Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

13 hours ago, Success said:

And who knows if they’re the best team.

They have beaten no one.  Bills haven’t either, but no one is saying we’re the best.

Because of prior, overwhelming  Brady history (31-3) nobody should.

Beat them Sunday and you change the narrative.

Just do it!

Interesting how the Boston sports writers claim the Bills haven't beat any good teams yet. Combined record of 1-8

Yet the Patriots have defeated 3 teams with a combined record of 0-9. What a bunch of bull####

Buffalo is off to a 3-0 start for the first time since 2011. Its defense is as fierce and havoc-causing as a Bills fan’s tailgate in Orchard Park, N.Y. The Bills are top five in total defense (299.7) and points allowed per game (15.7). The one caveat for coach Sean McDermott’s crew is that the teams they’ve defeated — the Jets, New York Giants, and Cincinnati Bengals — have a total of one win among them. This reeks of gridiron grade inflation.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2019/09/24/patriots-toughest-opponent-right-now-injuries/wAu1hsxQbvv91tRVHAKV8J/story.html

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Interesting how the Boston sports writers claim the Bills haven't beat any good teams yet. Combined record of 1-8

Yet the Patriots have defeated 3 teams with a combined record of 0-9. What a bunch of bull####

Buffalo is off to a 3-0 start for the first time since 2011. Its defense is as fierce and havoc-causing as a Bills fan’s tailgate in Orchard Park, N.Y. The Bills are top five in total defense (299.7) and points allowed per game (15.7). The one caveat for coach Sean McDermott’s crew is that the teams they’ve defeated — the Jets, New York Giants, and Cincinnati Bengals — have a total of one win among them. This reeks of gridiron grade inflation.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2019/09/24/patriots-toughest-opponent-right-now-injuries/wAu1hsxQbvv91tRVHAKV8J/story.html

Not only that but that vaunted Patriots defense played the bottom 3 offenses in 3 games. Basically they played 3 JV teams.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Perhaps not the best team in the league, but don't you think their absolutely dominating history the past two decades suggests the Patriots are one of if not the best team in the league this year? 

Doesnt matter who they beat. The Patriots always get the benefit of the doubt. The Bills don't.

Went do we keep bringing up the "last two decades" when taking about Sunday. To paraphrase Rick Pitino: "Tedy Bruschi ain't waking through that door."

You can certainly apply that to Belichick, but we play the guys they have now, not from 20 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Went do we keep bringing up the "last two decades" when taking about Sunday. To paraphrase Rick Pitino: "Tedy Bruschi ain't waking through that door."

You can certainly apply that to Belichick, but we play the guys they have now, not from 20 years ago.

The only accurate way to scout this game is 2018-present. You can go back to 2017 I guess but OC change and QB change is too significant. Going back further is a waste of time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because- that’s the way life works. The first thing up in a changed environment is to look up and key off any prior history. And the history... during this entire millennium, has been historically embarrassing, humiliating & hopeless! 

The Top B&B Brothers are still in charge! Until you beat their arse on Sunday and do it again in Foxboro (when neither team has cashed it in or is resting for the Playoffs), only THEN will there be no more history.

that’s the thing about it. Unless you change it, it rolls on forever.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GG said:

Both defenses have been outstanding so far, but Bills' offense has easily left 50+ points on the table through bad execution and careless mistakes.  They can't do that against Pats*

To leave “50+ points on the table” would suggest that we’ve gotten to the red zone 7+ times and not scored.  That is certainly not the case. In fact, our red zone efficiency has been excellent this season. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Last I checked BB and Brady are still there and they are still winning.

Patriots are still among the best in the league if not the best.

I agree.  Not to mention, they are the defending champions.  They'll always be the favorite to win it all as long as BB/Brady are there.

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

To leave “50+ points on the table” would suggest that we’ve gotten to the red zone 7+ times and not scored.  That is certainly not the case. In fact, our red zone efficiency has been excellent this season. 

I don't know how you can say that, especially after this Sunday's game, where Bills should have been up by at least 28 at halftime!

I looked at not only trips to red zone, but other clear scoring opportunities that were missed.   I counted 3 deep passes that Allen missed to open receivers that should have been TDs, then add the mistakes in the Jets and Bengals games and that's how I got to 50+ points across the 3 games.

10 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't know how you can say that, especially after this Sunday's game, where Bills should have been up by at least 28 at halftime!

I looked at not only trips to red zone, but other clear scoring opportunities that were missed.   I counted 3 deep passes that Allen missed to open receivers that should have been TDs, then add the mistakes in the Jets and Bengals games and that's how I got to 50+ points across the 3 games.

Check this out. This isn’t including Yeldon fumble etc 

25 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

In that Bengals game alone -

Intentional grounding took 3 off the board

Yeldon fumble at the five yard line

Josh missing Zay for a TD

Knox dropping a pass that would’ve set up 1st and goal 

That’s potentially 24 points right there

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

In that Bengals game alone -

Intentional grounding took 3 off the board

Yeldon fumble at the five yard line

Josh missing Zay for a TD

Knox dropping a pass that would’ve set up 1st and goal 

That’s potentially 24 points right there

The Knox drop was on the same drive as the Yeldon fumble. Also, you should never assume 7; always assume 3 when it comes to lost opportunities in the red zone. Touchdowns aren't easy to come by; short field goals are. I'm counting 13 missed points. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Knox drop was on the same drive as the Yeldon fumble. Also, you should never assume 7; always assume 3 when it comes to lost opportunities in the red zone. Touchdowns aren't easy to come by; short field goals are. I'm counting 13 missed points. 

it's okay to assume 3 when the Bills enter the Red Zone?

i'll repeat this to myself until it sinks in....

i'm just happy if it doesn't turn into  -7

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ok, I’ll, of course, take 7 off the board due to it being the same drive, but I’m not assuming 3 when this team gets into the red zone.  Until they prove otherwise, I am extremely confident in them getting TD’s.  

Id bet almost anything that we get 7 if Yeldon doesn’t fumble.  The Bengals were not stopping us, sans turnover, in that moment. 

So ill go with 17. 

Thats one game.  We’ve seen similar issues in the other two games as well.   It’s not out of line for that poster to say we’ve “potentially” left 50 points on the field through 3 weeks. 

Edited by SCBills

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Last I checked BB and Brady are still there and they are still winning.

Patriots are still among the best in the league if not the best.

What about the other 21 starters?

I have to ask this: is it more important to you that the Bills win or that you're right?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's okay to assume 3 when the Bills enter the Red Zone?

i'll repeat this to myself until it sinks in....

i'm just happy if it doesn't turn into  -7

Strange post..  

There’s a few parts of this team I’m unsure of heading into the Pats game, but our RZ Offense isn’t one of them.  

Sure, the Pats could prevent us from getting the red zone, or be the team that puts the clamps on us when we get there, but until/if that happens, I’m not sure how anyone can watch this offense with Josh Allen’s dual threat ability and 3 games of a high RZ conversion % and think what you’re thinking. 

Edited by SCBills

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

the quote about Allen is kind of strange for belichick, he usually is all praise for an opposing QB. This quote leaves a little doubt about Allen. Its basically saying he has a ways to go

I remember his quote about jeff tuel, " he can beat you with his arm and he can beat you with his legs"