Have You Ever Attended A Bills Home Game

LB3

Have You Ever Attended a Bills Home Game?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Attended a Bills Home Game?

If you have, what was your favorite experience? What was your least favorite experience?

I've gone to 3-4 games a year over the last 20 years, and once a year through my childhood.

My favorite experience was the 1995 Wild Card win over Miami. It was my first ever playoff game and we stomped them. The game was never in doubt. Second favorite would be the wild comeback vs the Raiders in 2011. That was just a crazy fun day.

Least favorite is tough. From a football standpoint, the 2009 Browns game where we lost 3-6 is hard to beat. That was one of the only times I was so disgusted by the team that I thought of giving up on them. But that wasn't me least favorite experience. That honor goes to the December 2007 game against the Giants.

The day started off about 50 degrees at 9am. It was about 40 and raining by noon. At halftime it was ice. At the start of the 4th quarter, my jeans and jacket were hardened ice as the snowstorm fully hit. I was not prepared for the weather that day, that was the last time I'd ever make that mistake. I couldn't feel my toes because my sneakers were ice. We left the grill cus the extra minute it would have taken to get it into the car wasn't worth it. The drive home through the whiteout was awful. Oh yeah, we lost a game that we were winning because Trentative started throwing the ball to the Giants.

Edited by LB3
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LB3 said:

The day started off about 50 degrees at 9am. It was about 40 and raining by noon. At halftime it was ice. At the start of the 4th quarter, my jeans and jacket were hardened ice as the snowstorm fully hit. I was not prepared for the weather that day, that was the last time I'd ever make that mistake. I couldn't feel my toes because my sneakers were ice. We left the grill cus the extra minute it would have taken to get it into the car wasn't worth it. The drive home through the whiteout was awful. Oh yeah, we lost a game that we were winning because Trentative started throwing the ball to the Giants.

That Giants game was definitely the worst game I’ve been to weather wise because I wasn’t prepared either. Not nearly the coldest, windiest or wettest, but just didn’t have the proper gear that day. I think I had jeans on. That day we had some extra seats in the Kelly club so the wives / girlfriends sat up there while we sat out in our normal season seats in section 109. I remember meeting them on the way out of the stadium and they were dry, warm and happy. Felt like we were near hypothermia. To make matters worse, I think we blew an early lead in that meaningless game. Think Brandon Jacobs went stupid that day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

That Giants game was definitely the worst game I’ve been to weather wise because I wasn’t prepared either. Not nearly the coldest, windiest or wettest, but just didn’t have the proper gear that day. I think I had jeans on. That day we had some extra seats in the Kelly club so the wives / girlfriends sat up there while we sat out in our normal season seats in section 109. I remember meeting them on the way out of the stadium and they were dry, warm and happy. Felt like we were near hypothermia. To make matters worse, I think we blew an early lead in that meaningless game. Think Brandon Jacobs went stupid that day. 

Yeah. I've been to a few games that were colder as well. It was the drop in temperate after the rainstorm that was the killer. I remember we jumped out to an early lead but they came back. I distinctively remember thinking the game was over when the Giants took the lead with a Kawiki Mitchell pick 6. I wanted to leave after that but my buddy was visiting from California and wanted to stay. He had been better prepared for the weather. :doh:

I witnessed a Peterman led picking attack. At first, I was dejected and pissed. Then, I realized the comedy playing out before my eyes, started drinking (more), and I basically started phony-rooting not for the Bills (the game was lost... completely and utterly lost), but for "The Peter-MAHHHHN!". 

At least we got a lot of laughs, didn't get kicked out, and made some fast friends.

• Haha (+1) 1

favorite home game - my first game ever 1970 home opener versus Cowboys (Craig Morton, Walt Garrison) at the old War Memorial Stadium - quite a high-scoring game and OJ scored right in front of me; Tony Greene debut, smallest player ever to wear an NFL uniform I believe...

least favorite - watching Bert Jones and the Colts come from behind to score a lot of points and beat us during the Lou Saban run on O and hide on D days or is it daze

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I witnessed a Peterman led picking attack. At first, I was dejected and pissed. Then, I realized the comedy playing out before my eyes, started drinking (more), and I basically started phony-rooting not for the Bills (the game was lost... completely and utterly lost), but for "The Peter-MAHHHHN!". 

