Derek Anderson Has Finally Cleared the NFL Concussion Protocol; Speaks to the Media for the 1st Time Since Being Injured

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

This is great news. Now he needs to retire to save his brain. 

Not sure how effective Culley has been as qb coach. We should just designate Anderson as qb mentor. Allen seems to benefit from his presence. Hell, let him wear a uniform if he wants to; start a new trend for coaching staff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 12-14: Derek Anderson Has Finally Cleared the NFL Concussion Protocol; Could Be the #2 QB vs. the Lions
1 minute ago, Tcali said:

Barkley has the best game by a Bills QB this season.

Rodak.."we'll see who is #2"--I really and truly hope that he is kidding or being ironic or cleverly stating

how much he mistrusts the current coaching staff

:huh: That's a quote from McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

Close to a worlds record for NFL concussion protocol. He should just retire after the season. Barkley looked much better than Anderson with even less prep time. He should be the backup. As for McDs comment, we know not to read too much into that. Competitive advantage or whatever he wants to call it. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Close to a worlds record for NFL concussion protocol. He should just retire after the season. Barkley looked much better than Anderson with even less prep time. He should be the backup. As for McDs comment, we know not to read too much into that. Competitive advantage or whatever he wants to call it. 

Competive advantage?  The Lions are preparing for Allen and no other QB. 

• Haha (+1) 1

After entering the concussion protocol following the Monday Night Football game with the New England Patriots back in October, Buffalo Bills quarterback Derek Anderson is finally able to suit up once again.

Head coach Sean McDermott made the announcement on Friday that Anderson, who was injured late in the October 29th matchup with the Patriots, has cleared the league’s concussion protocol.

The veteran quarterback had been participating in practice on a limited basis for several weeks, but was still not cleared to play in any games. That changed on Friday, yet McDermott would not commit to Anderson or Matt Barkley as the backup to Josh Allen on Sunday when his team plays the Detroit Lions at New Era Field.

“We’ll see. We’ll take it one day at a time right now. I want to get him back going and making sure he comes out good here,” McDermott said when asked if Anderson would take over the No. 2 role.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 12-14: Derek Anderson Has Finally Cleared the NFL Concussion Protocol; Speaks to the Media for the 1st Time Since Coming Being Injured
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Derek Anderson Has Finally Cleared the NFL Concussion Protocol; Speaks to the Media for the 1st Time Since Being Injured
On 12/14/2018 at 10:57 AM, Dr. Who said:

Not sure how effective Culley has been as qb coach. We should just designate Anderson as qb mentor. Allen seems to benefit from his presence. Hell, let him wear a uniform if he wants to; start a new trend for coaching staff. 

I ran across a poster who knew a lot more about Culley than I did, and had nothing but praise for what he can do for a QB. I was willing to take a "wait and see approach"

I think that McBeane knew that they were going to go all-in for a QB last year and there is a reason they pulled in Culley and Daboll who spent 2 years as a QB coach and has had endorsements from QBs he has worked with. 

I do think that there is a difference between having QB coaches to turn to and having a veteran QB on the sideline with a clipboard helping settle the nerves. Maybe a young QB is a bit more comfortable asking situational questions from someone who has actually been there done that.

Whatever the formula, I think it is clear that Josh is learning week from week and he seems to have the right people around him that are helping him get there.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Crafty McD keeping the Cheaters in the dark - they'll have to prepare for both backup QBs now

• Haha (+1) 1