Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes  read the tweet follow ups  the Receipt is attached 

Titans fan buys 20000 votes at the last minute to cheat the FoxSports best NFL Fanbase …

D3Lqxi8WsAEFeyV.jpg:large

WTF!?!?!  Should be disqualified!  I was wondering how we lost, we were killing them and was shocked when it said we lost.  They should subtract the 20,000 votes from the total

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You guess Foster will see some action?   Foster is a STARTER

Are you sure? They are bringing in a WR in the first or second round. He will have the chance to compete to start.

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

Are you sure? They are bringing in a WR in the first or second round. He will have the chance to compete to start.

How do you know they are bringing in a WR in the first or second?

You have some insider info we don't know about?

Fact is, we have NO IDEA what the Bills are doing at the draft. NONE.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, njbuff said:

How do you know they are bringing in a WR in the first or second?

You have some insider info we don't know about?

Fact is, we have NO IDEA what the Bills are doing at the draft. NONE.

Just reading the positional predraft meeting bread crumbs. 

They have had predraft visits with Metcal, Harry, and Brown. They are not wasting their time, I would be shocked if they don’t draft a WR in the first 2 rounds.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billspro said:

Just reading the positional predraft meeting bread crumbs. 

They have had predraft visits with Metcal, Harry, and Brown. They are not wasting their time, I would be shocked if they don’t draft a WR in the first 2 rounds.

You could end up being right, but they have meetings with all kinds of prospects.

So, to assume that they are drafting a WR within the first two rounds is foolhardy.

5 minutes ago, billspro said:

We dont even know if they are going to do that....they hit free agency hard at WR.

Foster made me a believer in the 2nd half of last year.....his 2nd half year stats are bonafied starter numbers.....he was was a first year guy......he stayed in Buffalo to continue to work on his game in the offseason.

I think Foster is about to become a name.   We have improved thi offensive line to give Josh Allen time.......between Foster's size and speed.....and Josh Allen's cannon.....

Yes....I think Foster is a starter

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

Doubtful they draft a WR until the 3rd day, at best.

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

What do you think they will do in the early rounds?

I think DL, LB, TE and RB.  Probably after several maneuvers and maybe using most of their picks to get them. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Wyatt Teller would have to pass through waivers to get to the practice squad. A guy who was a 5th rounder with multiple starts and only going into year 2 is not going to be bypassed by 31 other teams with the lack of Oline depth in the NFL. Ike Boettger who the Bills tried to pass up onto the PS was snatched by the Chiefs, only to return on the 53 man roster after the Chiefs cut him. 

You have 3 options with Teller Keep him on the 53, Cut him, Trade him. I think 1 and 3 are the most likely one 

Yes.. good point..

There is little chance of Teller making it through to the PS..

I have said in other threads that I believe he has some potential, and given he was a 5th round Draft Pick, I think he played to that expectation level in 2018...

I would like to see them persevere with him another year at least...

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You could end up being right, but they have meetings with all kinds of prospects.

So, to assume that they are drafting a WR within the first two rounds is foolhardy.

Most of the predraft visits have been DL, OT, and WR. And they are bringing in guys that are going to be drafted in the first three rounds. Things will definitely change on draft day but you can tell that is where they believe the position value will be early.

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We dont even know if they are going to do that....they hit free agency hard at WR.

Foster made me a believer in the 2nd half of last year.....his 2nd half year stats are bonafied starter numbers.....he was was a first year guy......he stayed in Buffalo to continue to work on his game in the offseason.

I think Foster is about to become a name.   We have improved thi offensive line to give Josh Allen time.......between Foster's size and speed.....and Josh Allen's cannon.....

I like Foster and I think he will be the starter, unless they draft Metcalf.

Well, I was hoping this signing would happen on Monday to set the tone for the week, but I’ll settle for Wednesday.

I’m psyched for the offensive line for the first time since...well, I can’t even remember since when.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Most of the predraft visits have been DL, OT, and WR. And they are bringing in guys that are going to be drafted in the first three rounds. Things will definitely change on draft day but you can tell that is where they believe the position value will be early.

I like Foster and I think he will be the starter, unless they draft Metcalf.

I honestly do not see them drafting Metcalf.  I think we are going defense with that first pick

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Boy, you are not kidding.  All in the second 8 games: 31 receptions, 371 yards and 6 TDs.  Sweet production.

Wait..wait.  Sorry, my bad.  Those are Zay's numbers.  The guy we all want to run out of town.  

SCREW YOU ZAY AND YOUR SECOND HALF OF YOUR SECOND YEAR NUMBERS THAT IF WE DIDN'T SAY YOUR NAME WOULD BE PRETTY GOOD!!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Boy, you are not kidding.  All in the second 8 games: 31 receptions, 371 yards and 6 TDs.  Sweet production.

Wait..wait.  Sorry, my bad.  Those are Zay's numbers.  The guy we all want to run out of town.  

SCREW YOU ZAY AND YOUR SECOND HALF OF YOUR SECOND YEAR NUMBERS THAT IF WE DIDN'T SAY YOUR NAME WOULD BE PRETTY GOOD!!!

Nicely done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The hate for Zay on this board is mind boggling. 

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I’m just ready to see what happens with the receiving numbers once Allen has more than 1.2 seconds in the “pocket”.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I often wonder how true that is. Lots of cliches like "need time to gel". It makes sense but I really do wonder how critical it is. I think the center and QB making the correct line adjustments is the most important issue after sheer talent, followed by simply staying healthy. If they communicate well and Daboll doesn't make the assignments too difficult to understand they will be fine. All the projected starters have lots of game experience.

its a good discussion.
I do agree center and our young QB need to get dialed in and , And keep them paired for years to come. BFF.

