Have You Ever Attended A Bills Home Game

LB3

Have You Ever Attended a Bills Home Game?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Attended a Bills Home Game?

If you have, what was your favorite experience? What was your least favorite experience?

I've gone to 3-4 games a year over the last 20 years, and once a year through my childhood.

My favorite experience was the 1995 Wild Card win over Miami. It was my first ever playoff game and we stomped them. The game was never in doubt. Second favorite would be the wild comeback vs the Raiders in 2011. That was just a crazy fun day.

Least favorite is tough. From a football standpoint, the 2009 Browns game where we lost 3-6 is hard to beat. That was one of the only times I was so disgusted by the team that I thought of giving up on them. But that wasn't me least favorite experience. That honor goes to the December 2007 game against the Giants.

The day started off about 50 degrees at 9am. It was about 40 and raining by noon. At halftime it was ice. At the start of the 4th quarter, my jeans and jacket were hardened ice as the snowstorm fully hit. I was not prepared for the weather that day, that was the last time I'd ever make that mistake. I couldn't feel my toes because my sneakers were ice. We left the grill cus the extra minute it would have taken to get it into the car wasn't worth it. The drive home through the whiteout was awful. Oh yeah, we lost a game that we were winning because Trentative started throwing the ball to the Giants.

Edited by LB3
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LB3 said:

The day started off about 50 degrees at 9am. It was about 40 and raining by noon. At halftime it was ice. At the start of the 4th quarter, my jeans and jacket were hardened ice as the snowstorm fully hit. I was not prepared for the weather that day, that was the last time I'd ever make that mistake. I couldn't feel my toes because my sneakers were ice. We left the grill cus the extra minute it would have taken to get it into the car wasn't worth it. The drive home through the whiteout was awful. Oh yeah, we lost a game that we were winning because Trentative started throwing the ball to the Giants.

That Giants game was definitely the worst game I’ve been to weather wise because I wasn’t prepared either. Not nearly the coldest, windiest or wettest, but just didn’t have the proper gear that day. I think I had jeans on. That day we had some extra seats in the Kelly club so the wives / girlfriends sat up there while we sat out in our normal season seats in section 109. I remember meeting them on the way out of the stadium and they were dry, warm and happy. Felt like we were near hypothermia. To make matters worse, I think we blew an early lead in that meaningless game. Think Brandon Jacobs went stupid that day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

That Giants game was definitely the worst game I’ve been to weather wise because I wasn’t prepared either. Not nearly the coldest, windiest or wettest, but just didn’t have the proper gear that day. I think I had jeans on. That day we had some extra seats in the Kelly club so the wives / girlfriends sat up there while we sat out in our normal season seats in section 109. I remember meeting them on the way out of the stadium and they were dry, warm and happy. Felt like we were near hypothermia. To make matters worse, I think we blew an early lead in that meaningless game. Think Brandon Jacobs went stupid that day. 

Yeah. I've been to a few games that were colder as well. It was the drop in temperate after the rainstorm that was the killer. I remember we jumped out to an early lead but they came back. I distinctively remember thinking the game was over when the Giants took the lead with a Kawiki Mitchell pick 6. I wanted to leave after that but my buddy was visiting from California and wanted to stay. He had been better prepared for the weather. :doh:

I witnessed a Peterman led picking attack. At first, I was dejected and pissed. Then, I realized the comedy playing out before my eyes, started drinking (more), and I basically started phony-rooting not for the Bills (the game was lost... completely and utterly lost), but for "The Peter-MAHHHHN!". 

At least we got a lot of laughs, didn't get kicked out, and made some fast friends.

• Haha (+1) 1

favorite home game - my first game ever 1970 home opener versus Cowboys (Craig Morton, Walt Garrison) at the old War Memorial Stadium - quite a high-scoring game and OJ scored right in front of me; Tony Greene debut, smallest player ever to wear an NFL uniform I believe...

least favorite - watching Bert Jones and the Colts come from behind to score a lot of points and beat us during the Lou Saban run on O and hide on D days or is it daze

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I witnessed a Peterman led picking attack. At first, I was dejected and pissed. Then, I realized the comedy playing out before my eyes, started drinking (more), and I basically started phony-rooting not for the Bills (the game was lost... completely and utterly lost), but for "The Peter-MAHHHHN!". 

