Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Phillips high snaps just due to Butler being out? 

Wow we really must be bringing Milano slowly along. I guess the nature of his injury and a physical slugfest in the trenches maybe a higher chance of reinjuring? 

Jefforson was pretty low too, and Harrison who sits a week was suddenly really high..

Thanks for this!

31 minutes ago, wjag said:

So can we have the weather from NE-BUF next weekend?  I doubt Russell’s “moon balls” will work. 

Sal said the weather wasn't bad at all in Buf, only thing he said had a problem was the punting. But neither team would have had a problem passing the ball. The weather was not an issue 

Edited by TBBills

9 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I need someone to tell me what margin of victory will be acceptable this week

If the Bills win that is all that matters, this is a good team they will face. The Patriots sold the farm which is why everyone expected a better game.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Wow we really must be bringing Milano slowly along. I guess the nature of his injury and a physical slugfest in the trenches maybe a higher chance of reinjuring? 

Jefforson was pretty low too, and Harrison who sits a week was suddenly really high..

Thanks for this!

I think Milano and Jefferson still being banged up led to lower snow count 

Every year you look at the schedule and pencil in one win that you don't expect and one loss that you don't expect.  I nominate the Hawks for that win and the Chargers for that loss.

Let's hope Seattle has a letdown coming off a win over their biggest rival the 49ers. You can't say the same about the Bills. I bet not one AFCE team cracks NE's top 5 rivals. During the last 20 years its been the Colts, Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, Giants who defeated the evil empire twice on the biggest stage. If the Bills win this one it will be like the LA game 35-32 or something similar.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Let's hope Seattle has a letdown coming off a win over their biggest rival the 49ers. You can't say the same about the Bills. I bet not one AFCE team cracks NE's top 5 rivals. During the last 20 years its been the Colts, Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, Giants who defeated the evil empire twice on the biggest stage. If the Bills win this one it will be like the LA game 35-32 or something similar.

Seattle has a big game against the rams the week after so the bills are sandwiched between two division games for them plus a cross country trip played at 1pm. Could have them start out flat?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seattle has a big game against the rams the week after so the bills are sandwiched between two division games for them plus a cross country trip played at 1pm. Could have them start out flat?

I didn't know they play the Rams the following week, This could be a trap game for them. It will be a tough game as the Bills D has struggled but so has the Hawks D. I think this is the Rams game all over again. I don't expect the Bills to jump out to a huge lead but if they win it will be high scoring.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I didn't know they play the Rams the following week, This could be a trap game for them. It will be a tough game as the Bills D has struggled but so has the Hawks D. I think this is the Rams game all over again. I don't expect the Bills to jump out to a huge lead but if they win it will be high scoring.

If I recall correctly Seattle flew out to Miami for a 1pm game and it was pretty close. Seattle ended up winning by a TD but allowed 23.

it was 17-9 at the half and Most of their scoring was in the 4th qtr. It will be important for the Bills not to fall behind early. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I recall correctly Seattle flew out to Miami for a 1pm game and it was pretty close. Seattle ended up winning by a TD but allowed 23.

it was 17-9 at the half and Most of their scoring was in the 4th qtr. It will be important for the Bills not to fall behind early. 

Hopefully Moss and Singletary can have a big days again. If their was ever a week to run the ball and control the clock, this is it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Seattle doesn't have Chris Carson running the ball their offense should be pretty one dimensional. If you can keep Russel Wilson in the pocket and our secondary plays up to snuff it might be a halfway decent matchup for our defense. DK worries me though as we've had trouble with bigger physical receivers this year and last.

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I realize it takes a team to win but having watched few portions of their games this season, their offense completely runs through Wilson and I have never seen him have a "down" game. Dude is always sharp despite the play of his teammates

Edited by Fan in Chicago

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

If Seattle doesn't have Chris Carson running the ball their offense should be pretty one dimensional. If you can keep Russel Wilson in the pocket and our secondary plays up to snuff it might be a halfway decent matchup for our defense. DK worries me though as we've had trouble with bigger physical receivers this year and last.

My opinion is a little different. Obviously, with Carson and Hyde they are much better. I think the Seahawks will hurt us on the ground no matter who is at RB. Dallas didn't look awful vs the 49ers. We haven't been able to stop the run. Harris was even productive yesterday. Also, who do we have to cover both Locket and Metcalf? One of surely should be productive. We are vulnerable vs Big WR and slot WR. Puck your poison . Not to mention Wilson's ability to run and make big plays. The only way win is by exploiting their weak secondary. Allen will have to be awesome. 

12 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Seahawks dismantled the forty-niners. The niners dismantled NE. Hmmmmmmmm. 

but the cardinals beat the Seahawks even thought they were dismantled by the panthers who lost to the Raiders, so...  

any given Sunday. It’s all about match ups and game planning week to week. And having good days and bad days. 

Packers were obliterated by Minnesota 

Bengals over titans? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

that one dimension is pretty good. Didn't even use Lockett yesterday. Keeping Wilson in the pocket? He's pretty good from there

39 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Hopefully Moss and Singletary can have a big days again. If their was ever a week to run the ball and control the clock, this is it.