At least we got a lot of laughs, didn't get kicked out, and made some fast friends.

You stayed and watched the entire game against San Diego???

Yes, I have attended many a game since 1991, I was born in 85. Obviously my favorite experience was the 2nd half of the wild card win against the Oilers but thats an answer a lot of people would have. 

Even though the Bills lost the Monday Night game against Dallas was a great experience and atmosphere, probably one of the best I've ever attended at the Stadium.  The Flutie win against the Jaguars was a good one. 

Least favorite are a bunch that stick out. The Jags winning 13-10 on the catch in the back of the endzone, Jay Cutler connecting on like a 3rd and 24 and then watching a 50 + yarder go through at the buzzer when we were playing the Broncos. From a weather standpoint there were two games back to back which were absolutely miserable in 1993. I believe one of them was against the Jets that the Bills barely won. It had to of been  in the negatives after wind chill. 

Went to several as a small child, then started going regularly around 2004. Had seasons starting in '06 until I moved down south in 2011. The earliest Bills game I can remember going to was in 1997, week 4 against the Colts. Bills trailed 26-0 in the 2nd quarter and went on a 37-3 run to come back and win it. A lot of good memories in that stadium. The worst one HAS to be MNF against Dallas in '07. But even that's tough to say that that was the worst. That was probably the most fun I've ever had at a Bills game for about the first 58 minutes... and then the choke began. There was a SNF drubbing against the Pats that year, too. Randy Moss had 4 TDs in the first half, if I recall.

Bills games are like my holy Mecca. There’s no better place in the world for me. You’re among 70,000 of your people. Your experiences will differ obviously but all the time and money we’ve invested is about to pay off. Which is why it ***** sucks so bad that we are not even allowed in the building, or the ***** parking lots. If you’ve never been, especially if you’re local, get your ass to a game as soon as it’s allowed by law

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My worst game might be against the Jets in 1989 it ranks as the 5th coldest game in Bills history.

They won in a landslide though.

My 78 Impala winter beaters heat was not working so we froze going there and back home.

While digging out my seat some woman comes up behind me and gets showered in snow then yells at me " what are you a Canadian Beaver" I relied NO but I like to eat it..... she wasn't impressed ;) 

The real worst part is I was at 7 of the 10 ;) 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/the-top-10-coldest-games-in-bills-history-5087866

5. Dec. 23rd 1989 – at N.Y. Jets, 16 degrees, wind chill of minus-11The Bills felt right at home in the blustery Meadowlands as Buffalo's offense had it in cruise control and the defense had the hapless Jets stymied from start to finish.

Buffalo's defense held the Jets to just 54 yards rushing with Cornelius Bennett and Bruce Smith both logging a pair of sacks. Bennett also had an interception.

Fullback Larry Kinnebrew had a big day with 91 yards rushing and a touchdown, with Thurman Thomas and Kenny Davis combining for another 106 rushing yards and two scores en route to a 37-0 whitewash of the Jets.

With the win Buffalo clinched the AFC East title.

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

favorite home game - my first game ever 1970 home opener versus Cowboys (Craig Morton, Walt Garrison) at the old War Memorial Stadium - quite a high-scoring game and OJ scored right in front of me; Tony Greene debut, smallest player ever to wear an NFL uniform I believe...

I was there. We used to pick one game a year to back before the family got season seats and the Dallas game was it. As a kid, I thought Bob Hayes was a cool...fastest human on the planet.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I was there. We used to pick one game a year, back before the family got season seats and the Dallas game was it. As a kid, I thought Bob Hayes was a cool...fastest human on the planet.

• Like (+1) 1

For games I’ve attended:

Best — The Comeback

Runner-Up — ‘90 AFC Championship

3rd place — 3 TDs in a minute vs. Denver (‘90)

Worst — Wild Card vs. Jacksonville (1st and only Bills’ playoff loss at home)

Runner-Up — Saints in 2017

• Like (+1) 1

Yes unfortunately i have . It was so much fun leading u to the game walking up to the stadium seeing all the Bills Mafia tail gating getting ready for the Bills to play but it was against NE so the good feeling only lasted until half time the Pats came out and erased the lead the Bills had a t half and commenced to pummel the Bills just more reason to drink ...

