Karlos Williams conditionally reinstated by NFL

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Oh, you weren't kidding. 

Man I love this board.  

Today I learned that it is antiquated for me to think it is anything but all right, excusable, and understandable to impregnate multiple women at the same time. 

Its your biological drive to do so.  Totally understandable. 

I guess I don't recognize your authority on the topic of morality.  Do you even have a beard?

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

question.

are you here to try and educate people of your standards of life? how you live or feel it should be?  or are you here to share how much it bothers you about how someone else leads their life?

outside looking in it seems you had the inclination to come in to this thread to share how you feel about how a football player, who has nothing to to with you or your life, yet made it clear he's a scumbag because well, his lifestyle doesn't suit you.

then even questioned the world someone must live in because they don't give two ***** about how said player lives.

I just liked the way he ran the ball and if he has made some changes in life to his advantage, learned from his mistakes and been reinstated, bring him in. I watch for entertainment, solely entertainment and since I don't ride a high horse or feel I'm above it all, I could care less what karlos does/did with his personal life.

The Romans watched gladiators die solely for entertainment.  I think there is a real danger to the moral fiber of society in extracting entertainment from role models that may represent the worst in society. That's beside the point, though.  

Honestly, I didn't see any of this conversation coming.  In the world I live, which doesn't include church or anything of the like, what he did is universally condemnable.  I had no idea there were people out there who would disagree with that.  Genuinely.  But here we are. I mean, millions of women marched around the country after Trump was elected to protest the type of conduct that represents the "lifestyle" that doesn't suit me.  So please, spare me your condescension.  

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its your biological drive to do so.  Totally understandable. 

I guess I don't recognize your authority on the topic of morality.  Do you even have a beard?

Sure, in our most primitive forms we procreated with as many people as possible.  We also murdered and rape.  But we civilized ourselves.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The Romans watched gladiators die solely for entertainment.  I think there is a real danger to the moral fiber of society in extracting entertainment from role models that may represent the worst in society. That's beside the point, though.  

Honestly, I didn't see any of this conversation coming.  In the world I live, which doesn't include church or anything of the like, what he did is universally condemnable.  I had no idea there were people out there who would disagree with that.  Genuinely.  But here we are. I mean, millions of women marched around the country after Trump was elected to protest the type of conduct that represents the "lifestyle" that doesn't suit me.  So please, spare me your condescension.  

Sure, in our most primitive forms we procreated with as many people as possible.  We also murdered and rape.  But we civilized ourselves.  

should I be weeping here? I never said what he did was right or wrong nor did I agree or disagree. I just made it clear I could care less. 

oh, and save your history lesson for someone else. 

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

should I be weeping here? I never said what he did was right or wrong nor did I agree or disagree. I just made it clear I could care less. 

oh, and save your history lesson for someone else. 

I literally NEVER SAID YOU SHOULD.  I began this whole thing with "To be fair, it shouldn't disqualify him from playing football." 

For whatever reason, you took it as a personal affront that I thought he was a scum bag.  

Lastly, ignoring history lessons is probably how you ended up in a place where you could find terrible behavior excusable so long as you were personally entertained.  

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I guess its a good thing @JoshAllenHasBigHands isn't running the country or we would all be living under Sharia law.

You got me, my opinion that he is a scum bag (but that him being a scum bag is no reason not let him play football) is the same thing as Sharia law.  

Exact same thing. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lots of banter here...but...

In all honesty, I would absolutely bring this kid into camp.  Will cost nothing, so there is no risk.  Talent was never an issue, it was maturity.  People grow, I mean my cousin was jackoff until his late 20's, now he is a celebrity chef, opened his own restaurant and won best restaurant in his county all 3 years its been open.  

Bring the kid in, see if he can spark some of that ability again and if he has matured.  Worst case, he is a quick cut.  Regarding his size, he was the RB version of Josh Allen...deceptively fast for his size.  Big guy could really move and was also a good receiver out of the backfield too.  

