Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Terrible idea.

Rosen is already seen somewhat as a selfish and a head case.  He immediately stopped following the Cardinals on Twitter after they picked Murry.  Pulling a stunt like this would solidify that image.

And Rosen hasn't made the money AB has. 

Just like a dick would do.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am personally hoping that he does get traded to Miami.

Our defense will eat him alive.  This was supposed to be the most "polished" qb coming out this last draft......and the team that drafted him is giving up on him after ONE YEAR.....who does that?

I certainly cannot wish him luck if he goes to a division rival.

Kliff Kingsbury does that.  A first year NFL head coach with a failed record at Texas Tech.

Fancies himself a ‘Quarterback Whisperer’ ‘cause he coached Johnny Manziel.  (Oops, that’s now JOHN Manziel)

Kingsbury is no Mike Leach.  Murray will be the biggest #1 overall QB flop since Jamarcus Russell.

JMHO.

Just now, Lurker said:

New HC who's a bit of a dip**** wants his own guy.    They're not even giving him a chance to compete for the job against a midget.

So the smelly finger is on the Cards, not Rosen, IMO...

The gm who drafted him, traded up in fact for him is still there. The normal course of action typically would be to hire a coach who would help build around their new franchise qb not one that immediately dismissed him. It is certainly a unique situation to say the least

• Like (+1) 1

Had the Bills decided to move on from Josh Allen after one season, would you expect him to graciously bow out and thank the organization for giving him a shot? I doubt it. He unfollowed the team on Social Media! I don't even like Rosen as a QB, but some of the personal attacks seem way over the top.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

Kliff Kingsbury does that.  A first year NFL head coach with a failed record at Texas Tech.

Fancies himself a ‘Quarterback Whisperer’ ‘cause he coached Johnny Manziel.  (Oops, that’s now JOHN Manziel)

Kingsbury is no Mike Leach.  Murray will be the biggest #1 overall QB flop since Jamarcus Russell.

JMHO.

I think sending a 1st round pick QB just drafted in the previous year is crazy myself, but I also think that says something about the player to.  Cant just keep blaming everyone else when its not working out.   if Rosen was OUR qb I would not like this lucky for us its not.

• Like (+1) 1

The cards brought in a new regime and that regime wants to do things their way and not be hamstringed with a QB they dont believe in.  There is nothing wrong with that.  That's what Beane and McD did, they came into presented and sold Pegula their vision, which meant a household cleaning of players and salaries they didnt like.  That was their vision and Pegula have them the breathing room and time to follow through with it.

The Cards didnt do Rosen dirty.  That's business.  They dont owe him anything.  New management, new vision, new direction.  It may not be fair that Rosen only had one year to prove himself to the Cards and that he and others believe that he was limited with a porous supporting cast.  That may be all well and true but a new regime came in, they clearly didnt believe in Rosen and they decided to move on from him.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  If you didnt believe in a player and you had the luxury of the #1 overall player in the draft and you believed in the guy you could draft more so than Josh, what would you do?  Just give the guy you dont believe in another year simply because you didnt want to be "unfair" to him?  

No, of course not.  

And the fact that he unfollowed them is yet another example of Josh being the douchebag that most people know him to be.  This excuse of " well, they drafted another QB so he has a right to do that" is laughable. Yeah he has a right to do that and NFL fans have a right to have their views of his doucheyness be reaffirmed.  And to my knowledge when he did this He was still employed by the Cardinals.    The best thing he should do is if he is still with the Cardinals, beat Murray out so badly during training camp and preseason, that Kingsbury would have to start him.  But no, he pulls an immature move as if he was a woman scorned and unfollowed them.  

And if you dont think that counts against him with a number of clubs decision makers and goes straight to their player profile of him, then you dont know how management works.  I can assure you that other clubs are paying attention.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Had the Bills decided to move on from Josh Allen after one season, would you expect him to graciously bow out and thank the organization for giving him a shot? I doubt it. He unfollowed the team on Social Media! I don't even like Rosen as a QB, but some of the personal attacks seem way over the top.

Yes...I think Josh Allen would thank the organization and as a fan I would not like that the team did that.

and I really dont care that he unfollowed them on social media. I just dont have a lot of faith that he would do the right thing when he gets traded.