At least we got a lot of laughs, didn't get kicked out, and made some fast friends.

You stayed and watched the entire game against San Diego???

Yes, I have attended many a game since 1991, I was born in 85. Obviously my favorite experience was the 2nd half of the wild card win against the Oilers but thats an answer a lot of people would have. 

Even though the Bills lost the Monday Night game against Dallas was a great experience and atmosphere, probably one of the best I've ever attended at the Stadium.  The Flutie win against the Jaguars was a good one. 

Least favorite are a bunch that stick out. The Jags winning 13-10 on the catch in the back of the endzone, Jay Cutler connecting on like a 3rd and 24 and then watching a 50 + yarder go through at the buzzer when we were playing the Broncos. From a weather standpoint there were two games back to back which were absolutely miserable in 1993. I believe one of them was against the Jets that the Bills barely won. It had to of been  in the negatives after wind chill. 

Went to several as a small child, then started going regularly around 2004. Had seasons starting in '06 until I moved down south in 2011. The earliest Bills game I can remember going to was in 1997, week 4 against the Colts. Bills trailed 26-0 in the 2nd quarter and went on a 37-3 run to come back and win it. A lot of good memories in that stadium. The worst one HAS to be MNF against Dallas in '07. But even that's tough to say that that was the worst. That was probably the most fun I've ever had at a Bills game for about the first 58 minutes... and then the choke began. There was a SNF drubbing against the Pats that year, too. Randy Moss had 4 TDs in the first half, if I recall.

Bills games are like my holy Mecca. There’s no better place in the world for me. You’re among 70,000 of your people. Your experiences will differ obviously but all the time and money we’ve invested is about to pay off. Which is why it ***** sucks so bad that we are not even allowed in the building, or the ***** parking lots. If you’ve never been, especially if you’re local, get your ass to a game as soon as it’s allowed by law

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My worst game might be against the Jets in 1989 it ranks as the 5th coldest game in Bills history.

They won in a landslide though.

My 78 Impala winter beaters heat was not working so we froze going there and back home.

While digging out my seat some woman comes up behind me and gets showered in snow then yells at me " what are you a Canadian Beaver" I relied NO but I like to eat it..... she wasn't impressed ;) 

The real worst part is I was at 7 of the 10 ;) 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/the-top-10-coldest-games-in-bills-history-5087866

5. Dec. 23rd 1989 – at N.Y. Jets, 16 degrees, wind chill of minus-11The Bills felt right at home in the blustery Meadowlands as Buffalo's offense had it in cruise control and the defense had the hapless Jets stymied from start to finish.

Buffalo's defense held the Jets to just 54 yards rushing with Cornelius Bennett and Bruce Smith both logging a pair of sacks. Bennett also had an interception.

Fullback Larry Kinnebrew had a big day with 91 yards rushing and a touchdown, with Thurman Thomas and Kenny Davis combining for another 106 rushing yards and two scores en route to a 37-0 whitewash of the Jets.

With the win Buffalo clinched the AFC East title.

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

favorite home game - my first game ever 1970 home opener versus Cowboys (Craig Morton, Walt Garrison) at the old War Memorial Stadium - quite a high-scoring game and OJ scored right in front of me; Tony Greene debut, smallest player ever to wear an NFL uniform I believe...

I was there. We used to pick one game a year to back before the family got season seats and the Dallas game was it. As a kid, I thought Bob Hayes was a cool...fastest human on the planet.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I was there. We used to pick one game a year, back before the family got season seats and the Dallas game was it. As a kid, I thought Bob Hayes was a cool...fastest human on the planet.

• Like (+1) 1

For games I’ve attended:

Best — The Comeback

Runner-Up — ‘90 AFC Championship

3rd place — 3 TDs in a minute vs. Denver (‘90)

Worst — Wild Card vs. Jacksonville (1st and only Bills’ playoff loss at home)

Runner-Up — Saints in 2017

• Like (+1) 1