Cole Beasley and drops

steven50

Starting to be a concern for me. He had 1 or 2 last week. 1 for sure drop this week and the interception seemed to bounce off his hands so that might make 6 or 7 on the year. Not sure but I dont think I saw him on the field after the interception. Did anyone notice if they benched him or restrict his playing time after that?

Edited by steven50
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, steven50 said:

Starting to be a concern for me. He had 1 or 2 last week. 1 for sure drop this week and the interception seemed to bounce of his hands so that might make 6 or 7 on the year. Not sure but I dont think I saw him on the field after the interception. Did anyone notice if they benched him or restrict his playing time after that?

they did not bench or restrict his snaps in any way, from what I saw.

I was and am super excited to have him on the team. His play has been a little concerning, they’re asking him to do some stuff he didn’t really do in Dallas, but... That’s what he wanted and why he came here. He is not capitalizing on his opportunity for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Starting to be a concern for me. He had 1 or 2 last week. 1 for sure drop this week and the interception seemed to bounce off his hands so that might make 6 or 7 on the year. Not sure but I dont think I saw him on the field after the interception. Did anyone notice if they benched him or restrict his playing time after that?

Interception was 50 50 Beasley and allen. Beasely cant help that he is short

• Awesome! (+1) 1

He had a bad game and I put maybe 60% of the blame on him on that pick.  He was open though and it would've been a big gain if Allen is more accurate with that pass.  He's more effective when Allen is in the shotgun and we spread them out.  Couldn't really do that against this defense though.

18 minutes ago, steven50 said:

The INT did bounce off his hands but to be fair to him, he went up for it.  Allen needs to make a better throw.

But Beas did drop one he should have had.  To be fair again, Allen went right back to him and he hauled it in.

No, he was playing.

8 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

The receivers don’t really help Josh out. If the ball is not perfect, it’s a drop. 

Sometimes that's true, and sometimes it's the "money" throws that they drop and then haul in the tough ones.

21 minutes ago, steven50 said:

I think that from what they have said about Beasley being a competitive guy he will be working overtime to try to make sure he gets the next ones.

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He had a bad game and I put maybe 60% of the blame on him on that pick.  He was open though and it would've been a big gain if Allen is more accurate with that pass.  He's more effective when Allen is in the shotgun and we spread them out.  Couldn't really do that against this defense though.

I think he had another drop on a big third down throw.

• Like (+1) 1

The drops are clearly a problem for this offense. I thought Allen was fairly locked in early, and Beasley carries some blame in ending two first half drives. That's at least two interceptions we can pin on #10 this season. He's a small guy who probably has relatively small hands for an NFL receiver. That's been an issue. Gotta have those plays.

As the broadcast illustrated for us with an info-graphic, Bills starting wide receivers are short. And my observation has been that they, outside of Brown (WHO ALSO HAD ALLIGATOR ARMS ON A BIG PLAY EARLY IN THE GAME), don't make difficult or contested catches with enough frequency. Not every pass will be perfect, no matter who the QB is. But "complete" receivers will more often win (or at least play effective defense) on a big time 50/50 ball where his QB puts it up and gives him an opportunity. Smoke has made a few such catches this season. Little guys like Hill in K.C. can do it. But imagine having a big, long boundary receiver who specializes in high-pointing the ball...it's why some fans are so obsessed with Duke Williams. We lack that facet of our passing attack. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Except for Brown. He's had good hands almost all the time.

Hands are pretty good for the most part just too bad he didn't run a better post route vs Baltimore.  Still glad both are on the Bills...huge upgrade over what the Bills had last year at WR.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, steven50 said:

Not sure but if it was Duke that pass would have been caught if for nothing else because he is taller, that being said for what Mckenzie did (which all's i saw him do was block) Duke would be much better on the field than on the bench !! In so many ways !! 

10 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Interception was 50 50 Beasley and allen. Beasely cant help that he is short

Yes, and a really high hard throw is not easily handled. I was pissed a couple time with the Bea's last night but replays showed touch and ball placement on the throw was more the issue.