I'm a lifelong Midwesterner.  I used to get to see the Bills every year back when Indianapolis was in the AFC East.  Since then I've gone to Bills games in KC, Chicago, and Minneapolis (I was there for "the hurdle"), but I've only ever been to one Bills home game -- Week 1 2015 vs. the Colts.  This was Rex Ryan's first game with the Bills and also Tyrod Taylor's first game.  The crowd was jacked up, the Bills won easily, and my son and I had a great time.

19 minutes ago, eball said:

For games I’ve attended:

Best — The Comeback

Runner-Up — ‘90 AFC Championship

3rd place — 3 TDs in a minute vs. Denver (‘90)

Worst — Wild Card vs. Jacksonville (1st and only Bills’ playoff loss at home)

Runner-Up — Saints in 2017

Damn @eball are lists are almost identical!! 

I’m flip-flopping the best and runner-up though. The energy heading to halftime of that AFC Championship was unmatched at any game I’ve ever been to. It is the closest that I’ve ever come to a Bills Super Bowl Parade. It was a coronation and we had an opportunity to soak it all in.

The Comeback was pure euphoria. I remember just strangers hugging and jumping on seats. No one really knew what to do or had any control of their emotions. It always reminds me of this 😂😂:

3rd place is probably the Lawyer Millie game. That was the last time that it felt like the Bills were about to turn the corner and then they BURIED New England. 

Worst - That Jacksonville playoff game stung. That building was deflated. Just like the way that the Raiders game felt like the start of something amazing, this felt like the end. 

Runner-up - That Willie Parker game I think. All that the Bills had to do was beat a bunch of backups and they were in. They couldn’t get it done.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m flip-flopping the best and runner-up though. The energy heading to halftime of that AFC Championship was unmatched at any game I’ve ever been to. It is the closest that I’ve ever come to a Bills Super Bowl Parade. It was a coronation and we had an opportunity to soak it all in.

Yeah that was a tough call for me.  I agree with everything you are saying...I guess the drama of the Comeback won out for me in the end.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yeah that was a tough call for me.  I agree with everything you are saying...I guess the drama of the Comeback won out for me in the end.

It really is more 1 & 1A. A strong argument could be made either way. There were so many options that came after, just games that stick out. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was a season ticket holder from 1988 through 1997 and attended 2 to 3 games a year till about 2011 when health issues stopped me from attending the games. My favorite time was when the Bills beat the Raiders to go to Superbowl 25. My worse time was my last year of being a season ticket holder in 97 when after the Broncos game my friend and coworker died of a heart attack right in the Bills parking lot.

• Sad 1

1992 opener against the Rams. 47-0. We had 50 yard line seats right below the owner's box. Thurman scored 4 TDs, James Lofton broke the receiving yardage record, Tasker laid out the Rams punt returner on a play they always show on his highlights, and Magic Johnson was in attendance. The 26-0 comeback against the Colts in 97 was another one of my favorites. The Panthers game in 2013 ranks right up there. Especially because I was given tickets at like 8:00 the night before. The home opener against Miami in 2014 was electric. The Pegulas had just bought the team and the ovation Jim Kelly got during the ceremony for Ralph gave me goosebumps. 

The worst game by far was the 6-3 **** show against the Browns in 2009.

Edited by holla83

3 hours ago, LB3 said:

If you have, what was your favorite experience? What was your least favorite experience?

I've gone to 3-4 games a year over the last 20 years, and once a year through my childhood.

My favorite experience was the 1995 Wild Card win over Miami. It was my first ever playoff game and we stomped them. The game was never in doubt. Second favorite would be the wild comeback vs the Raiders in 2011. That was just a crazy fun day.

Least favorite is tough. From a football standpoint, the 2009 Browns game where we lost 3-6 is hard to beat. That was one of the only times I was so disgusted by the team that I thought of giving up on them. But that wasn't me least favorite experience. That honor goes to the December 2007 game against the Giants.

