Is Robbie Anderson worth a second rounder.

If the Jets tender WR Robby Anderson at a 2nd round rate should we make an offer.  We would likely have to pay him well but may get away with it given their coaching search.

He is a talker WR and I like what Ive seen from him.

Really would feel like a Pats move huh.

Guess I need to clarify that he is a RFA.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

You're fine giving up a 2nd rounder for Robby Anderson, despite his multiple off-field issues, but you're dead set against giving up a first rounder for either Antonio Brown or Julio Jones?

Sorry; I don't get it.

As for Robby, no, I wouldn't give a 2. Robby is a nice player, but I had a R3 grade on him coming out of Temple; I feel like equal players can (and will) come from the middle rounds of the next 2 drafts.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Isn't this the dude that told a cop he was gonna nut in his wife's eye? 

Yeah, he's already had a couple of off the field incidents I believe. Just a matter of time imo. 

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You're fine giving up a 2nd rounder for Robby Anderson, despite his multiple off-field issues, but you're dead set against giving up a first rounder for either Antonio Brown or Julio Jones?

Sorry; I don't get it.

As for Robby, no, I wouldn't give a 2. Robby is a nice player, but I had a R3 grade on him coming out of Temple; I feel like equal players can (and will) come from the middle rounds of the next 2 drafts.

Anderson is 24 or 25. Jones and Broen are in their 30s. Pretty common sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It's "common sense" to think it's a better investment to give up a 2nd round pick and a new contract to a guy who averages 700 yards and 5 TDs per season than to give up a 1st for one of the 3 best WRs in football because he's younger?

That's not sensical--common or otherwise--in any way whatsoever.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Please dont quote him in my thread.  I have him blocked and you are wasting your time arguing with him.  You could show him a picture of a red apple and he would insist that its green.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

There's no chance they tender him just at the 2nd round tender.

Im hoping with a new coaching staff they would they would be less inclined to tender him higher or match.  But I did think of that and it is why I specified 2nd.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Please dont quote him in my thread.  I have him blocked and you are wasting your time arguing with him.  You could show him a picture of a red apple and he would insist that its green.

Im hoping with a new coaching staff they would they would be less inclined to tender him higher or match.  But I did think of that and it is why I specified 2nd.

Wow. Sensitive huh?

Here's a hint: if you want an echo chamber where thoughts aren't challenged you're in the wrong place.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

No.  Why not draft our own guy with a two?  Find a better guy for “the process”. 

Because WR usually take 2 to 3 years to develope.  Anderson is already looking good.

I am concerned about drops but I havnt been able to find any reliable data.  I dont recall seeing an issue with it when I watched him but it was an issue in college.

23 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It's "common sense" to think it's a better investment to give up a 2nd round pick and a new contract to a guy who averages 700 yards and 5 TDs per season than to give up a 1st for one of the 3 best WRs in football because he's younger?

Really? Want to make a wager who has more total yards over the next 4 years? Because I'm pretty sure it will be Anderson.

I like Anderson and think he would be good with Josh. That said, with Foster's emergence and Zay's late push, the Bills may be able to get away with one major acquisition for WR instead of two, and that guy needs to either be or have potential to be a true #1 WR. And that ain't Anderson. We need a true 1 and maybe a decent 4. Anderson is a 2-3. 

Robby Anderson is legit,  top 10 talent when he is focused on football. One of the few guys that made Tre look pedestrian. A week after that he scorched GB. Anderson is light years ahead of Foster and Zay.

Edited by CommonCents

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

If the Jets tender WR Robby Anderson at a 2nd round rate should we make an offer.  We would likely have to pay him well but may get away with it given their coaching search.

Tough to say.  I guess the debate here is, if Anderson would be more valueable than a WR that you could take in the 2nd round.  

In 2019, I would say that Anderson likely will perform at a higher level than most of the WRs would their rookie year.  Over time though, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that a WR could exceed Anderson’s output.  It all depends how much pressure the Bills are to win in 2019.  My guess would be that they wouldn’t give up an asset for Anderson and as discussed here, he doesn’t seem to be the type of player they want in the locker room 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Really? Want to make a wager who has more total yards over the next 4 years? Because I'm pretty sure it will be Anderson.

Well, you're on the record.

As the board's A-1 original Robby Anderson booster, I don't think I'm selling him short when i call him a solid WR2.

There is, however, no real basis for believing that he'll eclipse guys like Julio or AB.

Then again, you also once told me that habanero peppers cure cancer ;)

Edited by thebandit27

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

As the board's A-1 original Robby Anderson booster, I don't think I'm selling him short when i call him a solid WR2.

There is, however, no real basis for believing that he'll eclipse guys like Julio or AB.

Entering next season the Bills will probably add a #2 caliber receiver to be our #1 receiver. I don't see this regime going out of its comfort zone of adding mid-level talent. My sense is that the Bills will have little interest in getting a Julio Jones or AB type of talent through a trade because I don't see this brain trust giving up a first round pick for any player at any position. 

Just now, JohnC said:

Entering next season the Bills will probably add a #2 caliber receiver to be our #1 receiver. I don't see this regime going out of its comfort zone of adding mid-level talent. My sense is that the Bills will have little interest in getting a Julio Jones or AB type of talent through a trade because I don't see this brain trust giving up a first round pick for any player at any position. 

Oh I imagine that's true. In fact, I've prepared myself for Devin Funchess to be the "big" acquisition at WR, which would be...underwhelming.

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Robby Anderson is legit,  top 10 talent when he is focused on football. One of the few guys that made Tre look pedestrian. A week after that he scorched GB. Anderson is light years ahead of Foster and Zay.

He's ahead based on experience.  Foster could very well be a better WR.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh I imagine that's true. In fact, I've prepared myself for Devin Funchess to be the "big" acquisition at WR, which would be...underwhelming.

By maintaining a low expectation you will be rewarded with having your expectation being met. You might be dissatisfied with a Funchess-like acquisition but I would consider it an upgrade. I would take two of those middling players and walk away with a smile on my face. There are times when thinking small can make you walk away with a smile on your face. That is one of my Forest Gump traits that makes me easy to please.  

46 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Top 10 in the NFL?  How do you get to that conclusion? 

44 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Exactly this. Grow up OP. 

Wow I think you need to look and see who needs to grow up.  The reason he is blocked is because he doesnt pay attention to what hes reading.  If he did  he would already know why I would take give a second rounder for Anderson and not the 9th overall pick straight up for Brown or Julio at this point.  I mentioned several times in the other thread that it was because of where we are at in the rebuild process. You arent familiar with the conversations from before and there are many of them.  Im sick of wasting time discussing anything with someone that isnt going to consider whats being said.  They dont have to agree with it just actually consider what you are reading.  So rather than argue with someone like that and lose my cool I blocked him.  Which is very grown up and wise considering I do lose my cool from time wish I didnt but I do.

You mister internet tough guy need to mind your own business and grow up.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Nope until he gets his off field issues squared away. 

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Sorry; I don't get it.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Wow. Sensitive huh?

Here's a hint: if you want an echo chamber where thoughts aren't challenged you're in the wrong place.

Then again, you also once told me that habanero peppers cure cancer ;)

51 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Hey buddy.?