Patriots presser - Belichick

Hebert19

Why is it genius to know the names of starting players of the team you're going to play.  I've never seen a word so mis-used when it comes to this miserable prick.

Edited by stevewin

On defense, the Bills are designed to make the other team string together multiple first downs to score.  The Pats usually have no problem doing this although occasionally they have an off day and fail to execute.  Let’s hope for that.

When the Bills have the ball, I expect BB to bring everyone to the line standing up, to limit Allen’s pre-snap reads.  Then I’d expect a lot of dropping eight into coverage, possibly with a spy to Allen’s right side to prevent the drift/scramble.  Allen is going to have to throw anticipatory passes into tight windows - his weakness to date.  

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I listened to the entire thing.  One thing that struck me is that the level of inquiry from the Press Corps was quite high.  I had to wonder if BB had beaten that into them over the years so that they know they should have intelligent on point football questions to ask.  

I also translated his responses and synthesized it came out as this "We want to beat them 44-3 and totally demoralize them for the remainder of this season.  I want to get in the QB's head and humiliate him so he understands he will never beat a team that I coach".   That is not verbatim but an approximation of what that Coach said at that PC. 

They are literally all begging for table scraps from him. And if he throws them a bone they feel great. If he gives them a raised eyebrow they drop to the fetal position. He's got them trained and whipped into shape.

Their life achievement would be if Bill replied and said "Good question...".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

I would like to see his next presser after we give them a good drubbing this Sunday.  Yea, that would be sweet.  I wonder if he'd be so complimentary?

He was pretty complimentary post game back in 2011. Particularly of Fred Jackson , iirc.

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

If I could pick anyone in the NFL to meet other than Bills, it would be Bill. I’m just fascinated by this guy. I know most people hate his press conferences, I love them. I think he’s so unentertaining and monotone that he is entertaining. 

Since I dislike most sports media/reporters, I find Bill's lack of enthusiasm when dealing with them entertaining.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I listened to the entire thing.  One thing that struck me is that the level of inquiry from the Press Corps was quite high.  I had to wonder if BB had beaten that into them over the years so that they know they should have intelligent on point football questions to ask.  

I also translated his responses and synthesized it came out as this "We want to beat them 44-3 and totally demoralize them for the remainder of this season.  I want to get in the QB's head and humiliate him so he understands he will never beat a team that I coach".   That is not verbatim but an approximation of what that Coach said at that PC. 

Pretty much

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Someone kidnapped Belichick and replaced him with this guy.

Sounds like Belichick to me. He is always talking up the opponent. Doesn't matter who it is. I'm sure he was talking about how tough it would be to face Luke Falk.

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

Why is it genius to know the names of starting players of the team you're going to play.  I've never seen a word so mis-used when it comes to this miserable prick.

Well, by comparison, Sean DOESN'T know most of the players on the team he’ll be coaching against on any week.

Call him Evil Genius. Call him a cheater. I wish we called him our Coach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Simply put, The guy is brilliant. Also impressed with how they run their pressers. One person decides who asks the next question. No talking over anybody else like the amateur way we do pressers. Every voice is clear and Bill obviously demands intelligent, well thought out questions. No “ums..ers ..” repeating or trying to figure out what you really want to ask -which is so prevalent in our pressers. Night & Day. Professional and Not!

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

If I could pick anyone in the NFL to meet other than Bills, it would be Bill. I’m just fascinated by this guy. I know most people hate his press conferences, I love them. I think he’s so unentertaining and monotone that he is entertaining. 

I've always felt this way about him and his pressers.  He is so knowledgeable and prepared.  It's why he's the greatest coach in the history of the game.  He's definitely up there on my, "if you could have a beer with," list.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I hate the Patriots with a passion.  Having said that I love belichick's pressers.  This one in particular is more complimentary than he normally is (towards us) and he is more talkative than normal.  

What I take away from this is despite his aloof nature this man is a genius.  Watch this and you get am understanding of how much he knows about the bills.   It's actually quite crazy.  Knows all the names, all the specifics  about the defense.  Dude doesn't miss anything which is why he is such a good coach.  Attention to detail.  

On the Bills side...he respects McDermott  you can tell and he's most concerned about the secondary.   In general it's not the same old, "oh ya he's a good player next" ...he isn't glossing over this roster.  

He's not a genius...he's a great football coach

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I hate the Patriots with a passion.  Having said that I love belichick's pressers.  This one in particular is more complimentary than he normally is (towards us) and he is more talkative than normal.  

What I take away from this is despite his aloof nature this man is a genius.  Watch this and you get am understanding of how much he knows about the bills.   It's actually quite crazy.  Knows all the names, all the specifics  about the defense.  Dude doesn't miss anything which is why he is such a good coach.  Attention to detail.  

On the Bills side...he respects McDermott  you can tell and he's most concerned about the secondary.   In general it's not the same old, "oh ya he's a good player next" ...he isn't glossing over this roster.  

He just two days or so ago got his unit smacked for punking a female reporter, so he is now on his best behavior. 

