Marcell Dareus is in Buffalo and posted a picture of himself getting a manicure at a Hamburg nail salon

Fingon

4 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Seriously, you all need to read this...to call Marcell Dareus lazy is just flabbergastingly misinformed. He's the literal definition of the process.

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201104/marcell-dareus-alabama-crimson-tide-defensive-tackle-nfl-draft#:~:text=Dareus' father%2C Jules%2C passed,were hard to come by.

I think Dareus is an example of a player being in the wrong situation. He had some ****head moments on his rookie deal from 2011 to 2014 but he was for the most part not a "lazy" player. But in 2015 he got a huge contract extension (justified by his 2013 Pro-Bowl and 2014 All-Pro years) and Rex was brought in, it also didn't help that Mario Williams was a bad influence all at the same time. By 2017 when McD got here Dareus had developed a bad reputation and habits along with having a hefty contract that insulated him from being cut. I don't see a Buffalo reunion happening with Dareus. 

I wouldn't hate it if McD feels like it can work (I would trust his judgement) but I feel that with how things went down in 2017 it just isn't going to work. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

No, just a high talker, or is it low talker.  That show is classic.  Thanks for playing along.

Just restarted Seinfeld from S1E1 on Hulu last week. Already on season 5. So much classic material.

And it's funny to see how much cross over there is with both Comedians in Cars and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Jerry still has his car and coffee shop conversation scenes, and Larry has all his George screwing up scenes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Dawkins, you’ll love when they get to the Steinbrenner clips.  Freakin hilarious,  or sponge worthy of that’s ok to write on the board.  A kitchen sponge of course.

Just watched "The Opposite" last night. Love him telling off Steinbrenner and landing the job. Bonus points for Larry David playing Steinbrenner.

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Dareus is an example of a player being in the wrong situation. He had some ****head moments on his rookie deal from 2011 to 2014 but he was for the most part not a "lazy" player. But in 2015 he got a huge contract extension (justified by his 2013 Pro-Bowl and 2014 All-Pro years) and Rex was brought in, it also didn't help that Mario Williams was a bad influence all at the same time. By 2017 when McD got here Dareus had developed a bad reputation and habits along with having a hefty contract that insulated him from being cut. I don't see a Buffalo reunion happening with Dareus. 

I wouldn't hate it if McD feels like it can work (I would trust his judgement) but I feel that with how things went down in 2017 it just isn't going to work. 

That's the difference between the way Saban runs his organization, and the structure it gives guys like Marcel, and props them up to succeed... versus the absolute shitshow that was Ralph & Russ's Bills, and how it allowed players to get sloppy and run amuck.

Thankfully the Pegula's consultants found McD for them, and he's bringing that structure to the franchise.

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Just restarted Seinfeld from S1E1 on Hulu last week. Already on season 5. So much classic material.

And it's funny to see how much cross over there is with both Comedians in Cars and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Jerry still has his car and coffee shop conversation scenes, and Larry has all his George screwing up scenes.

Seinfeld used to be my favorite sitcom and have seen every episode about 20 times.  But I got burned out.  My new favorite sitcom reruns is The Office or Modern Family.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Seinfeld used to be my favorite sitcom and have seen every episode about 20 times.  But I got burned out.  My new favorite sitcom reruns is The Office or Modern Family.

I hear ya, when you've grown up on it like we have, it's easy to burn out. I had been off Seinfeld for a while before deciding to go back, and had been on The Office and It's Always Sunny. Those 3 are my standard go-tos. Maybe throw in a little Parks & Rec or 30 Rock too if I'm feeling adventurous.

Not sure what I'm going to do once Netflix loses The Office.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think the early UFC proved the grappling is the best (wrestling or BJJ) because it was style on style.  Now everything is mixed martial arts.

James Toney thought he could knock out a grappler and Couture subbed him with an arm triangle I think in 2 minutes.  

If a grappler can manage the distance and times his take down well....fight is over.

But yes, in a more than 1 on 1 situation, you don't want to go to the ground.  If it is one on one, grappling is the best because you can literally control your opponent.