I say bring him in, I mean there is no reason not to at this point.  Not like our RB situation is superb, we got 2 guys on wrong side of 30, and the lead one McCoy dances too much and our run game was better with a bigger straight line guy anyway.  At the very least, Karlos should push Ivory for his spot.   

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

question.

are you here to try and educate people of your standards of life? how you live or feel it should be?  or are you here to share how much it bothers you about how someone else leads their life?

outside looking in it seems you had the inclination to come in to this thread to share how you feel about how a football player, who has nothing to to with you or your life, yet made it clear he's a scumbag because well, his lifestyle doesn't suit you.

then even questioned the world someone must live in because they don't give two ***** about how said player lives.

I just liked the way he ran the ball and if he has made some changes in life to his advantage, learned from his mistakes and been reinstated, bring him in. I watch for entertainment, solely entertainment and since I don't ride a high horse or feel I'm above it all, I could care less what karlos does/did with his personal life.

Christ, the guy just chimed in with his opinion that Karlos is a scumbag....after multiple people had already opined that "he seemed like a good guy".   Not that big a deal!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love a redemption turn my life around story. Let's see how this plays out before we condemn Karlos. We do not know his situation yet. I know past actions are the best predictor of future actions, however, he could be an exception and go on to being a great person after all the poor lifestyle choices he did in his past. I am rooting for him wherever he plays.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Definitely wasn't after his rookie year. I am also doubtful he can come back after 3 yrs away.

Wont be an easy climb back, but literally no risk here if we bring him in.  He either comes in and is just too far from playing that we don't sign him.  Or he at least looks like he is in fairly good shape or better, we sign him and if he just is too far gone he is a quick and easy cut.  

I would kick the tires, without question and see what tread is there.  If enough tread, take it for a spin.  If it drives good, buy it cheap.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The Roman's? Really?

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You also thought no one on the Bills roster would mind if a dude who banged a teammates wife was added to the team.  You clearly haven't the foggiest idea what the team, players or management, think.  

Also, I never said what he did would disqualify him.  I didn't even suggest he would be a problem in the locker room.  I just said he was a scum bag.  

Did the locker room mind if one of their team mates cheated on his fiancé, then married the woman he cheated with, then cheated on his wife with a college girl in Buffalo?

Do they care that another one of their team mates called HIS baby mama "worthless", a "BUM" and "a dirty alley girl"? 

No, they don't care.  You have even conceded this, yet you say I don't know what they think.  I think they don't care, unless you have evidence to support your goofy claim that these are somehow men of honor in the locker room.

I’m not concerned as much with the kids he has had with women as there are more than enough players who have done the same thing.  I have no idea if he is providing proper support for them.

If he is in fantastic shape, and has a clean record, he can help this team for not a lot of money.  I’d be open, if he is really in tip top shape as he was impactful in his rookie year.  He probably would be an upgrade with those conditions than Ivory simply because of his age.  He’d have to have a tight leash.

Lastly, ignoring history lessons is probably how you ended up in a place where you could find terrible behavior excusable so long as you were personally entertained.  

you don't watch football to be entertained?

you have no clue. show me where I said it was excusable?  tell me, where is this such place that I ended up?

I know one thing, I don't live in a bubble like you do and I don't involve myself in others personal business. the guy can bang as many women and have as many kids as he wants to.

he doesn't sit at my dinner table or answer to me so why should I give a flying ***** what he does.

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

To be fair, it was nothing that should disqualify him from football. 

He has like 7 kids with three women.  He was with the mother of like four of his kids (the vocal one on twitter), knocked her up again, and then left her for a different woman he knocked up.  Then he went back to her, and then left her again.  That story probably doesn't mean much in isolation, but following them on twitter and instagram while it unfolded revealed just how scummy he was.  

Again, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to play football or anything, and lots of guys do that stuff, but watching it in real time left a pretty poor taste in my mouth. 

Does he just not know where babies come from? There are ways to prevent pregnancy...

