Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

2 is multiple + Ill advised throws, turnovers, and penalties have all stalled drives and left points on the board

Those are facts for this team at this junction, these are the reasons for my view that we will struggle against the Patriot's.

By that I mean if I am betting money on this game with what I have seen I give the points and take the Pats.

Now from my heart I hope the Bills clean it up and have a game plan that gets the whole NFL talking 

A lot of those little things come from being a young team learning how to play together. Obviously, they need to be cleaned up and we will not beat the Patriots if we're playing against ourselves as well.

That being said, teams pull out miraculous, everything goes perfectly games all the time. The narrative around the Patriots this year is that they're unbeatable.. I think time will tell how good they are, but I'd be happy with us breaking that narrative. 

4 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

Yeah, except that on that first rep he would juke the first guy, stiff arm the second, and then throw a 20 yard laser to John Brown. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I'm listening to Locked on Bills and Joe Marino has a beat writer from the Pats on.  He said he watched the film of the Bills and Bengals game and noticed the Bengals played a lot of max protect.  You won't see that from the Pats, they like to have as many passing options as possible.

So Hughes...you need to tear up Newhouse.  And the others....need to win your match ups.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the pats* depth chart and saw Newhouse was starting. Advantage Hughes in that match up.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I sure do hope Daboll has been sandbagging and trying not to put too much on film...because his playcalling definitely gets dumb with 3rd quarter leads.

I don't think he gets worse in the 3rd quarter; I think opposing teams get better at halftime, having had an entire half to analyze the game dynamic and why things are working well for us.

We have struggled to win the halftime adjustment battle so far this year.

That should continue against NE.

2 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the pats* depth chart and saw Newhouse was starting. Advantage Hughes in that match up.

One would think so, but if the Patriots have done anything over these many years, it's plug and play random players in key spots while keeping the machine running at top RPM.

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

They keep acting like it’s no big deal because he did ok in the second half of Miami and vs jets. Newhouse isn’t even an average starter in the nfl. 

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

A lot of those little things come from being a young team learning how to play together. Obviously, they need to be cleaned up and we will not beat the Patriots if we're playing against ourselves as well.

That being said, teams pull out miraculous, everything goes perfectly games all the time. The narrative around the Patriots this year is that they're unbeatable.. I think time will tell how good they are, but I'd be happy with us breaking that narrative. 

That's what I am hoping for...…. ?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't think he gets worse in the 3rd quarter; I think opposing teams get better at halftime, having had an entire half to analyze the game dynamic and why things are working well for us.

We have struggled to win the halftime adjustment battle so far this year.

That should continue against NE.

One would think so, but if the Patriots have done anything over these many years, it's plug and play random players in key spots while keeping the machine running at top RPM.

I think its not only we arent adjusting, but more importantly, our players are not executing! That is obvious and huge. Penalties, missed throws, missed catches, missed blocks, missed assignments defensively. Those are player execution problems. 

I don't think we have been outcoached, or went into a shell on either side of the ball....our players just have come out flat. And that IS def. concerning. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

I think its not only we arent adjusting, but more importantly, our players are not executing! That is obvious and huge. Penalties, missed throws, missed catches, missed blocks, missed assignments defensively. Those are player execution problems. 

I don't think we have been outcoached, or went into a shell on either side of the ball....our players just have come out flat. And that IS def. concerning. 

Remember McDermott commenting on wanting to play starters for a series in the 3rd quarter of some of the pre-season games?  He said he wanted them to have to go through the right halftime preparation routine knowing they were going to have to play to start the second half.  

So this is obviously something the coaching staff was thinking about and anticipating...the importance of coming out of the locker room in quarter 3 and being ready to go.

Maybe this needs more work.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What a freaking awesome response.  Dion is not only becoming a go-to soundbite for the media, he's becoming one of my favorite Bills.  Talk about a guy for whom "the light came on."  The dude oozes process.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

There is absolutely no way the league allows Jerry Hughes to take shots at Brady.  The refs will be told to allow holding all day long on him.  And Newhouse will look like a HOF tackle because of it. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's great to see Feliciano had a limited practice. That's a good sign, hopefully he can go Sunday. You could definitely tell when he went out the game. Guess the neck brace thing was more cautionary.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Blue jersey white pants 

I wonder if they are doing that color rush thing this year, the all red. Haven't heard anything about that as of yet, unless I missed it. I remember seeing a lot of post where people said they didn't like the red. I kinda like it myself though. Just different, IDK but I can dig it.

17 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

It's great to see Feliciano had a limited practice. That's a good sign, hopefully he can go Sunday. You could definitely tell when he went out the game. Guess the neck brass thing was more cautionary.

I'm not even sure I want him to go Sunday. I kinda want the Bills to be forced to leave Nsekhe at RT the entire game and if that means Ford is at RG the entire game, so be it. If Ford does a good job a RG then perhaps it would end up being a 3 man battle (Feliciano, Ford and Spain) for the 2 G spots.

Mostly, I just don't want to see Ford out there at T struggling every time he's in the game. It's not coincidence that Nsekhe has been at RT for 7 of the Bills 8 TDs.

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

I'm not even sure I want him to go Sunday. I kinda want the Bills to be forced to leave Nsekhe at RT the entire game and if that means Ford is at RG the entire game, so be it. If Ford does a good job a RG then perhaps it would end up being a 3 man battle (Feliciano, Ford and Spain) for the 2 G spots.

Mostly, I just don't want to see Ford out there at T struggling every time he's in the game. It's not coincidence that Nsekhe has been at RT for 7 of the Bills 8 TDs.

Yea I see what you're saying. Good thing with Feliciano is if Morse goes down he is very reliable to take over for a while if needed. So either way, as long as he is 100% healthy I'm happy.