Need to trade for a pass rusher

I do think they need more pressure, but the LBs and CBs being out really hurt.  Thankfully this isn’t exactly a stacked team to cover.  Next week becomes more interesting.  I think Tre will have Kupp, but Woods could put up 13 catches and 200 yards against Wallace.  That’s not going to be fun if they can’t get pressure and have some LB help in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

All those that said I was wrong two weeks ago, where are you now???

Right here, are you coming over :huh:

Edited by HOUSE

On 9/20/2020 at 7:07 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

This offense can make a deep playoff run. This defense lacks a pass rush and is average to below average in causing turnovers. 13th last year and only one turnover in 2 games so far. 

It's time for Beane to go all in and give up some draft capital for a pass rusher. There are several teams that have no future in 2020.  Find someone that can play a hybrid DE/OLB. 

nice idea, but you need to give scenarios of what players for what picks.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Doubt they make a move, but an interesting name to play around with:... JJ Watt.... 

Had some bitter things to say about being 0-4. 

Imagine trading Hopkins and Watt in the same season. Not even BOB is dumb enough to do that.

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Seems dumb enough to do it. What spell does he have over the owner to get all the power and make all the dumb moves?

The Texans need draft picks on the worst way but I’m not sure Beane would want to give up what it take to get him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was thinking about this today. They need to find pass rushers. Carr had all day back there. They thought they’d be fine with the edge pressure by committee approach but it’s clearly not working. They need an elite guy out there, but I’d take even decent at this point.

1 minute ago, Bigvinny said:

They said Diggs was a diva too. 

How many teams has the Clown been on? 3? Meh I’ll pass, I’m sure they can fine equal production for less money.

I wouldn't be opposed to them trading for a pass rusher or maybe even the 1-tech DT they're missing with Lotulelei being out. That dude, along with Trent Murphy, has been a forum whipping boy since he got here but I think all of us underestimated his absence. He does a lot of the dirty work in the trenches that frees up his ends and linebackers. Harrison Phillips can play that role but it's not his bread and butter, nor is it Ed Oliver's, Vernon Butler's, or Quinton Jefferson's. They miss that anchor in the middle right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/20/2020 at 7:07 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

This offense can make a deep playoff run. This defense lacks a pass rush and is average to below average in causing turnovers. 13th last year and only one turnover in 2 games so far. 

It's time for Beane to go all in and give up some draft capital for a pass rusher. There are several teams that have no future in 2020.  Find someone that can play a hybrid DE/OLB. 

We have lots of passrushers.  We need a big fat beast to keep our linebackers clean.

My 2 cents.

The JETS - I don't recall a big problem being Week 1 with limited camps and no PS

The Fins - Fitz can be a good passing QB and on that Sunday he was good

The Rams - Goff is a good QB and the Rams are a good team

The Raiders - I have always said Carr was a QB that progresses in hos first 3 seasons and was a decent QB.  The Raiders had some issues due to Carr's injury (broken Fib) and the "stories" aka rumors of his O Line being miffed with him in 2018  (He's too religious for my liking ... The problem isn't Carr, it is the players that think a guy is crying, and )

So Congrats to the Bills Defense for your hard work and solid play (even though it may not look like it at times) 

We need to start talking about Daryll Johnson. What seemed like training camp, small school fodder last season, is turning into a dude. He is the prototype in terms of size and length but he also has a ton of speed. How many base defensive ends run down on the kickoff team? Every time this guy plays he makes an impact and I think he has a real future here. He needs to play more as his pass rush is producing results. I think we have a real gem on our hands. 

I think it was Chris Brown on WGR saying Alexander was in charge of calling DL games and stunts and this year it's been a group effort. Small things we don't ever hear about. Without much preparation this offseason you have to think they just aren't on the same page yet with these calls. Looked like maybe something started to click in the 2nd half of the Raiders game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was right before the season, when I started this thread, and I'm still right. The defense is terrible and its not just 2020 phenomenon. 

Bills need to make a move or two to improve front 7. It may be they need a true #1 technique guy that can free up Oliver. Maybe they bench Murphy for Epenesa. Could he be any worse? Hopefully Beane realizes now it's a crisis and he can work some magic.

• Like (+1) 1

They are not getting a consistent push from the interior of the line and the DE are consistently losing containment on passing and not setting the edge on running plays. Save Milano ( hurt too often) our other young lb are to inexperienced or not athletic enough on the blitz . I suggest 33 Neal play more on passing downs . The dbs off the practice squad looks like midgets out there.

I was against this initially due to cap implications, but i'm at the point where i'm not resigning Milano due to his availability issues and the only guys i'm 100% keeping for next year off this DL are Oliver, Star, Jefferson, with Johnson/Epenesa due to cheap rookie contracts.  Everyone else in the Front 7 can be cut for all I care, and i'm pretty sure most of their deals are structured for minimal cap hits if cut.