Such a well behaved press corps. Bill obviously inspires reverential fear and respect in NE. Or maybe he just uses a red hot crowbar behind the scenes with a little liniment to rub in the places that burn. Wish someone had asked him about AB, just to see deadpan turn into death stare again.

He's a great coach and football mind. Looking forward to seeing exactly what Daboll does in the way of a gameplan and play calls to counter what the evil genius has in store to take advantage of a young QB and developing offence. Bills O has so far been very inconsistent, never achieving anything close to 60 minutes of good football, but it's really been quite effective for sustained parts of games. Sunday's game, against a top D, would be a great place to take it to the next level.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I’m absolutely positive he demands this from reporters. Such a stark contrast from the crapshow that is McDermott’s pressers. Even Carruci -with all his years covering the NFL never seems to know exactly what he’s asking-figuring it out on the fly. They appoint one person to chose who asks the next question, allowing microphones to capture every word. The questions are well thought out and articulated well. Professional. Bills? Not so much..

I feel like BB knows this team better than some of the Bills fans and posters.  

Guy does his homework... damn.  

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m absolutely positive he demands this from reporters. Such a stark contrast from the crapshow that is McDermott’s pressers. Even Carruci -with all his years covering the NFL never seems to know exactly what he’s asking-figuring it out on the fly. They appoint one person to chose who asks the next question, allowing microphones to capture every word. The questions are well thought out and articulated well. Professional. Bills? Not so much..

John Warrow's questions can get a little bit "out there". 

Not only that, his delivery is awful.  It takes him 50 seconds stumbling over his own words to ask a yes or no question. 

His articles are okay, but his interviewing leaves a lot to be desired.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Simply put, The guy is brilliant. Also impressed with how they run their pressers. One person decides who asks the next question. No talking over anybody else like the amateur way we do pressers. Every voice is clear and Bill obviously demands intelligent, well thought out questions. No “ums..ers ..” repeating or trying to figure out what you really want to ask -which is so prevalent in our pressers. Night & Day. Professional and Not!

Agreed. I was blown away that I could clearly hear the reporters question.

Im so used to only hearing our coaches answers and then have to work backwards to guess what the question was based off his answer 

• Like (+1) 1

If the questions stay based around the game, he has no problem answering. It's when questions about outside distractions start getting asked that he gets grumpy. I forget who the reporter was but she asked about AB and he just stared daggers at her. Most reporters were peeved with this because they felt she had done her job and had no choice but to ask considering how big of a story the AB crap has been. He can just say "no comment" instead of trying to Jedi mind-slap her or whatever he was doing.

But yeah, keep it about football and he'll talk. I've seen him go on for five straight minutes about the intricacies of the punting game and how lacrosse influences football, etc. etc. Super intelligent guy. Would definitely be a cool experience to talk football with him. He's funny too, you don't see it a lot but I recall a clip I saw from quite a few years back when Welker was still playing for them and Belichick says, "This kid is gonna take the returner job from you." Welker's career was winding down by then so he probably wanted to focus solely on playing WR, so he says, "Pff, dude can have it." Belichick just kinda shakes his head and says, "Way to compete, Wes!"

That said, I do think he's a guy that has no problem not just pushing the envelope but burning the whole thing when it comes to finding creative ways to skirt the rules and gain a competitive advantage. 

19 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Watch this and you get am understanding of how much he knows about the bills.   It's actually quite crazy.  Knows all the names, all the specifics  about the defense.

I thought he didn't follow the other teams.

18 hours ago, ganesh said:

28 points against a Defense that not let a TD in 4 straight games now (since SuperBowl) is going to be unrealistic.   The defense needs to keep Brady under 15 points

Agreed, maybe 20 TOPS.

And/or DST points for us!

Edited by Manther

Not a big fan of some of Bill B's past BS. To include the Hernandez situation early on. 

However, In the modern area of football. He surpasses  even Bill walsh in his heyday.

one could probably have supported him more. Had he been the Bills hc for the past 20 years.

In the end when Brady finally retires, and if BB stays on. Can he plug and play quickly his replacement? 

I would not be surprised if that prick could.

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we might be able to keep NE to 24 or something like that, but I'd be shocked if we can score 28.  

In fact, I feel like there is no way we can do that, and that's why I predicted a loss in the prediction thread.

BB is going to frustrate Josh and I am predicting him to have by far his worst game of the season, so far.

BB is going to TRY to frustrate the Bills.

and that is the key to the game.Esp our Offense. Josh and Daboll both.
 think our line can help us here if the refs do not do what they do when they do Pats games.
punch them in the face up front all day, even if you have to rotate guys on the front four+TEs. ALL DAY. and grind the yards. dink and dunk and run.

I hate to admit i respect Rain Man.
The rest of the program, Brady and the Ernie stuff i loathe.

i am looking for a fun game sunday. We all should.

Go Bills !

21 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I slipped into a coma 1:20 in. I miss anything?

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thing is- and I know to many journalism and broadcasting is important- for me not so much. I just want to win on Sundays and win the big one- SOON