I could be wrong....he could do the right thing when he goes.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

He was still on the team.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

The cards brought in a new regime and that regime wants to do things their way and not be hamstringed with a QB they dont believe in.  There is nothing wrong with that.  That's what Beane and McD did, they came into presented and sold Pegula their vision, which meant a household cleaning of players and salaries they didnt like.  That was their vision and Pegula have them the breathing room and time to follow through with it.

The Cards didnt do Rosen dirty.  That's business.  They dont owe him anything.  New management, new vision, new direction.  It may not be fair that Rosen only had one year to prove himself to the Cards and that he and others believe that he was limited with a porous supporting cast.  That may be all well and true but a new regime came in, they clearly didnt believe in Rosen and they decided to move on from him.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  If you didnt believe in a player and you had the luxury of the #1 overall player in the draft and you believed in the guy you could draft more so than Josh, what would you do?  Just give the guy you dont believe in another year simply because you didnt want to be "unfair" to him?  

No, of course not.  

And the fact that he unfollowed them is yet another example of Josh being the douchebag that most people know him to be.  This excuse of " well, they drafted another QB so he has a right to do that" is laughable. Yeah he has a right to do that and NFL fans have a right to have their views of his doucheyness be reaffirmed.  And to my knowledge when he did this He was still employed by the Cardinals.    The best thing he should do is if he is still with the Cardinals, beat Murray out so badly during training camp and preseason, that Kingsbury would have to start him.  But no, he pulls an immature move as if he was a woman scorned and unfollowed them.  

And if you dont think that counts against him with a number of clubs decision makers and goes straight to their player profile of him, then you dont know how management works.  I can assure you that other clubs are paying attention.

I thought their gm is still the same

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

His "employer" lol

The Cards helped him recognize his life long dream cumulating from a life full of work.......if Rosen was showing ANYTHING that resembled a starting NFL QB they would not be trading him because quality guys are so hard to find.....you realize that dont you?

So yes....thanking the organization and the fans for drafting me would be the right thing to do and show that he can rise above it.

Personally I think he bounces and is out of the league

I also wish Allen could have sat under Fitz for a year.......but Allen was supposed to be the raw prospect remember?

and yes....if I was drafted in the first round by an NFL team I would thank the team for drafting me...thank the fans....and move onto my next team.

but Im not a entitled prick like Rosen

What exactly has Josh Rosen done to get you so worked up about him.  Do you know him personally?  Do you actually know he is a Jerk and a bad teammate?  Didn't think so.  I'll also bet a year ago you were ready to burn down one bills drive after passing on Rosen.   

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Kingsbury is the new coach, he is coming in with the pretense that he is the 2nd coming of Mcvay and he is getting the QB he wants.

This is not a defense of Kingsbury.  He very well may end up failing in spectacular fashion.  His decision with not giving Josh more of a chance may also be a huge mistake.   

But that's not the point.  The point I'm making is from a philosophical standpoint.  New regime should have the leeway to do things their way.  If not, they are hamstringed from following through with their vision.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He's lucky to still have a job, so I doubt he fought hard for the guy he picked last year...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028229/article/steve-keim-cardinals-fate-now-in-hands-of-kyler-murray

"Harsh -- but fair, given Keim's recent struggles on and off the field. For as he attempts to shore up a roster full of rough patches, Keim's seat is hotter than a summer afternoon in the Valley of the Sun."

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

What exactly has Josh Rosen done to get you so worked up about him.  Do you know him personally?  Do you actually know he is a Jerk and a bad teammate?  Didn't think so.  I'll also bet a year ago you were ready to burn down one bills drive after passing on Rosen.   

I do have the luxury of being able to talk to some who had been around him in college......I will leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Kingsbury is the new coach, he is coming in with the pretense that he is the 2nd coming of Mcvay and he is getting the QB he wants.

This is not a defense of Kingsbury.  He very well may end up failing in spectacular fashion.  His decision with not giving Josh more of a chance may also be a huge mistake.   

But that's not the point.  The point I'm making is from a philosophical standpoint.  New regime should have the leeway to do things their way.  If not, they are hamstringed from following through with their vision.

Well right but the normal course for a gm would be to hire a coach who would work with the qb he just drafted, he didn’t which is certainly odd and I think it’s fair to question why that is is all I was saying.

I do agree he should let the coach get the players he thinks he needs

Edited by Bray Wyatt

3 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Worked up?

You guys are the ones who are "getting worked up".

This reputation of being a douche is not something that is new, so let's not pretend this is some out-of-right-field criticism.

