Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You think they're overrated?  I know they played crap teams, but they are the defending champs with a defense that was expected to dominate. They couldn't really have done much better than they have so far.

It’s a quality D.  No weaknesses, but their secondary is the only unit I would call elite.

They are sound and well coached, as always. They’re not scary, or the ‘85 Bears.  They shut down Falk.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I just look forward to the day when the Patriots stadium is empty again once Tom Brady retires. They had one of the biggest jokes of a fanbase until  he came onto the scene

are you old enough to remember 'Rich Stadium' with 20K in the stands. I do, I was one of them. We often had crappy attendance. Pretty much every city has fans that stay away when they aren't very good.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

We're not winning this game. We leave too many points on the field, We are not getting enough of a pass rush to affect Brady. 

We are still making enough mistakes per game to where a quality franchise will expose us. We are trending upward but we are not there yet.

If the Bills can actually play a perfect game we have a shot, but every missed opportunity will be magnified this week. maybe a creative gameplan makes the difference but you need more than a gameplan for NE, you need to pair near flawless execution.

Hope I am wrong but right now I'm giving the points and expecting a loss. This team is good enough talent wise, just not execution wise IMO.

It's the price they are paying with nine new starters on offense.

Maybe this is the week that it all comes together.

That's all I got. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I just look forward to the day when the Patriots stadium is empty again once Tom Brady retires. They had one of the biggest jokes of a fanbase until  he came onto the scene

Don't worry. Their bandwagon fans will "suddenly" become Chiefs fans probably

24 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You think they're overrated?  I know they played crap teams, but they are the defending champs with a defense that was expected to dominate. They couldn't really have done much better than they have so far.

I'm sure they're very good. Maybe a little overrated. My point is they have yet been tested this season, on both sides of the ball. We'll see what happens

18 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Your mother on the other hand, obviously did.

Yours was a ***** dumpster.

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

are you old enough to remember 'Rich Stadium' with 20K in the stands. I do, I was one of them. We often had crappy attendance. Pretty much every city has fans that stay away when they aren't very good.

Its been sold out since 93 idiot

4 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Yours was a ***** dumpster.

Its been sold out since 93 idiot

I have to imagine you're treading on thin ice on this site. The mods here don't run this place the way other fan boards are run. We like to keep things reasonably respectful, and if I am not mistaken, there is only one poster on this site who is allowed to call others an "idiot."

Edited by Rocky Landing

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yeah, maybe a few games here and there when they were 1-11. Pats fans took whole seasons off...if not decades

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I have to imagine you're treading on thin ice on this site. The mods here don't run this place the way other fan boards are run. We like to keep things reasonably respectful, and if I am not mistaken, there is only one poster on this site who is allowed to call others an "idiot."

Lol who care

5 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

My way of thinking is we beat them with a 2 tight end sets with Sweeney and Knox. Both are good blockers and they also can really catch the ball. This will be the first time in a long time we come into the pats game with the better TE. We must not be afraid to attack Gilmore. Smoke can beat Gilmore because he is smaller and quicker. That’s the kind of Receiver Gilmore can struggle against.   

Knox has done some good things. IMO, he had 2 momentum killing drops though. I feel like the 3rd qtr against the Giants wldnt have been such a bummer if he catches that.  And it went right...through... his hands. Sweeney should have a NFL TD on his stat sheet. Why he was waiting for that ball to come to him and fall into his chest is beyond me. Knox could have afforded to do that on his TD. If Tommy high points that ball rather than letting if get batted away at the last second by a defender who wasnt even looking bc he was waiting (not to mention an NFL TE should know you catch with your hands, not your chest as it can bounce off) Id feel better about him. Not to say both cant be good TEs, but both are still coming into their own and therefore imo cant be counted on as weapons to make plays...yet.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Lol you can try to discredit the patriots defense all you want.  The 8 of 52 on 3rd down attempts over the last 4 including one of the best offenses in the nfl is pretty telling. The trend will continie this week against buffalo. I know bills fans are hyping this game up. But its gonna be a long day for you. And teams havent been generally getting off to a fast start. Since the pittsburgh loss the patriots have allowed a total of 10 first half points. Thats 8 games

Guess how much all of that means for this game.

Go ahead. Guess.

Zero.

Shelf your smugness for a third of a second if you can manage it.

10 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Lol who care

Well, speaking for myself (and I imagine there are plenty who would agree), I enjoy fans from other teams offering up their opinions, and perspectives, and intelligent debate. Of course, your trolling does not qualify as any of that. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My brain says pats -7 is a great bet.  

My heart says take the Bills +255.  

All of the sharp bettors that I know are going heavy on the Pats -7 this week. 

As we all know (you more than most of us), the line isn't intended to be a prediction so much as a barometer of public opinion.  I think most of the money should go on the Pats*** if you look at what they've done recently.  I don't think the sharps trust Allen yet.

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Just curious.  When the bills are home, do the players get to stay at their residence or are they required to stay at a hotel so they are accounted for and involved in meetings?

I know that previous regimes always had the players at a team hotel for home games, but not sure how this group does it.

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Just curious.  When the bills are home, do the players get to stay at their residence or are they required to stay at a hotel so they are accounted for and involved in meetings?

Night before, the whole team is at the team hotel.

• Thank you (+1) 1