Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DJB

Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

BS, this is about money.  He sees what guys who "graded" below him signed for after his 2015 deal. 

 

Guy's heading into his 10th season and his last full season was 6 years ago.  He's trying to walk away form 24 million over the next 2 years.  Unless his next team is fine with him playing for fractions of seasons (at a premium price), how many years does anyone really think this guy has value?

 

Hard pass.

 

 

I think you are exactly right.  This is clearly about the money.  If the skins were to throw some more green in his direction, his problem with the medical staff will evaporate.  He has no leverage during the duration of his contract.  The Bills shouldn't get involved with him.  Injuries and past suspension are enough reasons to stay away.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

 

 

Post-trade: Williams, Long, Morse, Ford, Dawkins...that would be strong if Dawkins held up at RT.

 

man, I don't know.......I think Dawkins could be a tremendous LG.......I'd take Nsekhe at RT over Long at LG.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I see multiple stories on this so I don't see just him saying it.

 

But do the stories all quote La Canfora? Cause the ones I saw did. 😛

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I have no idea what a freaking flashlight is. That is a made up American word that does not exist in English. 

I think given that we invented the light bulb we can call things what we like.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DJB said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1136311148775653376

 

 

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

 

 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-redskins-would-be-wise-to-come-to-terms-with-lt-trent-williams

 

Excellent numbers from PFF ranked #3 over the past 3 years.

 

Josh blind side would be rock solid

 

 

does PFF make any adjustments for injury time- guys who are only available 4 days a year make for great fantasy teams but not good real teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's quite injury prone.

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That organization may be the most dysfunctional in all of pro sports.

And it maintains its rep year in and year out.  20 years of madness under Dan Snyder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, DJB said:

 

Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

 

 

They're not building the team by bringing in high-priced guys, especially older ones.

 

Williams is good. Not going to be here, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

man, I don't know.......I think Dawkins could be a tremendous LG.......I'd take Nsekhe at RT over Long at LG.

 

 

I think Dawkins could easily be very good at LG, but I also feel like the O-line wouldn't be getting the best overall value playing him so close to Williams with the right side lacking in talent in comparison to the left, and the inexperience of Cody Ford; I'd like the talent to be dispersed along the O-line, to start things off in this scenario.

 

Nsekhe is great depth, but he's not bringing what Dawkins brings as an overall blocker and Spencer Long was pretty good at LG for the Jets; I watched Long in his blocking assignment versus Kyle Williams and he did a pretty good job, and by 'pretty good job', I don't mean 'decent'. He seems to hold up well at the point of attack. 

 

I don't believe my eyes were deceived, because I listened to a Jets' fan speak on Long's departure, to gauge his value in the fans' eyes, and he pretty much stated that the Jets' O-line production improved when he was moved from the center position---where he struggled---to left guard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NewEra said:

So every player we sign has to be a bargain?  We haven’t broken the bank this offseason.  We’re in position to pay a premier LT

 

hes often injured but has played in at least 10 games every season.  It’s not like he doesn’t contribute 

 

No, obviously not.  But he will want at least 12 million a year and you are assuming he will even be available for 10 games a year and at his age and given his history, there's no reason to believe this.

 

A "contributor" isn't a value at that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

 

But do the stories all quote La Canfora? Cause the ones I saw did. 😛

 

...and we know Jason NEVER misses..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Castillo gone Dawkins should be ok at LT if he is next to a good LG and Morse at C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

BS, this is about money.  He sees what guys who "graded" below him signed for after his 2015 deal. 

 

Guy's heading into his 10th season and his last full season was 6 years ago.  He's trying to walk away form 24 million over the next 2 years.  Unless his next team is fine with him playing for fractions of seasons (at a premium price), how many years does anyone really think this guy has value?

 

Hard pass.