I don't box as much now, I'm more focused on BJJ now.  I wanted to learn both because it's the best.

When I sparred with pure boxers, they lit me up.  When we opened it up to take downs, I took them down at will and once I mounted them, they couldn't get me off of them.  Or when they gave me their back, which they did a lot because they don't know ground defense, it was over.

I love boxing but it has a major hole.

That is why everything is mma now. Every discipline buy itself does have some holes

nobody knew how to defend from Jiu-Jitsu in 1993 so it was super effective for Royce or wrestling from Severn. They we're just new styles for brawling

Nobody ever saw a defensive style like that. It was gonna take time to figure out an attack

But Ken Shamrock's shoot fighting style, was able to give Gracie fits in the super fight. His striking and wrestling abilities gave Gracie trouble.  One of the first mma disciplines

he even blasted gracie with an overhand that left him with a massive mouse and leaking

Moral of the story is that being proficient in two disciplines is better than being proficient in one

1 hour ago, Mango said:

“Come to Buffalo and be the best version of yourself”

Isn’t that what this regime has touted?

I am unsure if MD will ever regain his old form. I do have some empathy for his past. That doesn’t mean he should be given a pass for inconsistent commitment and effort. I also don’t think he’s a cancer. He’s a troubled dude that I hope can find his path. Finding that path will be up to his own personal work and whether or not somebody gives him the opportunity to prove it. 

I do think he can be productive in the right environment  at the right price. 1 year, vet minimum or slightly more. He’s of no danger of destroying a locker room. That’s never been his MO. His worst behavior is self destructive. 

Talk to leaders on defense to make sure they buy in.

Give him an incentive based contract post week 1 and have him earn his salary each week.

Include in it penalties for unproductive behaviors including those which give Bills bad reputation.

You will have a player who will make effort or will be gone.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Those are fair comments.

Reality on Dareus is he isnt some incredible superstar to even think about signing him, imo.  

True and for all we know he was just here in Buffalo because he feels that's the best place to have his nails done in the country. 

Or maybe the Bills are talking with him.  Considering they brought 4 DT in the past week, with Star out, they must not be too happy with the play there and feel he may be an upgrade.  If he plays at the level he can play at, it may be and upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1

From what I remember, this is the nicest time of year in Buffalo.  If I could travel, I'd be there to see family and be in town when the Bills play. 

I think Dareus is retired and enjoying his life after football, probably visiting friends on the team and in the community.

But if he's in football shape and is willing to follow the process, he'd be an upgrade over everyone else we've got, at least until Harrison Phillips gets fully healthy.  A one year deal until Star comes back would make sense.

I remember talking with someone from the front office of the Carolina Panthers who talks with Beane weekly and he told me Beane is looking for ways to get rid of Marcel.  I remember he told me that McDermott doesn't tolerate laziness and he was tired of Marcel's lazy practice habits.  He said that will never fly with McDermott and went on to say we have two brilliant men leading the way for the Bills.  He continued to talk about Beane and how he went from a guy basically running errands to the assistant GM in a blink.  He said that Beane was always 2 weeks ahead of everyone else's thought process and it was amazing how he always had a prepared plan in place for everything that may or may not happen.  By the way 8 days later Marcel was traded to the Jags...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Who are you kidding Dawg?  You just like having you’re hands and feet fondled by some pretty young girl.  😇👌👍

Well considering they are rarely pretty young girls, I would have to beg to differ on that one :)  Generally older asian women, besides they use my strength when massaging your calves, feet, arms and hands. 

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

That is the wrestling of the 70s.  Modern wrestling is all about using leverage and hand fighting techniques to insert your thumb into your opponents rectum.  Penetration is a point and two knuckles is a win.

You're a Coach i take it ?  