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did the locker room mind if one of their team mates cheated on his fiancé, then married the woman he cheated with, then cheated on his wife with a college girl in Buffalo?

Do they care that another one of their team mates called HIS baby mama "worthless", a "BUM" and "a dirty alley girl"? 

No, they don't care.  You have even conceded this, yet you say I don't know what they think.  I think they don't care, unless you have evidence to support your goofy claim that these are somehow men of honor in the locker room.

I'm going to say the same thing I said last time I interacted with you.  I consider you the dumbest person I have ever encountered on the internet. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I'm going to say the same thing I said last time I interacted with you.  I consider you the dumbest person I have ever encountered on the internet. 

Come on....don't fold so easily! 

Answer the simple question:   Did the locker room mind if one of their team mates cheated on his fiancé, then married the woman he cheated with, then cheated on his wife with a college girl in Buffalo?

Is he a scumbag as well? 

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Answer the simple question:   Did the locker room mind if one of their team mates cheated on his fiancé, then married the woman he cheated with, then cheated on his wife with a college girl in Buffalo?

Is he a scumbag as well? 

The Bills have repeatedly shown that they will NOT tolerate any impropriety from their teammates when it comes to women.  Infidelity, objectification, verbal abuse, alleged physical abuse, and hot chicks parties are all verboten.   Behavior like this liable to get you kicked off of the bus and stranded on the Jersey turnpike.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

KW somehow manage to dodge domestic violence charges, but since that "investigation" was handled by the (on) crack officers of the Tallahassee PD (those folks who also let Jameis Winston off the hook), I'm not sold that he isn't just Ray Rice redux.  Dude has 7 children, and he's 25 years old.  He's clearly not making good life choices.  

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

If the guy really turned it around and has himself in shape, I'd take him back.  We need to restock on players named Williams.

I'm all for restocking Williamses, but not this POS.

59 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you don't watch football to be entertained?

you have no clue. show me where I said it was excusable?  tell me, where is this such place that I ended up?

I know one thing, I don't live in a bubble like you do and I don't involve myself in others personal business. the guy can bang as many women and have as many kids as he wants to.

he doesn't sit at my dinner table or answer to me so why should I give a flying ***** what he does.

I don't think fans should get that kind of pass.  If you found out Jim Kelly was a white supremacist, would you feel differently about your fandom? Do you think it would be OK to be a fan (with all the support that entails) if the guy actively promoted racism (or something like that)? 

I think that just because we like them as fans, it does not mean they should get a pass for all types of egregious conduct. And I, personally, am allowed to not be fan of someone if they act like a scum bag.  You are welcome to disagree, I literally never said you couldn't. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is he a scumbag as well? 

Listen, real talk.  I'm not going to engage with you any more because I genuinely do not think you are bright enough to have a decent conversation.  This comment, for example.  You think you have made a good point.  But you do not understand the nuances of what is being discussed here such that you can't even understand why this is so dumb. 

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Oh, you weren't kidding. 

Man I love this board.  

Today I learned that it is antiquated for me to think it is anything but all right, excusable, and understandable to impregnate multiple women at the same time. 

Maybe Karlos is a devout Mormon.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Haha (+1) 2

Furthermore.....if the NFL reinstated him, he must have his drug use under control. Im sure with maturity comes better choices, both with regard to drugs and to his romantic life. 

I could care less who he has kids with and blah blah blah....let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Give the guy a chance. A clean slate.  Thats what the league is doing. 

I don't think fans should get that kind of pass.  If you found out Jim Kelly was a white supremacist, would you feel differently about your fandom? Do you think it would be OK to be a fan (with all the support that entails) if the guy actively promoted racism (or something like that)?

So now we've equated murder and white supremacy with infidelity/multiple children?

I think it's clear that Karlos has made some questionable life decisions, but these are strawmen arguments.

This is a football team, not a church choir. I would have no problem kicking the tires on Karlos assuming he's gotten himself into shape. He runs downhill and he runs with a purpose. Again, this is assuming the conditioning issues have been addressed.

• Like (+1) 1