Williams - Dawkins - Morse - Spain - FordĀ 

Ā 

looks good to me.Ā 

Ā 

I don't think Spain will be a starter.

Ā 

If I had to guess I'd go with Dawkins, Long, Morse, Feliciano, Ford

Ā 

Post-trade: Williams, Long, Morse, Ford, Dawkins...that would be strong if Dawkins held up at RT.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Trent Williams is, without a single shadow of a doubt, elite. The issue is he is 30 and injury prone. But he is a top 4 left tackle in the NFL. He is streets ahead of anyone the Bills currently have.Ā 

No question that he is an elite LT. And his work ethic is exceptional. The problem is that his knees are rickety. They are bone on bone. When his career is concluded he will probably have to deal with life long pain. Although he is well respected in the organization and among his teammates the organization has the leverage over him. When Trent signed his contract he was well/fairly compensated as one of the best tackles in the game. As time goes by the pay scale rises and he slides back compared to lesser players. That's just the nature of the system.Ā 

Ā 

If the Redskins could have foreseen this possible holdout I'm sure they would have made a more determined effort to keep Ty Neskhe. When he filled in for Trent he did a solid job.Ā 

30 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Ā 

I don't think Spain will be a starter.

Ā 

If I had to guess I'd go with Dawkins, Long, Morse, Feliciano, Ford

Ā 

Post-trade: Williams, Long, Morse, Ford, Dawkins...that would be strong if Dawkins held up at RT.

I disagree.Ā  Help me with your logic?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

I have no idea what a freaking flashlight is. That is a made up American word that does not exist in English.Ā 

song by Funkadelic

and not about a torch at all

33 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No question that he is an elite LT. And his work ethic is exceptional. The problem is that his knees are rickety. They are bone on bone. When his career is concluded he will probably have to deal with life long pain. Although he is well respected in the organization and among his teammates the organization has the leverage over him. When Trent signed his contract he was well/fairly compensated as one of the best tackles in the game. As time goes by the pay scale rises and he slides back compared to lesser players. That's just the nature of the system.Ā 

Ā 

If the Redskins could have foreseen this possible holdout I'm sure they would have made a more determined effort to keep Ty Neskhe. When he filled in for Trent he did a solid job.Ā 

and why Ty was reflective of a keen and watchful eye by Bills pro scouts. Beanes made a deal for a solid player

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

correct. injured shiny object.Ā  pass.

check the knees, before passing.

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Ā 

and why Ty was reflective of a keen and watchful eye by Bills pro scouts. Beanes made a deal for a solid player

Ā 

Neskhe was a good pickup. He's versatile enough to play every position on the line but center. The Skins wanted to keep him but because of cap issues had to let him go to the market. I'm hoping that the Bills can assemble a solid line with their offseason acquisitions and draft of Cody Ford.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

BS, this is about money.Ā  He sees what guys who "graded" below him signed for after his 2015 deal.Ā 

Ā 

Guy's heading into his 10th season and his last full season was 6 years ago.Ā  He's trying to walk away form 24 million over the next 2 years.Ā  Unless his next team is fine with him playing for fractions of seasons (at a premium price), how many years does anyone really think this guy has value?

Ā 

Hard pass.

Ā 

Ā 

I think you are exactly right.Ā  This is clearly about the money.Ā  If the skins were to throw some more green in his direction, his problem with the medical staff will evaporate.Ā  He has no leverage during the duration of his contract.Ā  The Bills shouldn't get involved with him.Ā  Injuries and past suspension are enough reasons to stay away.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

man, I don't know.......I think Dawkins could be a tremendous LG.......I'd take Nsekhe at RT over Long atĀ LG.

Ā 

8 hours ago, DJB said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1136311148775653376

Ā 

Ā 

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-redskins-would-be-wise-to-come-to-terms-with-lt-trent-williams

Ā 

Excellent numbers from PFF ranked #3 over the past 3 years.

Ā 

Josh blind side would be rock solid

Ā 

Ā 

does PFF make any adjustments for injury time- guys who are only available 4 days a year make for great fantasy teams but not good real teams.

13 hours ago, DJB said:

Ā 

Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

Ā 

Ā 

They're not building the team by bringing in high-priced guys, especially older ones.