:D

no to dareus

He was making not to subtle , screw Buffalo gestures on his way out.

getting nails manicured is one thing.( and a questionable  indulgence )

posting it up is telling the world.and  is on another level of questionable
lol

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Yeah, a lot of stereotyping of acceptable male actions going on up in here. Maybe one day I'd get my nails done, but my reason I haven't isn't because it's not manly, it just feels unnecessary (though this endorsement has me reevaluating if it is more than a looks thing, though I do like to walk around barefoot on rough surfaces, and play guitar, so they would need to leave the bottom of the feet and finger calluses alone). I think that about women getting their nails done and makeup too, like stop worrying about what other people think about you. Easy to say as a 6' tall dude with an athletic build, I know, but my dream is we can get to that place as a society one day...

I dont go for the manicured look...having all the dead cuticles removed one your fingers and toes by a professional makes your hands and feet feel so much better.  And on the pedicure, having them scrub layers of dead and dry skin off your feet literally makes it feel like your feet are soft and walking on clouds in comparison.  Kind of like that feeling when you buy a brand new pair of shoes but also wear a brand new pair of socks with them instead of your old scratch worn out ones.  

Plus the added bonus of them massaging your feet, calves, hands, and arms each as a added bonus is pretty awesome.  

Not like I get my nails painted or anything, for like $5 more they just do a shiny buff to them which makes them have a nice shine to them with no polish of any kind.  And let me tell you, women love a well manicured man too.  I get all kinds of compliments when they see my fingers or toes too.  I live beach front, so I am always in flip flops and my feet also take a bit of a beating always walking on sand.  So the treatment is just awesome to do and worth the money and experience.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

Well it's a free country- if a dude wants to go to a ladies salon and have his nails cut, then he is free to do so

I guess if you have the time and money to spend on such things knock yourself out. If I have a free couple of hours on a random day, a nail salon is never going to be on my calendar

Nail clipper works pretty good for me, and has for 5 decades

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont go for the manicured look...having all the dead cuticles removed one your fingers and toes by a professional makes your hands and feet feel so much better.  And on the pedicure, having them scrub layers of dead and dry skin off your feet literally makes it feel like your feet are soft and walking on clouds in comparison.  Kind of like that feeling when you buy a brand new pair of shoes but also wear a brand new pair of socks with them instead of your old scratch worn out ones.  

Plus the added bonus of them massaging your feet, calves, hands, and arms each as a added bonus is pretty awesome.  

Not like I get my nails painted or anything, for like $5 more they just do a shiny buff to them which makes them have a nice shine to them with no polish of any kind.  And let me tell you, women love a well manicured man too.  I get all kinds of compliments when they see my fingers or toes too.  I live beach front, so I am always in flip flops and my feet also take a bit of a beating always walking on sand.  So the treatment is just awesome to do and worth the money and experience.  

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I go to a Chinese massage place and had foot massages done where they soak feet first and then do massage of feet.  I have lots of issues with feet and this definitely helps but it hurts a little for they guys are real strong.  It helps circulation as well as removing dead skin and cuticles.   Have not been back since COVID-19 restrictions started and been meaning to call them.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, purple haze said:

To each his own.  

It's nice he enjoys being in the area and comes goes back to visit.  

Why all the venom?

2 reasons:  Its TSW and the season hasn't started yet.  See venom thread about Tyrod starting another game too.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Grappling is the best fighting style.  All this karate and kung fu is just BS.  

The only striking that's effective is boxing and kickboxing.  

What if a guy doesn't tap after 2 knuckles in?

Three knuckles, and a cash payment? Half off with a coupon, except if it’s a Friday's when it’s complimentary with a free bottle of wine. 

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

From what I remember, this is the nicest time of year in Buffalo.  If I could travel, I'd be there to see family and be in town when the Bills play. 

I think Dareus is retired and enjoying his life after football, probably visiting friends on the team and in the community.

But if he's in football shape and is willing to follow the process, he'd be an upgrade over everyone else we've got, at least until Harrison Phillips gets fully healthy.  A one year deal until Star comes back would make sense.

I think Buffalo has the best Month of July, among the best In the country.  It’s great all through September.  

I don’t see him as a Bill under this regime.