9/22 Bills vs. Bengals 1st half thread

BuffaloBill

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I don’t believe McCoy’s salary was material to the decision to cut him. He’s not of the highest character, and I think McDermott and Beane had some concerns as to how he would respond to a RB by committee approach. Cutting him was probably the wrong decision, and I think there’s a good chance he would have fully embraced a sharply reduced role on a winning team (as in KC). Nevertheless, the team felt confident in Singletary splitting carries with and learning from Gore. Obviously, having all three backs, sans Yeldon, would have made for a more dynamic running attack, but it’s absurd to think that salary was a major factor in the decision to part ways. 

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

As a challenge, it's stupid.  Even if he gets the call, he's out of challenges for the game.  Stupid use of the challenge flag.  Your criteria for using the flag can't just be if the call will be reversed in your favor.

Might save him a 4 point deficit before the end of the half.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

As a challenge, it's stupid.  Even if he gets the call, he's out of challenges for the game.  Stupid use of the challenge flag.  Your criteria for using the flag can't just be if the call will be reversed in your favor.

Disagree. It's a issue he won't have a challenge, but to change the halftime score from 18 to 14 is a big deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Offense playing well today, but I wish they could finish on some of these drives instead of having to kick FG’s. Hopefully that will come in time. 8 new starters + Daboll runs a very complex offense (as the announcer said, John Brown said this is the hardest offense he’s ever had to learn). 

I guess its just the old Bills fan in me that starts to worry about letting a team hang around and not putting the game away when you have the chance. lol