Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

I know theres some people that love the DVOA stat around here. So here's a nice tid bit from Fairburn on "the athletic". The fact that the defense has crept up to an average ranking after such a horrendous start says a ton about how they've played over the last 6 or 7 games. Fun to see.

7. The Bills are now ninth in total DVOA, according to Football Outsiders. They finished the 2019 season ranked 12th in DVOA. They have the sixth-highest Super Bowl odds in the league, according to Football Outsiders, winning the Super Bowl in 10.5 percent of simulations. According to DVOA, the Bills have the No. 7 offense, No. 16 defense and No. 5 special teams units in the NFL. Even the analytics are coming around on these Bills.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50/50 game at home here. Steelers are a well coached team with an elite defense, good ST unit and an offense that has struggled at times but has been good enough (and is anchored by a two time Super Bowl winning QB), toss in the fact that they are well coached and this is going to be a tough one in bad weather conditions. This is going to be a game where Josh, Singletary and Moss have to rush the ball and control the offense. John Brown is still out and the weather will be bad on Sunday. What gives me some optimism is that the Steelers haven't been able to run the ball well and their pass rush suffered a big setback losing Bud Dupree. In the end this game is going to come down to three factors. 

1- Turnovers (as most games do but especially in bad weather where one turnover could be the margin.) 

2- Who can rush the ball.

3- Which team makes the big play. 

This is a pure tossup. Right now I am feeling Buffalo 24 Steelers 21. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Question: how many games is this and when?

In looking at the graphic from which I pulled that stat, I see that it applies only to this season, which is clearly a small sample size.

4 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Does anyone know what the teams record is wearing the red uniforms?  I seem to remember only losses but I could be wrong

I think they beat the Colts in OT during that snow storm game if I remember correctly.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Does anyone know what the teams record is wearing the red uniforms?  I seem to remember only losses but I could be wrong

I personally hate them, but I think we were wearing them too when Hyde took that onside kick spectacularly back for a td against the phish to finish them off.

18 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

2-1.  I think there was another win I am forgetting though.

W Colts in 18

W Miami in 19

L Ravens 19

I feel like they wore them against the Jets in a win and also agains Jags but can't find it right now.

Edited by The Wiz

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

2-1.  I think there was another win I am forgetting though.

W Colts in 18

W Miami in 19

L Ravens 19

I feel like they wore them against the Jets in a win and also agains Jags but can't find it right now.

Beat the Jets on a Thursday night when all the colour blind people went berserk because of the Jets all greens and not being able to tell the teams apart. 

• Like (+1) 6