Share an Unpopular Bills-Related Opinion

Bills Mafia fan antics at games does nothing to help the image of Bills fans and makes them look stupid.  

Notice I said at games, not accounting for Pancho Villa or Andy Dalton charity drives 

Edited by Another Fan

10 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

The bills will be overconfident in their 10-6 success and not bring in enough talent. They will go 9-7 and miss the playoffs but still give us an exciting year. Meanwhile the Sabres will do the unexpected and make the playoffs, (in 2021) neither one will have been expected because that’s the most buffalo thing to happen to us 

Kids this is my daily reminder don't do drugs :)

9 hours ago, GregPersons said:

The 90s Bills are overrated out of pity, because Buffalo has not fielded another team as competitive since then, and before then the only truly notable player is OJ Simpson, and you can't really sell nostalgia as easily with his clips.

"That's Bills legend and accused double murder suspect OJ Simpson running all of the field" yea that doesn't sound very good ? 

On 3/1/2020 at 5:02 PM, JinxedBill said:

The Bills will always lose to the higher market team until the sales of merchandise/ viewership meets a respectable market share because the playoffs are influenced by NFL/officials for favorable outcomes to match profitable teams in prime time matchups.

Hopefully this past year put the Bills on the list.

agreed 

There are only two types of people on this board. Those that KNOW Josh Allen is already a franchise QB and destined for the HOF and those that KNOW that Josh Allen is a bust and the sooner they get rid of him the better off for all parties involved.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Their out of division / conference record was better than division record (if I remember what I saw correctly)

Controversial/ unpopular opinion: 

If the Bills had Marino instead of Kelly, we win at least two superbowls. 

I think if the Bills had Marino instead of Kelly, they might not have made it to 4 SB’s. Dan was far-from-clutch in big games.

Now, as much as I hate to say it, if the Bills had that POS Shula instead of Levy, they might’ve won 2 SB’s. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GregPersons said:

The 90s Bills are overrated out of pity, because Buffalo has not fielded another team as competitive since then, and before then the only truly notable player is OJ Simpson, and you can't really sell nostalgia as easily with his clips.

Compared to the Dolphins/HOF Marino who never made it past Buffalo in the playoffs? HOF Elway/Broncos during that same stretch? Compared to the rest of the AFC all time which has never duplicated 4 straight AFC championships? Just asking for a friend :D

23 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Their out of division / conference record was better than division record (if I remember what I saw correctly)

Controversial/ unpopular opinion: 

If the Bills had Marino instead of Kelly, we win at least two superbowls. 

The ‘84 Dolphins squad would like a word with you. :flirt:

Not saying Marino wasn’t phenomenal, because no doubt he was, but he had his chances also, before/after Kelly’s AFC dominance. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I was going to post the exact same thing.  Love Jimbo, but Marino with the Bills weapons would have been incredible.

Clayton/Duper were outstanding in Marino’s O—and the Phins were always well coached, arguably better than what the Bills staff had—including at HC. 

22 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I was going to post the exact same thing.  Love Jimbo, but Marino with the Bills weapons would have been incredible.

49 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Clayton/Duper were outstanding in Marino’s O—and the Phins were always well coached, arguably better than what the Bills staff had—including at HC. 

Yeah, we got to keep in mind, though, that it wasn't just Kelly's arm that was the no huddle.  It was his play calling.

Marino is a Hall of Famer and an  all-time great.  However, in all his years in Miami they never turned the offense over to him the way the Bills did with Kelly.  The No Huddle worked because of Kelly.  He wasn't just a cog.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Halloween Land said:

Doug Whaley was actual a great GM. 

I'd to agree and expound. I love Brandon Beane, and do think he was an upgrade. We took a clear step backwards last year for the long term. I think if we kept Tyrod and the status qo, we have another 8-9 win season, and possibly back our way into the playoffs again. 

That said, I think Doug Whaley was under the pressure to "win now," and wasn't allowed to take that necessary step back year to help build us for the long term. I think he was on a short leash, and wasn't given the freedom that Beane has. Hence the reach for players like Sammy and EJ.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Players on the opposing team will make plays despite our guys being in position and doing everything correctly. It doesn't mean the player who got beat sucks or can't hang. Doesn't mean the coaches called the wrong play or didn't prepare them enough. Sometimes on this board you'd think people's expectations are, "Must be 100% perfect, zero flaws!" because at times I'll see silly comments like, "Yeah, Tre' had a good game, two picks, one of 'em a pick-six, and a forced fumble... but, he allowed a 24 yard reception! Pff, I mean, can we get some guys here who can actually cover?! Do better, OBD!"

Edited by blacklabel

SDS does a terrible job here at this Bills' site, and he wouldn't know a Buffalo Bill even if one former Bill Hall of Famer threatened to cut off his dome out in California.

...oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was the Super-Duper Unpopular Bills-Related Opinion.

:lol:

Just kidding, SDS.  Love ya always! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

London Fletcher was a really good linebacker. Poz was a good linebacker.  The common refrain of "only makes tackles 5 years downfield!" is for idiots.

Agree on Fletcher.  Disagree about Poz, would say he was only an average NFL caliber linebacker.  Certainly never lived up to his draft hype.  Fletcher was awesome though

On 3/1/2020 at 2:11 PM, BuffaloBillies said:

I don't love Harrison Philips nearly as much as others do. I think he hurts our defense this year. 

I honestly think it is too soon to determine one way or another on this......he was "ok" in year one and thought he came into year 2 much more productive......but then he got hurt......

As far as "hurting" our defense......not likely as he is in a rotation

The old uniforms are much better then the new uniforms

44 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Hardcore,  defend everything about the 2000s Bills, have an excuse why it wasn't really this guys fault, are some of the dumbest SOBs I ever encountered about football.

:worthy::beer:

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'd to agree and expound. I love Brandon Beane, and do think he was an upgrade. We took a clear step backwards last year for the long term. I think if we kept Tyrod and the status qo, we have another 8-9 win season, and possibly back our way into the playoffs again. 

That said, I think Doug Whaley was under the pressure to "win now," and wasn't allowed to take that necessary step back year to help build us for the long term. I think he was on a short leash, and wasn't given the freedom that Beane has. Hence the reach for players like Sammy and EJ.

I realize this is an opinion thread, but I have a hard time agreeing that Whaley was under pressure to "win now".  EJ was drafted in 2013, Sammy was drafted in 2014, and Whaley wasn't fired until after the 2016 season.  That's 4 full years.  Whaley was the last person to benefit from Ralph's "next guy in the building's turn to play NFL GM" policy, and gained some extra time due to the new owners' inexperience.  The day he was let go was the day I started to billieve again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/5/2020 at 4:24 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Agree on Fletcher.  Disagree about Poz, would say he was only an average NFL caliber linebacker.  Certainly never lived up to his draft hype.  Fletcher was awesome though

I mean he was a day 2 pick. 

to play 11 years as a starter and notch a pro bowl lends itself to being average to a little above. But as a pick in the 30s that’s a pretty solid career