Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

The only thing I wish with this signing, was that it was for longer. That said, I also understand the Bills' perspective and his: both want a trial period to see how it goes and if it works out well, I think they both know they'll be paying a higher premium. 

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

#FreeAgentsDontWantToComeToBuffalo

LOL 

Preach Brother 

A four-year starter for the Tennessee Titans, Spain, 27, has made 48 starts in 50 career games. The West Virginia product made the Titans roster as an undrafted rookie, and was a dependable part of a Titans line that considered among the best in the league in 2016 when the club ranked third in the league in rushing.

After starting six games at guard as a rookie, Spain moved to left guard in 2016 -- starting 13 games -- and helped form one of the best offensive lines in the NFL 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was my #1 FA target for the Bills.

We got three of the 4 guys I wanted - Spain, Kroft and Morse...... great job Beano.

Well, I trust that you put a lot of thought into your research so I am happy to hear this!

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

If we draft a WR, who are we cutting? Don't understand the draft a WR talk. We are already looking at likely having to cut McKenzie or Williams.

It's not like those 2 guys are superstars, it's always a good thing to have to cut (or trade/deal) good players because the guys ahead of them are even better......

• Like (+1) 3

Great signing. Smart as well. 

Now can we finally stop talking about moving Dawkins to LG? This is your starting left guard. 

Dawkins-Spain-Morse-??????-Nsekhe

RG will be a huge battle between Teller, Feliciano, Long, Boettger, possible draft pick I think Long wins. 

I pencil Nsekhe in at RT, but I think they try to upgrade that spot in the draft. Maybe a guy like McGary. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

If we draft a WR, who are we cutting? Don't understand the draft a WR talk. We are already looking at likely having to cut McKenzie or Williams.

Take every chance to get better.

• Like (+1) 1

Def added a mean streak to the line with Feliciano, Spain, and Morse. The off-season battles are gonna be brutal. Does Bodine have the ability to play guard? I def don’t see him making the roster otherwise with Long’s ability to back up multiple spots.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Great signing. Smart as well. 

Now we can finally stop talking about moving Dawkins to LG? This is your starting left guard. 

Dawkins-Spain-Morse-??????-Nsekhe

RG will be a huge battle between Teller, Feliciano, Long, Boettger, possible draft pick I think Long wins. 

I pencil Nsekhe in at RT, but I think they try to upgrade that spot in the draft. Maybe a guy like McGary. 

That is exactly how I see it. I think this absolutely ends the Dawkins to guard talk. He is staying at tackle.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Have you watched Zay play? He wont be missed

I strongly disagree. Zay performed like a capable #2 last year, and he's still trending up. I think he'll be a reliable #2 for years to come. Brady Quinn even said he thinks Zay is a #1 going forward.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

up to 5-7 new starters at this point. 1-2 more out of the draft? 

Not it going to recognize the offense. 

Yep. Looks like the only holdovers will be Dawkins, Allen, and McCoy. I guess Foster will see some action.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It’s April. We have no idea what can happen in the next 5 months wrt injury, etc. Unless one thinks that our WR group is so good that it cannot be improved upon (lol) you absolutely draft a WR. And they filled some holes there in FA but take a guy like Beasley for example - he’s 30. what they need more than anything at that position is young, blue chip cost-controlled talent. That’s what the draft is for. Not just for this year, for the future. 

The time to “worry” about having too many good WRs that you don’t want to cut any is September, not now. 

Btw the answer is Ray Ray 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7

Just now, Codyny13 said:

Def added a mean streak to the line with Feliciano, Spain, and Morse. The off-season battles are gonna be brutal. Does Bodine have the ability to play guard? I def don’t see him making the roster otherwise with Long’s ability to back up multiple spots.

Bodine played a few games at guard at UNC because of injuries. He got some work there in OTAs and minicamp last year. I think, if Long starts at RG, then you kepe Bodine. If someone else starts at RG, Long becomes your backup center. and Bodine is gone. Feliciano and Sirles also have the ability to play center.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

Morse, Spain, and to some degree Long are upgrades. On paper Beane looks like he has done a good job. I’m not sure Nsekhe is any better than Mills and Im not sure Feliciano is any better than Teller will be. 

It will be interesting to see if they release Bodine now. If they keep him then at least one of these FA signings may not make the roster.

I doubt OT in the first round now but still could see in round 2 or 3 and Nsekhe as a one year starter at RT. Also OT early is insurance if Dawkins doesn’t rebound from a down year. I agree with other posters that having a better LG will help Dawkins a lot especially in the run game.

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The point of acquiring good players is to create competition in training camp.  Sometimes that means cutting a player that could make another team's roster.  That's acceptable if you're not getting stuck with piles of dead cap money and you end up with your 5 or 6 best receivers.  

12 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's a good thing if you have to cut mediocre players because you brought in more talent. Bring in as much talent as you can within the cap and then let the PLAYERS decide who will earn a spot on the final 53. Competition is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Morse, Spain, and to some degree Long are upgrades. On paper Beane looks like he has done a good job. I’m not sure Nsekhe is any better than Mills and Im not sure Feliciano is any better than Teller will be. 

It will be interesting to see if they release Bodine now. If they keep him then at least one of these FA signings may not make the roster.

I doubt OT in the first round now but still could see in round 2 or 3 and Nsekhe as a one year starter at RT. Also OT early is insurance if Dawkins doesn’t rebound from a down year. I agree with other posters that having a better LG will help Dawkins a lot especially in the run game.

Nsekhe is head over heals better than Mills. Just wish he was Younger 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 1