How many miles currently are on your car?

Another Fan

44 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

11 year old car with 71k.  Worked from home for years saving a lot of miles.  

I always drive my cars into the ground - can't stand the buying/selling process..

Mines seven years old with almost the amount of miles you have on yours.  

People always tell me to get a new car.  Do you get that a lot?

111,000 I run them into the ground because I detest the buying process.

I'm driving a 2006 Mercury Milan that I paid off back in 2010. So far this year I've put $300 into it for a new exhaust pipe. Last year I put a new battery into it. The year before I had my brakes done. This car has been cheap to operate and it was Hecho en Mexico.

Cars to me are just a mode of transportation. I don't give a crap what it looks like as long as it starts and gets me where I'm going.

47 minutes ago, teef said:

not a ton.  i move fairly close to work, and the car is a hair over a year old, so about 9700.  

New car

New office for your practice (with your OWN personal bathroom)

Land purchase

Can I visit you in your suite at New Era this season?!

• Like (+1) 1

Just hit 130,000 on my rusty old 2004 Chevy pickup.

Paid it off in '14 and I still love it as much as the day I picked it up ten years ago.

My business partner (brother in law) keeps bugging me to get a new one, but I don't want one. I couldn't care less about 'appearances'.

So I guess when the wheels fall off I'll get another, though I'm not looking forward to having a payment again, but mostly I hate worrying about scratches, dings, etc... An old truck is like an old pair of jeans- It's the most comfortable, is worn-in just right, and is reliable; even if it's not a looker.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

2300 miles. Just got the car in February. Wife's car has 11000 and she's had it a year and a half. Still can't figure out how she outs so little miles on her car 

Does she make you drive everywhere in your vehicle like my wife does?

My 3+-year-old vehicle should hit 29K next month.  Honestly, I have no idea how it has so little mileage as I have to drive to everything (not a walkable neighborhood) and have taken that vehicle to Florida three times. Hubby's vehicles get even less mileage per year than mine does. ?‍♀️

...daily driver (2018 Traverse LT) has 16,000......embarrassed to say the "toys" have (never drive the damn things):

2015 Camaro 2SS RS Convertible (Indy Commemorative #49-actually driven by GM Execs for Speed Week 2015) has 2,900 miles

2002 Roush Stage I Mustang Convertible has 23,000 original miles

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...daily driver (2018 Traverse LT) has 16,000......embarrassed to say the "toys" have (never drive the damn things):

2015 Camaro 2SS RS Convertible (Indy Commemorative #49-actually driven by GM Execs for Speed Week 2015) has 2,900 miles

How'd the Mustang make it's way into the garage. You appear to be a Chevy man.

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

How'd the Mustang make it's way into the garage. You appear to be a Chevy man.

...dammit...BUSTED!...LMAO......probably should not say I'm shopping a 2019 Grand Sport 2LT 'Vette right now........think I have a major screw loose at 66...WTF?.........

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...dammit...BUSTED!...LMAO......probably should not say I'm shopping a 2019 Grand Sport 2LT 'Vette right now........think I have a major screw loose at 66...WTF?.........

Yeah....maybe a little late for a mid life crisis, but good on you. I'm jealous ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

No you don’t. Everybody on here is conservative with their old antiques 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The problem is that car is hard to get in and out of. I’m a car guy. 6’3” here and 275lbs.

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

About 99,000 ... in less than 3 years.

You must spend an awful lot of time driving around.

I have a 2003 Mini Cooper delivered new in December 2002 with 50,000 miles on it.  

Yes, that's less than 3,000 miles a year for 17 years.  Or soon to be in December.  The first decade of the car's life I was living in DC in an extremely urban environment, worked at home, office HQ (when I had to go there) was 1.5 miles from home, and walked everywhere I went.  

Had many friends who didn't even own a car; it's unbelievable what a huge expense it adds to your life.  That becomes more obvious when you see people getting by without and you start adding up car associated costs others don't bear.

Edited by Nextmanup

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You must spend an awful lot of time driving around.

I have a 2003 Mini Cooper delivered new in December 2002 with 50,000 miles on it.  

Yes, that's less than 3,000 miles a year for 17 years.  Or soon to be in December.  The first decade of the car's life I was living in DC in an extremely urban environment, worked at home, office HQ (when I had to go there) was 1.5 miles from home, and walked everywhere I went.  

Had many friends who didn't even own a car; it's unbelievable what a huge expense it adds to your life.  That becomes more obvious when you see people getting by without and you start adding up car associated costs others don't bear.

I drive ~120/day, M-F.  It's just dropping my son off to school, then going to work, then coming home.  I spend about 50-60 bucks/week in gas.

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

2300 miles. Just got the car in February. Wife's car has 11000 and she's had it a year and a half. Still can't figure out how she outs so little miles on her car 

Simple, her boyfriend drives to her :D

I’ve got about 89K on my vehicle right now.  I drive them into the ground so I expect to have this one for a while.

16 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

My friend has 2003 SVT cobra with 8,000 miles and another friend with a 2014 roush.