Share an Unpopular Bills-Related Opinion

13 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Hey I went to some of those UB games it was pretty nippy some days.   

I love Tyree . I've seen every snap of his career ,had seasons since 99

IMHO Tyree wasn't even the best QB on UBs roster. Drew Anderson who came in when TJ3 got hurt absolutely balled for like 4 games. Threw for 700 yards in a game.. 7tds

Throws a much better football than TJ3 but also got hurt and went to Murray St for 1 year

I said that year that I like both but Drew Anderson was better and had a NFL chance

He is in the league with the Cardinals

Edited by Buffalo716

9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’ve seen these threads on Reddit and thought this might be a fun thread.

I have one - I feel that One Bills Live is an underrated show, as is John Murphy.  Yes it’s clear they are employed by the team and it obviously effects what they say.  

But overall the guests they get are stellar.  I think Murph does a good job and Tasker is not bad either - some Bills fans go way overboard on the criticism.  He’s way better than Donald Jones.  

I love to hear other opinions you might have that might not be as popular with fellow Bills fans

John Murphy is one of the worst interviewers I've ever heard.

He almost never listens to his guests or ask follow-up questions.  So his interviews never go deeper than an initial, superficial question, and he never gets into any really interesting conversations.

I always assumed he was working on his next question after asking the previous one, hence the lack of the follow-up.

He just runs down a list of questions asking each in order. 

8 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

If Marv Levy ran a tighter ship Buffalo might have won a few Superbowls

I don't think this is unpopular!  Or rare among Bills fans, for that matter!

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The Buffalo Bills have hands down the worst fans in the league 

please don’t kill me.... ?

Absolutely nothing controversial about that.

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

It’s time to retire the Shout song.

Nothing controversial about that either.

Mine: Jim Kelly is the most overrated qb in NFL history.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 2

My unpopular opinion... and it is as unpopular now as it was when he was here - Stephon Gilmore was really good as a Bill.

On the current roster / makeup of the team it would be that the offensive talent and execution is a much bigger problem than the offensive coaching.

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

O.J. Simpson was found not guilty by jury of his peers for the murder of his wife and her waiter buddy, and was later railroaded by an unfair Nevada justice system and sentenced unfairly as first time criminal offender.

OJ Simpson murdered his ex wife and her waiter buddy and used his money and celebrity status to influence the trial in his favor.  But legally he is not guilty and a free man.

Agree that that  OJ's later sentence in Nevada was excessive

Ralph was in it for the money and didn't care about winning. The glory years were a divine accident.

the Buffalo market cannot support a modern stadium so the Stan Kroenkes and Jerry Joneses of the world will force a relocation

the Patriots are successful because they work harder at building a winning culture than everyone else. This includes studying game film for "tells" from the sideline and recording and analyzing snap counts. This is called industrial espionage - a fact of everyday corporate life and certainly not criminal. If it happens on the field of play, including the sideline, it is fair game for recording. The rest of the NFL is either Mom and Pop franchises that are just happy to have a team or ego maniacs like Jerrah Jones and Danny Snyder playing real life fantasy football. All the cheating in the world doesn't explain why Tom Brady finished games with a clean jersey from going untouched.

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

the Patriots are successful because they work harder at building a winning culture than everyone else. This includes studying game film for "tells" from the sideline and recording and analyzing snap counts. This is called industrial espionage - a fact of everyday corporate life and certainly not criminal. If it happens on the field of play, including the sideline, it is fair game for recording. The rest of the NFL is either Mom and Pop franchises that are just happy to have a team or ego maniacs like Jerrah Jones and Danny Snyder playing real life fantasy football. All the cheating in the world doesn't explain why Tom Brady finished games with a clean jersey from going untouched.

I largely agree with this. I think there are SOME other well run teams. The Ravens under Biscotti have been well run, the Seahawks under Paul Allen have been well run, the Rooney's have always had a pretty well run franchise in Pittsburgh. But I agree for the most part there are lots of poorly run teams that occasionally have good period of 4 to 5 years because they happen to hit on the right coach / GM.

But the Patriots are out on their own. It isn't just Belichick's ability to study tape it is his innate feel for the game of football. I maintain (another unpopular opinion coming) that when he decided not to call the time out after the Lynch run and just stood there staring at the field and the personnel group Seattle was sending in he had a gut instinct of the play they were going to run and knew he had a package and call to defend it.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I largely agree with this. I think there are SOME other well run teams. The Ravens under Biscotti have been well run, the Seahawks under Paul Allen have been well run, the Rooney's have always had a pretty well run franchise in Pittsburgh. But I agree for the most part there are lots of poorly run teams that occasionally have good period of 4 to 5 years because they happen to hit on the right coach / GM.

But the Patriots are out on their own. It isn't just Belichick's ability to study tape it is his innate feel for the game of football. I maintain (another unpopular opinion coming) that when he decided not to call the time out after the Lynch run and just stood there staring at the field and the personnel group Seattle was sending in he had a gut instinct of the play they were going to run and knew he had a package and call to defend it.

I agree about the Seahawks, Steelers and Ravens. The Giants, Packers and Broncos never seem to be out of contention for long either. I'm comfortable calling BB a genius even if i hate the outcome

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I agree about the Seahawks, Steelers and Ravens. The Giants, Packers and Broncos never seem to be out of contention for long either. I'm comfortable calling BB a genius even if i hate the outcome

True though, the Giants are a tire fire at the moment.

9 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

McGee brought a ton of value as a KR, but I don't think he was a better corner than Winfield.

Like the train of thought though.

I always thought they were the same guy.

Going back a bit further, Thomas Smith was better than all of them and Greer.

That guy would have been a perennial all pro if he didn't have stone hands.

For any of you old timers out there (like me) -- Robert James was a better cornerback than all of them. Too bad his career was derailed by injury far too quickly. You young kids out there can google the early 1970's Bills to figure out who he was.  

• Thank you (+1) 1