Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, westside2 said:

How the hell is the human been pole Sills still on the team? He showed nothing against 3 &4 stringers!

Suggests they are trying to sneak him onto the PS I think. 

6 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I'd rather have Cam Phillips. He's a big strong receiver unlike Sills.

Not sure about bigger. But he is definitely better. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Have you seen Sills? He's football's version of Manute Bol

He used his body pretty well on this catch.  He wouldn't likely be active on game day and can get stronger with more weight training...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001045366/Tyree-Jackson-completes-comeback-with-8-yard-TD-to-David-Sills

Edited by Lurker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Suggests they are trying to sneak him onto the PS I think. 

I am not sure.  These aren't Bills announcements, are they?  They're just leaks or player announcements?  Have not all of the players pretty much been told at this point?

5 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Ok, thanks. Then that means he has to add 4 more spots to his list of 31.

Thanks - Fixed it!

1 released  OL Demetrius Rhaney.  
2 released WR Nick Easley 
3 released TE Keith Towbridge
4 released OL Jarron Jones
 5 released CB Denzel Rice
6 released DT LT Walton  
7 released  WR Victor Bolden, Jr.
8 traded OL Russell Bodine
9 released S Abraham Wallace
10 released DT Roderick Young
11 traded  OL Wyatt Teller
12 waiving rookie QB Tyree Jackson
13 released DT Kyle Peko
14 releasing WR Ray-Ray McCloud
15 releasing veteran CB Captain Munnerlyn
16 released RB Marcus Murphy
17 released DE Sam Acho
18 released LB Deon Lacey
19 released WR Duke Williams
20 released OL Eric Magnuson
21 released CB Ryan Lewis
22 releasing RB LeSean McCoy
23  released CB Lafayette Pitts
24 released CB Cam Lewis
25 Injured Reserve LB Vosean Joseph
26  releasing S Kurt Coleman
Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Arkady Renko said:

I am not sure.  These aren't Bills announcements, are they?  They're just leaks or player announcements?  Have not all of the players pretty much been told at this point?

I thought they had until 4pm today your time. The different time zones always screw me up on a day like today. I suspect they are still putting the finishing touches. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I thought they had until 4pm today your time. The different time zones always screw me up on a day like today. I suspect they are still putting the finishing touches. 

They do.  I just wonder whether they have already told them and are just waiting to officially submit the names to the NFL.  

1 minute ago, CanadaiguiaD said:

The second biggest shocker today is that Wade hasn’t been cur yet. Maybe the kid from England will get a chance to play this year.

That would be a huge shocker. He wouldn't have much field time. Plus, we'll need that roster spot because I'm sure Beane with sign a player or two that has been cut elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

How about that guy at DE they signed last week ... I think Holland was his name, out of Auburn ... I kinda liked him coming out of his draft ... I thought he'd sprain a finger and get I'Rd. Any word yet on his fate ?

are you talking about eli harold?...he was traded for Bates...then cut today by his new team

ok nvm...I just looked and I see a Jeff Holland...yea..not sure where he is

Edited by Tsaikotic

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

How about that guy at DE they signed last week ... I think Holland was his name, out of Auburn ... I kinda liked him coming out of his draft ... I thought he'd sprain a finger and get I'Rd. Any word yet on his fate ?

Still on the team I think.

40 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Stlll lots of cuts to be made.  The timing of these is interesting...perhaps hoping to "bury" some releases among the noise to sneak guys on the practice squad?

Perhaps they are looking to trade McLaughlin. It's a shame we have to let him go. He was good in college & he has looked good here.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

A lot of folks wanted him as a UDFA. I could be wrong, but I believe we made him the highest paid UDFA.

Yeah but back then you were going after him based on potential.  He hasn't shown it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah but back then you were going after him based on potential.  He hasn't shown it.

True, but it's interesting he wasn't an early cut based on his nearly zero results in pre-season/camp. I wanted to draft him with a day 2 pick. Imagine my surprise when he went undrafted.

If he makes the team there has to be something else at play. Perhaps he absolutely blew them away in the classroom and they've intentionally had him focus on his weaknesses during camp and pre-season or something. It's really weird though.

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Duke will kill the Bills, and others, once New England signs him.  Dumb move no matter where he winds up.

Duke isn’t killing anyone with that speed. He’ll get a look somewhere but he isn’t all of a sudden going to become a stud.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, eanyills said:

Duke isn’t killing anyone with that speed. He’ll get a look somewhere but he isn’t all of a sudden going to become a stud.

How many times have we said as fans, "Cutting that guy is going to burn the Bills in the end.  He's going to be a stud in this league and the Bills will regret their decision."   And how many times has that happened?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2