And no, I wasnt.  My posting history proves that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes...I think Josh Allen would thank the organization and as a fan I would not like that the team did that.

and I really dont care that he unfollowed them on social media. I just dont have a lot of faith that he would do the right thing when he gets traded.

I could be wrong....he could do the right thing when he goes.

I will say that is something I'm worried about with Rosen. Feels like wherever he ends up he'll be more focused on proving the teams that passed/traded him wrong and less on the team. Though I suppose that drive could be great if channeled well.

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

I aabsolutely agree. 

Is it a bit unfair to Rosen? Maybe. But in business, fairness rarely applies. 

I will also throw in my "Kingsbury skepticism" hat. I had just moved to Philly for the arrival of Chip Kelly. The main hailed as a genius, who had this incredible fast paced offense that was going to revolutionize the game. We've seen how that went.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

Worked up?

You guys are the ones who are "getting worked up".

This reputation of being a douche is not something that is new, so let's not pretend this is some out-of-right-field criticism.

And no, I wasnt.  My posting history proves that.

The going overboard of defending a QB we didnt even draft is a little.......well strange

but too each their own I guess.

31 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

John is the same kind of person who runs Marshawn Lynch out of town as a dirt bag. All because he had his parked car searched in CA, under probable cause because the cop smelled weed when he walked to the car. That POS tested sober and had some pot and a registered gun in the trunk. What a dirt bag...??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

He un-followed his employer who just last night screwed him over.  Would you thank your employer if you went into work tomorrow and they had a 20 year old there that was going to replace you?  Doubt it.  

This happened to me recently. Big new project, I was named the design lead, until they brought in someone younger and "better educated" (I have no degree, but I am a badass at the same joint  for 18.5 years).

Five months later, youngin is still making more money, but I am the visionary that 15 other engineers still consult for every critical decision.

I am okay with it. Less stress on me.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I also wish Allen could have sat under Fitz for a year.......but Allen was supposed to be the raw prospect remember?

and yes....if I was drafted in the first round by an NFL team I would thank the team for drafting me...thank the fans....and move onto my next team.

but Im not a entitled prick like Rosen

You gotta forgive Seabiscuit. He hates Allen because of his high school tweets, and loves Rosen because of his politics.

He went from a homer to someone who can't post without knocking down strawmen or reminding everyone that he played the game and bangs tens. Look at all of his posts. He can't comment without a "Fans are stupid cus..." or "if Josh allen was not a Bill...". He's a princess and should be treated as such.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I did like him before the draft, but as it got closer for me it came down to one thing and I posted about it.

I think he is a dick.

”Oh you mean he is a tough as nails no nonsense competitor?”

No...I think he is a dick.  People who know him personally think he is a dick.  For comparison, for those of you who think Chris Hogan is a dick, think along those same lines.

maybe it hasn’t shown in Arizona as some will defend, but that is his dickdom laying in wait.

”You don’t like his politics or how he is outspoken!”

i could careless about his politics and I love how out spoken some of the Bills are...I actually love the character it shows.

No...it is because people I know are familiar with him and he is a U.S., Grade A off the bone dick.

But Donuts, did you answer the fundamental question of whether or not he’s also a jerk IRL? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

(post of the day for you BTW!)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But Donuts, did you answer the fundamental question of whether or not he’s also a jerk IRL? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

(post of the day for you BTW!)

Huds, seriously, I have no grudge against him and after Baker he was my other early favorite for QB.

Then I read all the stuff, and didn’t believe it.  Then I talked to someone in the know with the kid and he is...um...a jerk!

...and even if they loved him, I thought he would be a guy that wouldn’t be here after five years.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

You gotta forgive Seabiscuit. He hates Allen because of his high school tweets, and loves Rosen because of his politics.

He went from a homer to someone who can't post without knocking down strawmen or reminding everyone that he played the game and bangs tens. Look at all of his posts. He can't comment without a "Fans are stupid cus..." or "if Josh allen was not a Bill...". He's a princess and should be treated as such.

It’s weird.  I have no idea who you are but you presume to know a lot about me.  Thank you for caring.  I’ll try to remember who you are. 

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s weird.  I have no idea who you are but you presume to know a lot about me.  Thank you for caring.  I’ll try to remember who you are. 

4 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

giphy.gif

Right episode, wrong animated gif

tenor.gif?itemid=10578739

• Haha (+1) 2