Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ok, I’ll, of course, take 7 off the board due to it being the same drive, but I’m not assuming 3 when this team gets into the red zone.  Until they prove otherwise, I am extremely confident in them getting TD’s.  

Id bet almost anything that we get 7 if Yeldon doesn’t fumble.  The Bengals were not stopping us, sans turnover, in that moment. 

So ill go with 17. 

Thats one game.  We’ve seen similar issues in the other two games as well.   It’s not out of line for that poster to say we’ve “potentially” left 50 points on the field through 3 weeks. 

You're also assuming a 48 yard FG directly into a very strong (30 mph) wind. That's 50-50 at best. 

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You're also assuming a 48 yard FG directly into a very strong (30 mph) wind. That's 50-50 at best. 

Which is why I said “potentially”. 

The whole point of the conversation about points left on the field, is because we can’t do that against NE and win.  We all know that. 

Weve left a ton of potential points on the field through 3 weeks.  I can’t imagine too many teams, as evidenced by the graph posted earlier, have mistake’d away points like we have. 

We also cant have a sleepwalk 3rd Quarter.  Zero chance at beating the Pats only showing up for 3 out of 4 quarters. 

Edited by SCBills

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

To leave “50+ points on the table” would suggest that we’ve gotten to the red zone 7+ times and not scored.  That is certainly not the case. In fact, our red zone efficiency has been excellent this season. 

No Josh has missed wide open WR's multiple times for sure fire scores. We have also turned the ball over on Offense when moving the ball with ease suggesting more points could of been put up.  Josh also makes some ill advised decisions which is part of the process of developing a QB like Josh.. It just won't fly against the Patriots

Clean up the mistakes and take advantage of the opportunities because if the Bills miss fire on just a couple it will take us out of the game. Play a clean game and grab the opportunities that present themselves, and we are ripe for an upset win.

Edited by ddaryl

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

marvin.jpg

LOL, My hopes are up on the inside.. But for the reasons I put forth I am not really expecting it. We need to be a better team. Of course a win this weekend will change that narrative from this point forward

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

LOL, My hopes are up on the inside.. But for the reasons I put forth I am not really expecting it. We need to be a better team. Of course a win this weekend will change that narrative from this point forward

This is a gravy game for the Bills. No pressure. Play loose. Take it to them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

No Josh has missed wide open WR's multiple times for sure fire scores. We have also turned the ball over on Offense when moving the ball with ease suggesting more points could of been put up.  Josh also makes some ill advised decisions which is part of the process of developing a QB like Josh.. It just won't fly against the Patriots

Clean up the mistakes and take advantage of the opportunities because if the Bills miss fire on just a couple it will take us out of the game. Play a clean game and grab the opportunities that present themselves, and we are ripe for an upset win.

I count two misses by Josh of wide open receivers that would've been TDs.

For the record, the first one was on a drive that ended in a TD. The second ended in a FG.

I get what you're saying, but in this case the context sort of belies the case.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So I'm listening to Locked on Bills and Joe Marino has a beat writer from the Pats on.  He said he watched the film of the Bills and Bengals game and noticed the Bengals played a lot of max protect.  You won't see that from the Pats, they like to have as many passing options as possible.

So Hughes...you need to tear up Newhouse.  And the others....need to win your match ups.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly don't care about Kroft at this point.

Singletary....we need him this weekend.  If he doesn't practice by Friday....that pretty much means he's out?

I think the fact that he's not practicing today pretty much means he's out.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly don't care about Kroft at this point.

Singletary....we need him this weekend.  If he doesn't practice by Friday....that pretty much means he's out?

I would be shocked if he plays after no practice this week.  I think it is a bad sign that he is straight up not practicing as opposed to being "limited".  I bet he is out.  Wouldn't be surprised if he isn't progressing enough next week if we don't see him until Miami after the bye.  Hammies can linger all year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I'm listening to Locked on Bills and Joe Marino has a beat writer from the Pats on.  He said he watched the film of the Bills and Bengals game and noticed the Bengals played a lot of max protect.  You won't see that from the Pats, they like to have as many passing options as possible.

So Hughes...you need to tear up Newhouse.  And the others....need to win your match ups.

Meh, we've seen it from the Pats. Back in 2014, the Cold Front was wrecking NE's OL in the first half, so they played the entire second half in max protect and we didn't get near Brady.