I was listening to Sal today and he said the pats were defending the bills like the bills defended the chiefs, they had 7 DBs out there had basically inviting them to run the ball. They took advantage of that and didn’t force the passing game. I don’t know if Seattle will do the same but they might, and I’m pleased with how our RBs are running. They looked like they were running with purpose. 

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

My opinion is a little different. Obviously, with Carson and Hyde they are much better. I think the Seahawks will hurt us on the ground no matter who is at RB. Dallas didn't look awful vs the 49ers. We haven't been able to stop the run. Harris was even productive yesterday. Also, who do we have to cover both Locket and Metcalf? One of surely should be productive. We are vulnerable vs Big WR and slot WR. Puck your poison . Not to mention Wilson's ability to run and make big plays. The only way win is by exploiting their weak secondary. Allen will have to be awesome. 

If it's me we put White on Lockett to ride or die and try and scheme to always have safety help for Wallace/Norman against DK on the other side.

FWIW we seem to struggle with size -- Parker, Mims, Kupp more than speed guys like Hill this season and last.

Dallas only averaged 2.3 yards per carry and 3.4 yards per catch against the 49ers so your eyes may deceive you there. If they can't take advantage of our soft run defense either because we got out to a quick start or because of injuries I give us a much better chance.

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

"keep russell wilson in the pocket" lol 

hes the best QB in the league. thats where he does his damage from...the pocket 

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills can get out to an early lead, make the Seahawks one-dimensional, load up on DBs and hope to force a rare mistake from Russ then they have a chance.

It'll be very high scoring. These are similar teams: explosive offenses, athletic/mobile QBs, great receiving corps and porous defenses. Russ has just been more consistent than Josh.

The Seahawks have given up at least 23 points in every game. We should be able to score on this team. Our chance is to limit big plays from Russ, not committing turnovers (hopefully winning the differential) & controlling the TOP. I look for Moss and Singletary to have big days.

With that said, I think SEA pulls it out in a close one, 38-34. Russ is just too good. 

Edited by EersN'Bills

2 minutes ago, EersN'Bills said:

If the Bills can get out to an early lead, make the Seahawks one-dimensional, load up on DBs and hope to force a rare mistake from Russ.

It'll be very high scoring. These are similar teams: explosive offenses, athletic/mobile QBs, great receiving corps and porous defenses. Russ has just been more consistent than Josh.

The Seahawks have given up at least 23 points in every game. We should be able to score on this team. Our chance is to limit big plays from Russ, not committing turnovers (hopefully winning the differential) & controlling the TOP. I look for Moss and Singletary to have big days.

With that said, I think SEA pulls it out in a close one, 38-34. Russ is just too good. 

Game will come down to Allen and the passing game. thats it really. can he keep up with Wilson and their high scoring offense

Our passing game hasn't been good since week 4. since then defenses have been playing zone and selling out to stop the pass and we have yet to come up with a solution for it. Seattle has a poor defense but so did the Chiefs and Jets and we didn't put many points on them. I think Bills fans are overrating our offense big time. 

Edited by Penfield45
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

"keep russell wilson in the pocket" lol 

hes the best QB in the league. thats where he does his damage from...the pocket 

I think you missed my point. The only chance is making the game one dimensional by eliminating the run game and forcing Wilson to get the ball out quickly.

Wilson is a great quarterback in the pocket, outside the pocket, on the run. He's incredible. I just think our chances of winning rely pressuring him in the pocket as a pure passer. If he's regularly extending the play outside the pocket and dropping dimes I don't know if we have the guns to hang with them.

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Game will come down to Allen and the passing game

Our passing game hasn't been good since week 4. since then defenses have been playing zone and selling out to stop the pass and we have yet to come up with a solution for it. Seattle has a poor defense but so did the Chiefs and Jets and we didn't put many points on them. I think Bills fans are overrating our offense big time. 

Which is why I think the running game needs to be key in this game. Shorten the game and keep the ball out of Russ' hands as much as you can.

Allen needs to make plays, yes. And he should against that defense. Just need to have a healthy mix since the running game has been bad before yesterday.

Daboll was stubbornly refusing to get a good running game going (not having Feliciano hurt for sure) and playing into those defenses' hands who were selling out to stop the passing game and Allen was making mistakes because of it. They were daring us to run, and we didn't. And it hurt our passing game as a result.

Get the running game going, and the passing game will open up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Game will come down to Allen and the passing game. thats it really. can he keep up with Wilson and their high scoring offense

We punted 0 times against the Jets lol just a lot of shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and such.  Need to be a threat to run to pass the ball and the running game seemed to get on track with Feliciano back.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We punted 0 times against the Jets lol just a lot of shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and such.  Need to be a threat to run to pass the ball and the running game seemed to get on track with Feliciano back.

Yup. Seattle is gonna see that we ran it well on New England. They'll gameplan for that and that will hopefully give Allen more favorable coverages/open spaces for Diggs, Brown & Beasley.

The scary prospect of this game is Lockett and Metcalf running wild down field on the Bills secondary.  Not sure how the Bills scheme to cover them.  7 DBs?  Maybe, but that exposes the run game.  Double Metcalf and take your chances with singling Lockett?  Curios what you X and Os guys out there think.

• Like (+1) 1