handle an increased role for Milano (providing he stays healthy) - who he subs in for and if they leave all three linebackers Milano, Edmunds, and Klein on the field on some downs with that coverage flexibility that Milano provides.

Taron is getting a lot of snaps and has been playing better so I figure Wallace is the biggest ? going into the game with the Steelers.

The Bills have absolutely gone away from using Trent Murphy so the writing is on the wall there - the youth movement is on and they are expecting Epenesa and Johnson to carry the load moving forward. Not sure he sees the field again unless there is an injury that really hurts the rotation. We will see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Norman is scrappy, but it is hard to not always see him in my mind getting de-cleated by Henry on that run. Honestly, Wallace would not have even stuck his finger in the way of Henry on that run so I have to give him some props for foolish bravery.

Edited by WideNine

40 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Wow, does Nick Wright have a face you want to punch or what?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

If I were an OC I would just be telling Ben to look for the guys covered by Wallace and by Taron Johnson.

Frazier needs to seriously consider either replacing one or both of those guys either throughout the game or at least in more situations. I always felt Milano could play the heavy nickel/slot role that Taron is often asked to play and do it a bit better. Not sure you lose much in the way of physicality at the LOS either and he is better in coverage, but not sure how far back Milano is to being healthy... last week he played like he is getting closer.

I would like to see more of Dane Jackson... kid seems to have a nose for the ball and is a bit more physical than Wallace. He'll make some mistakes, but tired of these lapses where Wallace plays too far off and soft.

So you don't think that opposing offensive coordinators have thought about this? That's what has been happening all year. They go after what they perceive is your weak spots. Luckily, Wallace is not as bad as everyone has been saying. He's pretty average. Taron Johnson is ok, but not that good. Both players are serviceable.

These guys would not be playing if there was a better option on the team right now. And it is nowhere near the problem you make it out to be.

Obviously you want to have two shutdown corners and a great nickel, but that's a little unrealistic. Whoever lines up opposite of Tre White is going to get targeted all game long.

31 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Is that who that first dude is?  Who is Nick Wright?  What's his background?

I mean it's fair to say "guy was Wow! for the first 4 games, then disappeared" but to claim he just reappeared for this game and ignore the Seahawks and Cardinals games or the efficient, workmanlike game-manager outings in the Patriots, Jets, and Chargers games, is pretty durn bogus.  Then to say "Baker Mayfield is better"....Mayfield has had 6 games where he passed for less than 200 yds and 5 games where he had less than 60% completions.  Josh has had 3 games where he passed for fewer than 200 yds and 1 game where he had less than 60% completions.  He has 6 more passing TDs and 1 more INT than Mayfield, a productivity trade-off most OCs would jump on in a heartbeat, and that's leaving out the rush TDs (Josh 6, Baker 0).   If his argument is Josh laid an egg in last year's playoff game....well....when did we see Mayfield in a playoff game to know what he'd do?

Wierd take all around.

And then there's Colin Cowherd "Josh Allen didn't get better...His coaching got better"  Um, hello?  How about his coaching got better, and that helped him get better?  But his coaching didn't follow him home in the off season and help him grind.

Pete Prisco

????

Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills 

Latest Odds:Bills -2.5

Both teams are playing on a short week after playing Monday, but Buffalo comes in feeling much better about themselves. They are playing well after Josh Allen lit up the 49ers. The Steelers have a better defense, but they showed some flaws against Washington. They can't run it, which is a problem. I think the Bills keep rolling.

Pick: Bills 27, Steelers 23

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-week-14-nfl-picks-giants-win-again-bears-finally-end-slide-steelers-take-another-loss/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that who that first dude is?  Who is Nick Wright?  What's his background?

I mean it's fair to say "guy was Wow! for the first 4 games, then disappeared" but to claim he just reappeared for this game and ignore the Seahawks and Cardinals games or the efficient, workmanlike game-manager outings in the Patriots, Jets, and Chargers games, is pretty durn bogus.  Then to say "Baker Mayfield is better"....Mayfield has had 6 games where he passed for less than 200 yds and 5 games where he had less than 60% completions.  Josh has had 3 games where he passed for fewer than 200 yds and 1 game where he had less than 60% completions.  He has 6 more passing TDs and 1 more INT than Mayfield, a productivity trade-off most OCs would jump on in a heartbeat, and that's leaving out the rush TDs (Josh 6, Baker 0).   If his argument is Josh laid an egg in last year's playoff game....well....when did we see Mayfield in a playoff game to know what he'd do?