2 hours ago, Yav said:

Are the Bills just signing up all the OL available in FA? 

Its great to see all the additions and they aren't going to tie up salary for years to come with these 1 year contracts. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They are certainly playing the odds, right? Figure a few will come up aces.

A trade down AND getting Hock would make me as happy as a little girl.

THIS

would make me happy as leetle girl too.
want to touch my monkey.

Great SNL bit from many years ago. 

43 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes.. good point..

There is little chance of Teller making it through to the PS..

I have said in other threads that I believe he has some potential, and given he was a 5th round Draft Pick, I think he played to that expectation level in 2018...

I would like to see them persevere with him another year at least...

...agree Aussie......need to find ut what some of these youngsters have going forward and yes, he did well in 2018....going to be one helluva camp competition for the OL with some real quality......hard to remember when were we in that position.....makes sense as to why McBeane has offered one year deals in some cases...and knowing him, the guaranteed money is modest.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JM57 said:

Until the draft this is my guess:

Dawkins 

Spain

Morse

Teller

Nsheke

Morse is the easy one. Giving LG to Spain based on his experience there, flipping Teller to RG as I think he has a chance to earn a starting spot if he improved over the off-season. Dawkins at LT and Nsekhe on the right until a better option is added to the roster.

Spencer Long as the primary interior backup, both center and guard. Jon Feliciano as a backup guard. La'Adrian Waddle as the swing tackle. Keep one more somewhere if you feel it absolutely necessary, but I'd prefer they keep 8 instead of 10 like last season.

Get Teller outta there and the line is looking good. ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Love your Jack Kemp/Wray Carlton avatar! 

Me, I’m thinking this may lead us to shock everyone -League and team fan base- and select TJ Hockenson at 9. The clear favorite as best TE in recent years, and a position the Bills have had complete disregard for over 50 years. 9 is early for a TE, but I doubt he’ll be on the board much longer. Beane has shown repeatly he can find veteran gems on the scrap heap, so a pass rushing DT could still be available at a 1-2 year deal. 

I havent commented at all on any of the TJ threads, as I just didn’t see the Bills I know doing that. But my mind is changing! A def Day 1 starter who gives Allen another fine target while helping the blocking cause. 

Anyway, love the Spain signing -and the parameters, as we can tag him next year worst case, if he Balls out!

Glad you are coming around finally.

48 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

especially on such a day of happiness with this signing

and

it is a thread about Spain.

lol

Edited by 3rdand12

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Does an offense need a deep threat to open up things for the underneath receiver Or is it the other way around? 

I am very glad to see this signing. In years past it felt we would know what the Bills need to do. Then the team would do something different and then the team would not be good. Just feels like everyone is on the same page finally. Number one area needing improvement was OL. Beane has addressed it big time. Beane will draft some more oline men but they can be guys who need to develop for a season. Spain signing is huge. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We could go to war with the OL people that we have already.   OL need a couple of years to learn the new game NFL football.  We now have one or two layers of guys who are thu the learning curve and survived.   I think we will go for high ceiling guys with the first 3 picks (which might be in the top 40 players drafted) and high ceiling low floor guys with the rest of the draft.

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Since they have a starting center and like 6 candidates for 2 guard jobs and only 3 for the 2 tackle jobs(not counting C. McDermott) then that would seem to be the case at this point.

But if they draft a highly regarded LT prospect(Tytus Howard?) in the first 3 rounds I could still see them moving Dawkins inside and letting Nsekhe place hold at his best position as the LT.

BADOL, my good man, you are spot on per usual. This Nsekhe character sounds like he has performed at an elite level when given the opportunity. But it also sounds like he needs to play on the left side. Dawkins was ineffective at RT but some say he could be a great LG. But now with McBeane signing this plethora of interior lineman, getting Dawkins and Nsekhe on the same starting 5 is starting to read like an LSAT Logic Game.

• Like (+1) 4

I think they go day 2 or 3 RT who could move to LT if Dawkins doesnt improve next year.  If the guys they like aren't available I could see them punting on that for a year aswell.  The guys brought in remove Oline as a need.  If you look at the draft oline is not strong at the top.  None of the prospects will be sure upgrades over the guys they brought in or have.  I think it points to defense or skill player at 9.  

48 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

BADOL, my good man, you are spot on per usual. This Nsekhe character sounds like he has performed at an elite level when given the opportunity. But it also sounds like he needs to play on the left side. Dawkins was ineffective at RT but some say he could be a great LG. But now with McBeane signing this plethora of interior lineman, getting Dawkins and Nsekhe on the same starting 5 is starting to read like an LSAT Logic Game.

I have a feeling Beane will move around the board this draft.  With 10 picks he can do some of that.  But I don't think including Dawkins or Zay is out of the question either; although I wouldn't mind both being here for the long haul if they step up.

21 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I have a feeling Beane will move around the board this draft.  With 10 picks he can do some of that.  But I don't think including Dawkins or Zay is out of the question either; although I wouldn't mind both being here for the long haul if they step up.

I agree, he’s proven he’s not afraid to make moves. I’m expecting a trade back in the first and think he’ll use the 7ths to move up for targeted guys in the 4th and 5th rounds. I bet we end up making 8 picks.

Out oline is looking good. To turn it into a true strength by taking a guy at #9. Williams or Taylor. Maybe move down for a Dillard or Ford. #40 could be a guy like Risner or Lindstrom still on the board. 

A really good prospect would have ample time to develop behind some of our vet depth for a season or 2. Maybe that's why we wait and take a late round olineman instead. 

Can't wait to see what direction they take.