Well...Best is hard to pinpoint...Plenty of great memories...But worst was definitely that 88 Raiders game. Not the game itself which was great...But I literally froze my ass off...I thought I was going to die...🥶

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

First Game: 11/18/84. Snowing very hard. Beat the Cowboys. their only win that year. Greg Bell had an 85 yard TD run

Favorite game: 95 playoffs. My uncle worked for US Air and he did all of the Bills players plane tickets. The offensive coordinator at the time owed my uncle a favor and gave him playoff tickets. He couldn't go because he had to work so me and my brother went with a different uncle. We got to the stadium and he said our tickets were in John Butler's office. Somehow we made it to his office and he had a long table with a bunch of envelopes on it , one of them had my uncle Dave's name on it. He handed us the envelope and we went to find our seats. The Usher looked at our tickets for about 5 minutes and sized us up and down and said your way down front. We were 50 yard line a few rows up sitting with the players wives at a playoff game. It was incredible and the bills dominated that day.

Last game: my brother started getting season tickets last year and I flew up from Charleston to go to the Miami game. Had a blast. The tailgate was incredible. 

Edited by Bigvinny
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills vs Miami December game when Moulds and Price was sill on the team. Major snow when the game started and at one Point you could not se the white Miami Jerseys. Every commercial break everyone was singing "Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow. It spite of Ricky Williams running for 250 Yards that game we still won. Good Luck finding your car in the parking lot after the game.

Been to 8 home games, but suffered a bad winless run from 1997-2016, which should not surprise many. Been getting fortunate since. 
Best: Washington in 96. Darick Holmes ran for 3 tds. Coming off a loss to NE, the Bills needed a big win and got one. Lots of fun in the lot before the game with some women we knew only as “The Cookie Ladies” as they brought, you guessed it, cookies which we traded for jello shooters. Who would have guessed that those, a 12 pack and a Wegmans sub would have been such a bad combo?

Worst- December 2000 vs Miami. A combination of a drunken error and a horrible loss.went to the game with 3 friends and came home  with two. Got loser drunk and tossed a perfectly good cup of beer at a Fins fan 2 rows in front of me who was being especially obnoxious. Add to that a game in which the Fins outscored the Bills by 35 and you have yourself my worst Bills memory...live game-wise at least.

I’ve been to multiple games every year since I was a child. 

This will be the first year ive missed the opener in many years. Nothing beats the electric (positive energy) atmosphere of an opener. Nothing. 

Ive thought of getting seasons but there’s never tickets available where I like to sit. So it’s easier just picking and choosing from the games I want to go to. 

Ive never had a bad experience. Even the cold games were fun. I’ve heard of people having bad times from unruly fans, etc. but I’ve never experienced that. I feel like I’m many of those cases people are looking for something to whine about. 

Typically if you’re  looking for something hard enough in a sea of 80k people, most of which have consumed a fair amount of suds, you’ll find it. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Sorry but the first question is rather redundant for this board. 

Best experience other than shellacking the Pats 31-0 to open the season was talking to Marv in his office after a game waiting for the traffic to die down. 

The worst was when they cut off beer sales in the first quarter one Saturday night against Denver. The beer guy was reaching for my money and about to hand me a couple of cold ones when some supervisor came up and cut us all off. Truly a sad moment. Sitting through a miserable game with no beer and tires were burning in the parking lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've been to at least one game a year since the late 90's

Best games

1) vs Patriots 2011. 34-31 win with Fitzmagic

2) vs Raiders 2011. 38-35 win with Fitzmagic

Worst games

1) vs Dolphins 2010 (season opener). 15-10 loss. I had a terrible hangover for the game, and in the 1st quarter some guy projectile vomited 2 rows behind me. Stadium crew didn't even put sawdust on it until the 3rd quarter..... I spent that entire time trying to not vomit as well. The game itself was also pretty terrible. 

2) vs Browns 2009. 6-3 loss. The worst-played football game in recent NFL history. 

3) vs 49ers 2008. 10-3 loss. 49ers opened the game with a TD drive, and then put up about 100 yards the rest of the game. Bills drives kept stalling and settling for (missed) FGs. Peak Jauron era garbage

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

So many great memories in the 150+ games I attended as a season tix holder.    

The glory years games, of course.   But here's another, that I attended with my Dad that will always be a highlight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJNNLuwNMw

I first learned about this game from the Bills 35th anniversary VHS tape that I got as a kid. Didn't Ferguson complete a long pass to Hooks the play before or earlier in the drive to set that up?