Ā 

Williams is good. Not going to be here, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ā 

man, I don't know.......I think Dawkins could be a tremendous LG.......I'd take Nsekhe at RT over Long atĀ LG.

Ā 

Ā 

I think Dawkins could easily be very good at LG, but I also feel like the O-line wouldn't be getting the best overall value playing him so close to Williams with the right side lacking in talent in comparison to the left, and the inexperience of Cody Ford;Ā I'd like the talent to be dispersed along the O-line, to start things off in this scenario.

Ā 

Nsekhe is great depth, but he's not bringing what Dawkins brings as an overall blocker and Spencer Long was pretty good at LG for the Jets;Ā I watched LongĀ in his blocking assignment versusĀ Kyle Williams and he did a prettyĀ good job, and by 'pretty good job', I don't mean 'decent'. He seems to holdĀ up well at the point of attack.Ā 

Ā 

I don'tĀ believe my eyes were deceived, because I listened to a Jets' fan speak on Long's departure, to gauge his value in the fans' eyes, and he pretty much stated that the Jets' O-line production improved when he was moved from the center position---where he struggled---to left guard.Ā 

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

So every player we sign has to be a bargain? Ā We havenā€™t broken the bank this offseason. Ā Weā€™re in position to pay a premier LT

Ā 

hes often injured but has played in at least 10 games every season. Ā Itā€™s not like he doesnā€™t contributeĀ 

Ā 

No, obviously not.Ā  But he will want at least 12 million a year and you are assuming he will even be available for 10 games a year and at his age and given his history, there's no reason to believe this.

Ā 

A "contributor" isn't a value at that price.

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

BS, this is about money.Ā  He sees what guys who "graded" below him signed for after his 2015 deal.Ā 

Ā 

Guy's heading into his 10th season and his last full season was 6 years ago.Ā  He's trying to walk away form 24 million over the next 2 years.Ā  Unless his next team is fine with him playing for fractions of seasons (at a premium price), how many years does anyone really think this guy has value?

Ā 

Hard pass.

Ā 

Ā 

You are makingĀ  an assumption based on an assumption. The basis of his holdout is to express his displeasure with the medical staff. At least that is the storyline that is coming from his camp and close friends on the team. There have been no stories other than groundless speculation in the DC/MD papers and coverage indicating that he is holding out for more money. He has had a history of injuries and rehabilitations and doesn't feel that the medical staff has performed to a level that he finds acceptable.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/06/05/trent-williams-absence-redskins-camp-related-frustration-over-medical-treatment/?utm_term=.ab524fd9a1ec

Ā 

20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and TBD pundits squawk about our other injured acquisition from the Deadskins.....Trent's list is long.....

Ā 

....benign tumor in head, rib, knee and thumb injuries..........

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Wait... a tumor?

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Ā 

They're not building the team by bringing in high-priced guys, especially older ones.

Ā 

Williams is good. Not going to be here, though.

Ā 

Ā 

Bills FO has made it a priorityĀ  to fix and build the line. We have the cap space to make a deal. It's not totallyĀ  out of the question that it can't happen

9 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Ā 

Wait... a tumor?

Ā 

Ā 

...quote I read was "benign tumor or growth from the head:.........did not clarify if internal or external though..............

Ā 

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 5, 2019, 1:06 PM EDT

A couple months ago, news broke that Williams had a benign tumor or growth removed from his head. Not a lot has been reported about exactly what happened, but Williams is apparently not satisfied that he got adequate medical care from the team.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Anyone else curiousĀ as to why only Jason La Sucka has reported this?

If Jayson Blair or Alex Jones reported this story - about a good player wanting out of Washington because of FO incompetence - I'd believe it without hesitation.

29 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Ā 

Ā 

...quote I read was "benign tumor or growth from the head:.........did not clarify if internal or external though..............

Ā 

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 5, 2019, 1:06 PM EDT

A couple months ago, news broke that Williams had a benign tumor or growth removed from his head. Not a lot has been reported about exactly what happened, but Williams is apparently not satisfied that he got adequate medical care from the team.

Ā 

Oh, you meant Trent Williams. I got confused and thought it was Trent Murphy. Derp.