 

 

You are making  an assumption based on an assumption. The basis of his holdout is to express his displeasure with the medical staff. At least that is the storyline that is coming from his camp and close friends on the team. There have been no stories other than groundless speculation in the DC/MD papers and coverage indicating that he is holding out for more money. He has had a history of injuries and rehabilitations and doesn't feel that the medical staff has performed to a level that he finds acceptable. 

 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/06/05/trent-williams-absence-redskins-camp-related-frustration-over-medical-treatment/?utm_term=.ab524fd9a1ec

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and TBD pundits squawk about our other injured acquisition from the Deadskins.....Trent's list is long.....

 

....benign tumor in head, rib, knee and thumb injuries..........

 

 

 

Wait... a tumor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

 

They're not building the team by bringing in high-priced guys, especially older ones.

 

Williams is good. Not going to be here, though.

 

 

Bills FO has made it a priority  to fix and build the line. We have the cap space to make a deal. It's not totally  out of the question that it can't happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

 

Wait... a tumor?

 

 

...quote I read was "benign tumor or growth from the head:.........did not clarify if internal or external though..............

 

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 5, 2019, 1:06 PM EDT

A couple months ago, news broke that Williams had a benign tumor or growth removed from his head. Not a lot has been reported about exactly what happened, but Williams is apparently not satisfied that he got adequate medical care from the team.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Anyone else curious as to why only Jason La Sucka has reported this?

If Jayson Blair or Alex Jones reported this story - about a good player wanting out of Washington because of FO incompetence - I'd believe it without hesitation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

 

...quote I read was "benign tumor or growth from the head:.........did not clarify if internal or external though..............

 

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 5, 2019, 1:06 PM EDT

A couple months ago, news broke that Williams had a benign tumor or growth removed from his head. Not a lot has been reported about exactly what happened, but Williams is apparently not satisfied that he got adequate medical care from the team.

 

Oh, you meant Trent Williams. I got confused and thought it was Trent Murphy. Derp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams would be a great addition, but I don't think Washington trades him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

 

Oh, you meant Trent Williams. I got confused and thought it was Trent Murphy. Derp.

 

...LOL......BOTH were Deadskins "medical patients"...we have one and probably don't need another......:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That organization may be the most dysfunctional in all of pro sports.

 

The Raiders raise an eyebrow. 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...LOL......BOTH were Deadskins "medical patients"...we have one and probably don't need another......:thumbsup:

 

Haha, for sure. Yeah, I don't see Beane exploring a trade for Williams. They like Dawkins and definitely wanna give him every chance to really lock up the LT spot. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

No, obviously not.  But he will want at least 12 million a year and you are assuming he will even be available for 10 games a year and at his age and given his history, there's no reason to believe this.

 

A "contributor" isn't a value at that price.

He’s NEVER not played 10 games in his career.  There’s definitely reason to believe this.  Theres no reason to believe that he won’t.  In 10 yeArs, he’s played in at least 10 games every season.  I’d say that’s a reason to believe this.  

 

Based on his career, he’s at worst, a contributor.  If he plays more than 10 games he’s a vital cog.  He’s a proven top 5 LTs in the league.  A huge upgrade over Dawkins.  At some point it has to be about winning NOW and not the future.  Trent is a win now move.  If we can give up a 3rd for a top 5 LT I’m in.   

 

All of this as long as his salary demands aren’t ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He'd be LT from day one, not in competition with anyone IMO. At 25M for 2 years. It would be a great trade for the Bills. He's a HOF type player. Do it.

Edited by CuddyDark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnC said:

You are making  an assumption based on an assumption. The basis of his holdout is to express his displeasure with the medical staff. At least that is the storyline that is coming from his camp and close friends on the team. There have been no stories other than groundless speculation in the DC/MD papers and coverage indicating that he is holding out for more money. He has had a history of injuries and rehabilitations and doesn't feel that the medical staff has performed to a level that he finds acceptable. 

 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/06/05/trent-williams-absence-redskins-camp-related-frustration-over-medical-treatment/?utm_term=.ab524fd9a1ec

 

If the Pats get him watch how quickly the narrative flips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...