Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

im thinking we may have avoided a distraction by cutting him also. he is used to being The Guy and with his decline and less touches im  thinking he would have been frustrated and outspoken at times. plus all the "shady" off the field stuff also

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't get the Duke Williams cut.  No way he clears waivers.  

Shady makes sense at 6.1 million cap hit and Singletary has played well.  So has Gore—who is also great in pass protection.   

Williams is puzzling.  Getting rid of a big redzone target is not a way to help a young qb. 

I just don't think that the opinions on Duke will be as high across the league.

It's certainly possible that he gets claimed, but my guess is that there's better players that will get claimed before him.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Actually, Cousineau was not bad, although not great either. He was a star in the CFL, being named Grey Cup MVP in 1979. He led the Cleveland Browns in tackles in 3 of his 4 seasons there, and had 4 interceptions in 1983 and was named second team all-NFL. He was considered so good that the Bills got a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for trading Cousineau to the Browns. The Bills used that 1st to draft Jim Kelly.

I remember that. Cousineau did have a few good years in Cleveland. The 83 draft...the year of the quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Shady makes sense at 6.1 million cap hit and Singletary has played well.  So has Gore—who is also great in pass protection.   

Williams is puzzling.  Getting rid of a big redzone target is not a way to help a young qb. 

Maybe he's just not all that good!  He's a guy who got cut three years ago and couldn't make an NFL roster since.  You can easily make the argument they should have kept him instead of McKenzie, or many will even say Zay, but the problem is you're really comparing a car with a dent on the left side against one on the right side, none are great. 

While overall I do feel our receiving group is much improved since last year, even our #1 guy I guess it's John Brown is maybe ranked in the mid 20's compared to other teams.  Point is our WR top to bottom still aren't great, that's an area likely next year will work on improving, so no need to keep someone here who's not really that good to in turn cut another lineman or LB instead.   You want the best 53 overall.

It does appear that the legend of Kiko has been surpassed by the legend of Duke!

At least Kiko did play a year.  And he did save 10 people from falling over Niagara Falls.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Out ofcuriosityy, what's with the Sills V love around here? Follow him from college? Relative or friend?  I just can't figure it out. Guy has shown nothing so far.

Beat me by seconds.

I really don't get it.  When I went to camp he was by far the worst WR on the field (and that doesn't even take into account the ridiculous custom tailored short shorts he was wearing :rolleyes: - honestly looked like an idiot).  Have to assume it's people suffering from Brandon Reilly syndrome

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, stevewin said:

I really don't get it.  When I went to camp he was by far the worst WR on the field (and that doesn't even take into account the ridiculous custom tailored short shorts he was wearing :rolleyes: - honestly looked like an idiot).  Have to assume it's people suffering from Brandon Reilly syndrome

or maybe from watching his story on that embedded episode

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Williams is puzzling.  Getting rid of a big redzone target is not a way to help a young 

Cutting Duke is pure stupidity.  We've been looking for a jump ball redzone threat since KB or even James Hardy. Unbelievable?

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

The biggest disappointment about the Shady cut was how strongly the FO was endorsing him before and into training camp.  I feel like they could have been more neutral about him and have maybe created some mistrust within the locker room?

Clearly bringing in Gore, Yeldon, Singletary, showed they were concerned about McCoy, which I was happy to see.  But I was confused by how willing they were to continue talk him up.

If you want to trade a player, it helps if you at least act like you value him.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

or maybe from watching his story on that embedded episode

Oh I missed that - that would actually make sense

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I wonder if we go just with 4 corners week 1 and then bring back Captain week 2?

-White

-Wallace

-Johnson

-Johnson

-Neal

That's 5, and possibly swapping Neal for Captain week 2? 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Since Duke Williams is an accomplished blocker how about placing him on the PS (if possible) and encourage him to gain muscle in order to convert him to a TE? The great TE's can catch and block. He can do both but is just a little small.

Duke and Tyree can be good TEs in the NFL

-Nobody

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

The whole Duke and/or Tyree should play TE thing is silly 

Why? I mean can’t any big athletic guy convert to one of the hardest positions in the NFL? They only need to know every passing route, blocking scheme, catch, block, stay healthy. Sounds super easy. 

31 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

We are going to have 3 big TE's that are going to go up and fight for the ball. Do hope he makes it to the PS though.