Gary Gramling (si.com) Josh Allen Quote

BillsIsrael

In a boring 'midseason prediction' article in SI which continues the regular national media line (Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks and Dolphins(??!))  I found this quote

Top storyline for the second half:

I only want to watch Josh Allen. I've never seen a quarterback who presents such a wide range of possibilities on a play-to-play basis—he might put a pass rusher in a chokehold while flinging a 70-yard laser into a receiver's hands, or he might run around in circles until he's 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage and then try to lateral it to the mascot. That said, he's made incredible progress this year and I'm curious to see what the second half of the season brings, because whatever it is it won't be dull.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/11/nfl-midseason-predictions-picks-playoffs-super-bowl-awards

Edited by BillsIsrael
added link
  • Haha (+1) 25
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, BillsIsrael said:

In a boring 'midseason prediction' article in SI which continues the regular national media line (Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks and Dolphins(??!))  I found this quote

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/11/nfl-midseason-predictions-picks-playoffs-super-bowl-awards

Allen is definitely tops in must see tv along with Pat  and Kyler 

• Like (+1) 2

These days he just looks like a bonafide superstar and those head scratching moments are pretty much gone.

But honestly, I hope he never loses the fire, because that's when the amazing things happen (and sometimes some bad things). But you just know he's going to do something spectacular in a Superbowl some day that will cause the nation's collective jaw to drop to the floor. Throw five defenders off of him and then launch a ball 50 yards down field for a Diggs TD.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I only want to watch Josh Allen. I've never seen a quarterback who presents such a wide range of possibilities on a play-to-play basis—he might put a pass rusher in a chokehold while flinging a 70-yard laser into a receiver's hands, or he might run around in circles until he's 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage and then try to lateral it to the mascot. That said, he's made incredible progress this year and I'm curious to see what the second half of the season brings, because whatever it is it won't be dull.

Indeed, he is "must see TV." And for Bills fans, it is much more fun to watch when we're winning.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsIsrael said:

TBH that's a pretty funny take that has the benefit of being rooted in fact, or at least informed opinion.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I laughed hard enough at "and then try to lateral it to the mascot" that I had a coughing fit, because it's true.  Even when he screws up (which is getting less frequent) it's still entertaining. 

It's really not true though.  Allen makes very little mistakes that top QBs also don't make.  This whole narrative that Allen is always running backwards making dumb decisions is lazy and outdated.  Allen Int rate is on the low end and his fumbles are becoming on par with other top QBs. 

Allen's mental lapses are no different than any other top QB in the league, it's just that everything he does he viewed as a negative by the majority of the media, because they like to hate a guy for no reason other than they can be correct about something 3 years ago.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It's really not true though.  Allen makes very little mistakes that top QBs also don't make.  This whole narrative that Allen is always running backwards making dumb decisions is lazy and outdated.  Allen Int rate is on the low end and his fumbles are becoming on par with other top QBs. 

Allen's mental lapses are no different than any other top QB in the league, it's just that everything he does he viewed as a negative by the majority of the media, because they like to hate a guy for no reason other than they can be correct about something 3 years ago.

Some of these over exaggerations are funny.

And the legend grows ;)

It used to be that you could be watching one of the greatest plays in football unfold or one of the great disasters.

He is leaning in the great plays direction this year :)

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BillsIsrael said:

I thought one of the advantages of this year was no Billy Buffalo.

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Well, at least they spelled his name right....it's Allen not Allan

Allan is his French alter ego...

Edited by Don Otreply

8 hours ago, BillsIsrael said:

This was a great read and I would encourage everyone to read it....thanks for sharing

8 hours ago, BillsIsrael said:

Eh.  The "run around in circles and lateral to the mascot" is unworthy IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

He is the first Qb since Farve that puts you on the edge of your seat.  No matter the outcome you know he will go down swinging.  Whether he is getting called for a facemask on a DE, just to throw a 20 yard laser on the next play.  Nothing is impossible.  The 25 plus years of mediocre qb has created almost a conditioned response to circumstances and game situations.  Allen breaks down all those barriers for me.  He may not be the best Qb, but everytime he steps on the field there is a possibility he is the best player on the field.  Against Seatlle he was.  In the playoffs he could be too.  

• Like (+1) 1

As I keep saying - tuning in to watch Allen play every Sunday brings me the most joy I've had as a football fan since the early '90s.  I actually think it might be more fun now, he's just such a unicorn and every single play is an adventure, you might see something you've never seen before in your life.

Also this great article.

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, Mat68 said:

He is the first Qb since Farve that puts you on the edge of your seat.  No matter the outcome you know he will go down swinging.  Whether he is getting called for a facemask on a DE, just to throw a 20 yard laser on the next play.  Nothing is impossible.  The 25 plus years of mediocre qb has created almost a conditioned response to circumstances and game situations.  Allen breaks down all those barriers for me.  He may not be the best Qb, but everytime he steps on the field there is a possibility he is the best player on the field.  Against Seatlle he was.  In the playoffs he could be too.  

He is the first guy to truly play like Favre, just reckless abandon out there.  He’s cleaned it up more this year, but he’s still a wild card, I love it, when it works lol. 

What I think I like most about Allen... is no down and distance seem too far. 3rd and 5 used to make me say just bring out the punter already.  With Allen, 3rd and 5 can become 3rd and 10 after a false start; then 3rd and 20 after a hold.  No problem..  he can convert this; I say to myself.   That is a truly good feeling.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1