Josh Allen: That’s my QB!!

NewEra

He didn’t get the win today, but he gave it his all.  He made more than a couple incredible plays today vs a great D.  

On TD to smoke, I didn’t even celebrate. I just sat there in amazement.  Waiting for a flag.....or maybe just waiting to wake up.  I couldn’t believe he connected on that pass.  Unreal.

The pass to Knox

The pass to beasley

The qb sneak/face mask.

what was your favorite stallion play vs the Pats?

he’s getting better day by day and I’m happy to say, that’s my QB.  I’m not even upset that we lost.  Crazy 

• Like (+1) 20
  • Thank you (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills, not individual players.

I would love for us to move on from Josh Allen as soon as possible.

Really?  Any suggestions?  No?  Just complaining?  Seems par for the course.  CRUSADE!!!

Also, it is highly questionable if you are indeed a fan of the Bills.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The first 29 minutes was about as bad of a quarterbacking performance as I have ever seen.  

The last 31 minutes were as good as any QB has looked against NE this year.  

Started to feel like the coaching staff was more responsible for slowing down Allen than the Patriots were. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Then why is it you only show up when there is something negative to say about the team? They have a good week and you are nowhere to be seen. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The first 29 minutes was about as bad of a quarterbacking performance as I have ever seen.  

Started to feel like the coaching staff was more responsible for slowing down Allen than the Patriots were. 

lol. There were games where Kelly and the offense looked Canadian, Then they would score TD's on their last 3 drives and win by 3. amazing

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He didn’t get the win today, but he gave it his all.  He made more than a couple incredible plays today vs a great D.  

On TD to smoke, I didn’t even celebrate. I just sat there in amazement.  Waiting for a flag.....or maybe just waiting to wake up.  I couldn’t believe he connected on that pass.  Unreal.

The pass to Knox

The pass to beasley

The qb sneak/face mask.

what was your favorite stallion play vs the Pats?

he’s getting better day by day and I’m happy to say, that’s my QB.  I’m not even upset that we lost.  Crazy 

Because of everything you just said I think McD is misusing him. I think we are a better team if we let him be himself, be a playmaker, make more mistakes but more plays. That's who he is and he's a stud. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

You know why Dave said that....bc he and so many others recognize he has that "it" factor and he's just plain fun to watch.  

Unless of course you expect every throw to be made and everything to be easy.  Not taking into consideration that he's still a "raw" prospect and how truly limited we are at the skill positions. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think he has the highest qbr in the NFL in the 2nd half of games? He's not going anywhere,  nor should he. His progression is continuing upward. He still has no #1 wr, no #1 te, no #1 rb. And an inconsistent OC. Next year is when he shines bright.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

The kid is so inconsistent.  Makes amazing throws (and runs) but then misses those easy ones.  Not sure he will ever reach that franchise level-Brady, Brees, Wilson, etc. I hope so.    

It's almost like he is Dawson Knox, a guy with potential who needs reps and experience 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Lmao you aren't a Bills fan at all. BTW, Josh Allen is BUFFALO! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

for some reason the kid just keeps throwing high/long out the gate and then starts to settle in later in the game.

hes making really good decisions but he would be so much more effective if the throws to his one on ones down the field were underthrown instead of over. under, the reciever has a chance at a catch and a really good chance to get a pi when the reciever stops short and the trailer runs smack into him.  in a one on one the reciever can play corner and knock it out if need be and if its a int it prob just a punt as long as theres no return. he seems to think he needs a perfect over the shoulder like the knox play! john brown showed him a few times in the strelers game, you give me a chane ill get it for you or protect it from the int. zay really messed him up in the. first pats meeting.

the midrange lasers are his bread and butter. if he can adjust the deep ones in those situations we would be dangerous. that knox overthrow in the end zone was pretty wide open. we have to hit those.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

110% ITS ALL THE COACHING 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

110% ITS ALL THE COACHING 

is it though? Hey I am not a fan of the coaching strategy when the Bills get a lead either, but the coaches aren’t responsible for Allen missing on those throws early in the game. I think Allen himself would tell you that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

is it though? Hey I am not a fan of the coaching strategy when the Bills get a lead either, but the coaches aren’t responsible for Allen missing on those throws early in the game. I think Allen himself would tell you that.

Bro every QB misses their share of plays throws and opportunities... McDermott plays wayyyy to conservative which tends to work about half the time -- more so against weaker opponents.