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Ā 

...LOL......BOTH were Deadskins "medical patients"...we have one and probably don't need another......:thumbsup:

Ā 

Haha, for sure. Yeah, I don't see Beane exploring a trade for Williams. They like Dawkins and definitely wanna give him every chance to really lock up the LT spot.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

No, obviously not.Ā  But he will want at least 12 million a year and you are assuming he will even be available for 10 games a year and at his age and given his history, there's no reason to believe this.

Ā 

A "contributor" isn't a value at that price.

Heā€™s NEVER not played 10 games in his career. Ā Thereā€™s definitely reason to believe this. Ā Theres no reason to believe that he wonā€™t. Ā In 10 yeArs, heā€™s played in at least 10 games every season. Ā Iā€™d say thatā€™s a reason to believe this. Ā 

Ā 

Based on his career, heā€™s at worst,Ā a contributor. Ā If he plays more than 10 games heā€™s a vital cog. Ā Heā€™s a proven top 5 LTs in the league. Ā A huge upgrade over Dawkins. Ā At some point it has to be about winning NOW and not the future. Ā Trent is a win nowĀ move. Ā If we can give up a 3rd for a top 5 LT Iā€™m in. Ā Ā 

Ā 

All of this as long as his salary demands arenā€™t ridiculousĀ 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

You are makingĀ  an assumption based on an assumption. The basis of his holdout is to express his displeasure with the medical staff. At least that is the storyline that is coming from his camp and close friends on the team. There have been no stories other than groundless speculation in the DC/MD papers and coverage indicating that he is holding out for more money. He has had a history of injuries and rehabilitations and doesn't feel that the medical staff has performed to a level that he finds acceptable.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/06/05/trent-williams-absence-redskins-camp-related-frustration-over-medical-treatment/?utm_term=.ab524fd9a1ec

Ā 

If the Pats get him watch how quickly the narrative flips.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Heā€™s NEVER not played 10 games in his career. Ā Thereā€™s definitely reason to believe this. Ā Theres no reason to believe that he wonā€™t. Ā In 10 yeArs, heā€™s played in at least 10 games every season. Ā Iā€™d say thatā€™s a reason to believe this. Ā 

Ā 

Based on his career, heā€™s at worst,Ā a contributor. Ā If he plays more than 10 games heā€™s a vital cog. Ā Heā€™s a proven top 5 LTs in the league. Ā A huge upgrade over Dawkins. Ā At some point it has to be about winning NOW and not the future. Ā Trent is a win nowĀ move. Ā If we can give up a 3rd for a top 5 LT Iā€™m in. Ā Ā 

Ā 

All of this as long as his salary demands arenā€™t ridiculousĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

He wants more than 24 million over the next 2 years.Ā  That's ridiculous for what you describe as "at worst, a contributor".Ā 

Ā 

Redskins are always in a win now mode, no?Ā 

Ā 

The Bills aren't an aging, expensive, often injured top 5 (when available to play) LT away froma deep playoff run.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

He also had four-game suspension without pay for violating the league's Policy & Program for Substance Abuse. Is this medical staff's problem too?

Ā 

I do not want Bills to bring in any players with such violations unlessĀ Jim Overdorf is not involved in contract since he crafted contracts without ability to take back bonuses for such violations.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

Ā 

He wants more than 24 million over the next 2 years.Ā  That's ridiculous for what you describe as "at worst, a contributor".Ā 

Ā 

Redskins are always in a win now mode, no?Ā 

Ā 

The Bills aren't an aging, expensive, often injured top 5 (when available to play) LT away froma deep playoff run.

We differ in opinion. Ā I believe 24 mill,Ā 2 years for Trent Williams is a good deal. Ā If he wanted over 12Ā mill gtd is where Iā€™d start to have a problem.Ā 

Ā 

We haveĀ cash this year. Ā We can pay him up front and make it so little isĀ owed after this year. Ā Iā€™m not just thinking about him putting us over the top to win the SB, Iā€™m looking to develop JA. Ā Having Trent st LT instead of Dawkins would be a huge upgrade and help JA imo. Ā 

If the price is reasonable on a deal, get him.Ā Ā 

Ā 

When it comes to the Oline, I'm a big believer in the "rising tide raises all ships".Ā  Putting him at LT along with Morse at center gives us two plus players at key positions.Ā  We have the money.Ā  Given the musical chairs at every position but center currently, having one more position shored up and settling only 3 positions would give us a lot greater chance at putting a quality oline on the field in week 1.