Wierd take all around.

And then there's Colin Cowherd "Josh Allen didn't get better...His coaching got better"  Um, hello?  How about his coaching got better, and that helped him get better?  But his coaching didn't follow him home in the off season and help him grind.

I have no idea who Nick Wright is but he is a nitwit.   Smith has an anti-Josh agenda for some reason, which I suspect traces back to the draft day revelations about Allen’s teenage dumb.  He would be hardly the only one.  I never understood the love for Cowherd.  All in all, it makes you wonder why you did not go into that field.  How hard would it be to be at the top when idiots like this are drawing paychecks? 

23 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Smith has an anti-Josh agenda for some reason, which I suspect traces back to the draft day revelations about Allen’s teenage dumb.

I really don't think that's the case.  Smith did a show on it at the time and expressed that he felt Allen was genuinely remorseful and that he (Smith) himself had independently verified that the tweets were actually quotes of a show (a sitcom I believe) or music lyrics; he kind of became an advocate, not for Josh's past behavior per se but for putting the behavior in context that he was a high school kid at the time, he was quoting a show not expressing his own words, and he had expressed remorse about it.

I think he's "wait and see for a playoff game" at this point and I can't blame him for that.

Hmm, this is a weird twist. The Bills playing against a team that doesn't run the ball well. I believe the Steelers are also down both their starting CBs as well. Man, if Brown was active for this game. Biggest threat from that D is obviously Watt. Maybe we bring Kroft back for this one?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really don't think that's the case.  Smith did a show on it at the time and expressed that he felt Allen was genuinely remorseful and that he (Smith) himself had independently verified that the tweets were actually quotes of a show (a sitcom I believe) or music lyrics; he kind of became an advocate, not for Josh's past behavior per se but for putting the behavior in context that he was a high school kid at the time, he was quoting a show not expressing his own words, and he had expressed remorse about it.

I think he's "wait and see for a playoff game" at this point and I can't blame him for that.

Thanks.  I missed that.  

My favorite things from the week have been the Baker is better than Josh group. I lol'd. Skip Bayless and Nick Wright. Some people can't get out of their own way. Not sure if I like Nick's cherry picked stats or Skip's reason of liking Baker more as intangibles (leadership). Neither of these two have watched a Bills game that wasn't: Titans, Chiefs, 49ers this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

My favorite things from the week have been the Baker is better than Josh group. I lol'd. Skip Bayless and Nick Wright. Some people can't get out of their own way. Not sure if I like Nick's cherry picked stats or Skip's reason of liking Baker more as intangibles (leadership). Neither of these two have watched a Bills game that wasn't: Titans, Chiefs, 49ers this year. 

Leadership and Mayfield don't belong in the same sentence, at least compared to Allen anyway. Too many times Mayfield has shown up to press conferences looking like a hobo and yet he shows leadership?

14 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Nick says he watches the games and Allen was terrible in October and November well if he watched the games then he would've known he had a separated shoulder 

Not to mention 4-3 in October and November.  Almost 5-2 if not for the hail mary play.  He wants to rag on Allen for the Chiefs and Titans game then fine (even though the Titans game was just bad all around).  There were no other games in that time frame where the team didn't do what they had to to win.  Not always about throwing for 300+ yards and 3-4 TDs.

Edited by The Wiz

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

per half?  Lol

I’m over 6 

I'll move the line like Vegas when I see the bets come in. 

Also Collinsworth will be busy sucking off every Pitt player so I feel like 6 to start is good. 

Edited by The Wiz

21 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Hmm, this is a weird twist. The Bills playing against a team that doesn't run the ball well. I believe the Steelers are also down both their starting CBs as well. Man, if Brown was active for this game. Biggest threat from that D is obviously Watt. Maybe we bring Kroft back for this one?

Their one starting CB will be back. Haden may also be back; depends on concussion protocol

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Sounds familiar, Joshua. Kudos to you for “adopting” it as Kyle Williams asked at the end of his speech. 

Josh is wise beyond his years and takes the best pieces of the people he’s been surrounded with to make himself better. 

I love and miss Kyle Williams so much. What a great example of leadership. 

Thank you for sharing.

Edited by HomeTeam
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

What stats did Nick Wright provide to support his contention?