I started with Jack, but don't really remember him.  Dennis I recall - handing the ball off.  Joe I loved - he actually knew what a wide receiver was.  Then there was Jim.  No one has replaced Jim, although Doug had his moments.  Then a bunch of nothing.  Drew flattered to deceive.  JP and Trentative, please.  I liked Ryan only because he was so Buffalo, the guy we wanted to love if only he had an arm.  EJ is a nice person by the way.  I had hope for Tyrod, until the Houston game.  I wanted Sam.  I would have taken Lamar late.  I did not want Josh Allen. 

I love Josh Allen. 

Have faith my brothers and sisters.  Sure he is inaccurate.  Sure he needs to improve his reads.  But if you have learned nothing over these last two years, know this - he has Kelly in his veins. 

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Bro every QB misses their share of plays throws and opportunities... McDermott plays wayyyy to conservative which tends to work about half the time -- more so against weaker opponents.

You can't play conservative against the better teams. At 17-13 we had an opportunity to attack and instead he put this offense in fetal position. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

sure McDermott does get conservative I already agreed with you. You can’t say it’s all coaching and then dismiss and explain away the obvious fact that he missed several open throws tonight (again) with “every QB misses throws bro”. That’s dishonest. Allen misses many. Many more than certain other QBs in the league. WHICH IS FINE. He’s continuing to improve. But don’t scapegoat the coaches as the cause of all his troubles. That’s all. I am excited to see what he does in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I am a Buffalo Bills fan not a player fan as well, and as part of that I like to see the Bills draft players and let them develop. Josh has CLEARLY gotten better.  You may be unhappy that he threw for barely 200 yards .. but then again the Patriots have held teams to under in all but 6 of their games so far .. both Bills games + 4 others. This was just the 2nd game the Pats D did not get a turnover (they are averaging over 2 takeaways per game,  Did he miss some he should have had .. sure, but we scored the fourth most points against the Pats in a game this year and if they had only been up by 3 we would have tied it. Do you seriously want to go into the free agent pool  - the best player in the last decade that has come via that route is likely Cousins .. and there is not much otherwise .. or the draft hoping to find someone better than Allen (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield ). Not trying to be confrontational .. but you need to let a quarterback develop.

I do not think the following is bad for 2nd year stats:

Cmp Att   Cmp%  Yds    TDs  Int       Yds/G   sck   sck Yds    GW Drive    4Q Comeback

318  522 60.9      3303   19       24             206.4       30    199                3                  3

Now you may notice that while these numbers are similar to Josh's , they are not his... this person had 300 more yards than Josh (but includes a 16th game, had one less TD than Josh and a ton more interceptions, and less yards rushing. He also has a bust in the HOF .. not saying Josh will or will not be better than Brett Favre .. but to say we need to get rid of him is premature and likely the best way to kill the momentum that is building.

Edited by CorkScrewHill

The decision making by Allen has improved dramatically since the first Pats game.  He has 23 TD's (throwing and running combined) and 3 INT's since that game.  He's starting to throw a more accurate deep ball.  His consistency is still a problem though as it cost him two TD passes (one potential game tying one) and a couple first downs.  We may have to learn to accept the fact that they'll be a few wtf throws each game.  He continues to trend upwards though and we need to upgrade the o-line and give him at least one major weapon across from Brown.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

A lot of people don't understand how much commitment and patience it takes to develop a QB.  Brady, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Brees, and the list goes on with Hall of fame QBs that don't come in throwing all over the field. The team around them was a big factor. Basically early on they were game managers that evolved into QBs that threw 30+ TD's and 4000 yards. Some won right away but so does Allen. Can't wait to see Allen in the playoffs. The light could go on at any moment. It's also possible it never comes on, but all I know is it won't happen without commitment and patience.

For people that get mad because some people criticize Allen. I can only speak for myself, I'm critical because my expectations are extremely high. Allen is the best young QB we've had in a long time but he has a long way to go. I'm going to enjoy this ride, and I expect it to be a rollercoaster.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

I think most QBs would have laid an egg in Josh’s situation today. Our running game brought nothing to the table. We don’t have great weapons in the receiving game. Josh made many perfect throws and some throws that possibly only Mahomes can make. This team lost to Philly and Cleveland earlier in the year. We’re trending upward. The Patriots were celebrating in a way that came across like they beat a team they weren’t supposed to.

9 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I think most QBs would have laid an egg in Josh’s situation today. Our running game brought nothing to the table. We don’t have great weapons in the receiving game. Josh made many perfect throws and some throws that possibly only Mahomes can make. This team lost to Philly and Cleveland earlier in the year. We’re trending upward. The Patriots were celebrating in a way that came across like they beat a team they weren’t supposed to.

I think they realise the cakewalk is over.

They better bring it every time they play the Bills from now on.

• Like (+1) 1