Did McCoy Quit or Did the Bills Shelve Him?

Gugny

There is a lot you can say about McCoy's "character issues" but quitting on his team isn't one. He hit his head hard and got knocked silly. As for the conspiracy theory on the Bills putting him into concussion protocol so that they could trade him. Wouldn't doing that lower his trade value? Makes no sense.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who asked the television, "where the hell did he hurt his head?"

The phantom injury play is likely the last play for McCoy as a Bill.

I don't think he's got quit in him, so I'm more inclined to believe that the Bills are just protecting their future 3rd or 4th round pick.

One thing's for damn sure, though .... the whole "McCoy is in concussion protocol," thing is a bunch of crap.  

Why dont you smash your head into the turf like he did, then report back to us how it felt. Also, let us know what residual effects that trauma to your skull had. 

McCoy off the field.....another story but on the field what I have witnessed the last 3+ years is a guy who is a good teammate and a true gamer.  he plays injured.  He played most of a season with  hurt hamstring where he may have been able to get healthy by taking a couple games off.  He played that playoff game with an ankle injury.  The guy is a gamer.  

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who asked the television, "where the hell did he hurt his head?"

I don't think he's got quit in him, so I'm more inclined to believe that the Bills are just protecting their future 3rd or 4th round pick.

One thing's for damn sure, though .... the whole "McCoy is in concussion protocol," thing is a bunch of crap.  

The Bills would have a better chance of trading him if he was featured and had a good game against a poor defense then to try and trade him after saying he is going through a concussion.  Makes no sense...

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Watch it again -

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

^^^ I think we really know what is a bunch of crap... and it isn't coming from OBD. ^^^

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

McCoy planned to land on his head and give himself a concussion. He almost had us fooled.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

He landed directly on his head.  Try banging your head against concrete and see how it feels.  That turf is no joke.  It's hard as a rock.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Love your profile pic

5 hours ago, scorp15 said:

We're you watching ? His ankle was at a 90 degree angle with someone coming down on him. I thought it was broken for sure.

The head was an after thought

Yep. That ankle twist looked gruesome. And he wasn’t even limping afterwards. Unnatural flexibility.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Drama anyone? Man this board!

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and "concussion protocol" is determined by league medical personnel (I think) versus being a team "conspiratorial" decision............

OldTime AFL is spot on! 

• Haha (+1) 1

This is incredibly dumb. The very first thing I noticed on the play was that he landed head first. I didn't even notice the ankle until they came back from commercial and showed the slow motion.

Even if you are blind and didn't see him landing on his head - he torqued the hell out of that ankle. I don't know how anyone could look at that play and claim he's faking. Just utterly ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest Mike147
6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Had McCoy gone off with a different injury, let's say a stubbed toe, then perhaps I could see where you are coming from (e.g. like some Dolphins fans questioning where RT's injury came from and whether it's legit or an excuse to let them play Osweiler). However, concussion protocol is independent and unless McCoy can realistically fake a concussion, it's highly improbable that this injury is bogus.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

V3T9Q.gif

I say that in only the most respectful, affectionate manner. If you watch the replay, you can easily see him come down hard, with his head being the primary and initial point of contact. 

I don't see him feigning an injury to get out of playing.

Edited by devldog131

I am all for crazy threads, but this thread is a little sad. I am not a huge McCoy fan, but he plays hard and he obviously fell on his head very hard. I think the Bills move him before Monday Night but if they don't and he plays he will give 100% I really doubt he is here though. The Bills aren't going to win or lose a game based on whether or not he is on the roster. I actually prefer Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Where do you come up with this crap? He hit his head on the ground. Plain as day.

LeSean doesn’t strike me as the type to lay low and keep quiet if the Bills put him on ice for no good medical reason. Also, does McD enjoy standing at the podium to answer questions following a bad loss to the point that he wouldn’t have as many able bodies out there as possible with what little talent there is in the offensive cupboard right now?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Maybe Gungy should be in concussion protocol?  MODs can you do this?