Housch$$ released

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

I feel bad for Hauschka because he was never really the same after getting cheap-shotted, but it was time to move on.

So true. That was such a horrible cheap shot. So uncalled for. Basically ended his career.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Makes sense to get this figured out with some time left in camp. Got to get the rookie as many reps as we can now.

And I'd assume the starting offensive line is close to being set now as well. All the focus is now on getting the starters ready.

Probably the best kicker the Bills have had during the drought era. He struggled a bit last year but was excellent in the playoff game.

Seemed like a really good dude too. Hopefully he catches on somewhere.

This was a great moment..

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Aren’t kickers sort of uniquely exempt from that ?

Gotta be the most interchangeable position in game. 

Solid point. 

As someone else has pointed out, perhaps the advantage is giving the rookie ALL the reps moving forward. 

I still think it helps Hausch to be released sooner rather than later.

Just now, MJS said:

And I'd assume the starting offensive line is close to being set now as well. All the focus is now on getting the starters ready.

On the Bills site talking about one of the practices this week they said they were going into week 1 prep next week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

Probably the best kicker the Bills have had during the drought era. He struggled a bit last year but was excellent in the playoff game.

Was he?

I know it feels that way, since he was the last kicker we had.

But Dan Carpenter had a good run before him, and even Rian Lindell had a decent run. Until they dropped off the shelf, just like Hauschka did.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Rian Lindell?

they better be damn sure bass is the man cause kicking is maybe the second most important position in football.  look at the bears, vikings, titans and others who at times couldn't buy a kicker and lose nailbiting games in the regular season and playoffs.  look at the titans games last year with what 4 missed fgs?  

• Like (+1) 1