How and Why The Bills Could Win Monday Night

Kevin1778

31 minutes ago, H2o said:

No, just no. The only way to beat the Pats is to get to Brady consistently with pressure up the middle. We don't do that. He will pick us apart as usual and they will gash the defense with draws or jet sweeps. It won't even be close by halftime. The defense will tire out quickly because the offense can't move the ball. 

This ^^  Right here....this.  Folks it is going to be typical ugly.  The Bills are not mentally ready nor do they possess the intestinal fortitude to hand the Pats a loss on MNF.....they miiiiight hang close but the real money says blowout by 1/2 time.  Hate to say - will hate to watch it but it is what it is.......

54 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

1. GET TURNOVERS. The Patriots have turned the ball over 14x. Only 4 teams have turned it over more. With rain and cold temperatures expected, the Bills should feast on the Patriots sloppy offense.

2. RUN THE BALL. The Patriots have struggled mightily to stop the run. Their 24th ranked run defense should allow the Bills to control the clock.

1 + 2 = Win.

Before anyone goes crazy, ask yourselves if you thought the 0-2 Bills could win on the road at the Vikings. How did they do it? They won the turnover battle 3-0 and won the rushing game 128 yards to 14 yards. The Patriots are an ideal matchup for the Bills. They turn the ball over and they can't stop the run. 

Originally thought this was a loss, but now believe the Bills win.

Bills 20. Pats 17.

Ummmmm NO.

52 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

1. GET TURNOVERS. The Patriots have turned the ball over 14x. Only 4 teams have turned it over more. With rain and cold temperatures expected, the Bills should feast on the Patriots sloppy offense.

2. RUN THE BALL. The Patriots have struggled mightily to stop the run. Their 24th ranked run defense should allow the Bills to control the clock.

1 + 2 = Win.

Before anyone goes crazy, ask yourselves if you thought the 0-2 Bills could win on the road at the Vikings. How did they do it? They won the turnover battle 3-0 and won the rushing game 128 yards to 14 yards. The Patriots are an ideal matchup for the Bills. They turn the ball over and they can't stop the run. 

Bills 20. Pats 17.

The Buffalo fans are the main reason they win. Bills fans haven't had squat to cheer for in 20 years and they still fill that stadium and are rabid crazy on game day. The Bills at home go over the 100% effort threshold because of the energy that the fans provide them. If we win this game it's because we are playing at home.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

As a Bills fan, I just laid out five grand on the Patriots* to beat the 17 point spread.

Oy. I don't know if I would have done that.

I'm looking at a close game, at least inside the spread.

52 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Goliath must stumble sometime. Why not Monday? No one on that team is taking the Bills seriously so I like this as a trap game. At the very least will be a lot closer than people think, maybe down to the last few min of the 4th. 

The Vikes are no Pats. Bills get destroyed on Monday Brady and Bellycheat will make sure of that.

1 hour ago, Kevin1778 said:

1 + 2 = Win.

Bills 20. Pats 17.

Just one little problem.  They have this guy named Brady.

1 hour ago, cd1 said:

Please PM me the number for your dealer... ?

... asking for a friend... ?

Word....do you deliver through the mail....asking for a friend as well lol

52 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i've been reading for many years how easy it is to shut down Brady, just put some pressure on him and seal off all his options, that's all it takes

Yeah I’ve been watching for years that same plan fail repeatedly. I think once we were in a decent position to win a few years ago before Roscoe fumbled the punt 

This game reminds me alot of the 07 Monday night game against Dallas. We had trent Edwards at qb in his rookie season, I think we had 1, maybe 2 wins going into that game. Yes we lost and it was brutal. Anything can happen on mnf though. I still think we lose, but it'd be fun if we can at least stay in it until the end 

49 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The bills have a chance to win, to the point that it’s still an “any given Sunday (or Monday) type of league.” 

But the Patriots fall victim to that least of anyone, and I doubt it’ll happen.

BB is a great coach and he keeps his players focused on the task at hand better then anyone. The Patriots will not be looking past us. Especially because it is a division game and they know how our well our defense can play. Anything can happen of course but the patriots will not be caught surprised by anything we do. So if we do win it will be from capitalizing off of mistakes. And creating turn overs. Not because we were underestimated or over looked

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This game reminds me alot of the 07 Monday night game against Dallas. We had trent Edwards at qb in his rookie season, I think we had 1, maybe 2 wins going into that game. Yes we lost and it was brutal. Anything can happen on mnf though. I still think we lose, but it'd be fun if we can at least stay in it until the end 

When they came back and beat us in the fourth? That was a tough loss

1 + 2 = Win.

Bills 20. Pats 17.

giphy.gif

the vikings are not the patriots**

The only chance for the Bills to win lies with Brady being knocked out of the game early. Otherwise, it’s a wrap. There’s no replay of the Minnesota game in store here. The Bills offense isn’t even functional, and that alone will give the Pats* about 5 extra possessions. Possibly more with turnovers. That probably equals 28 points on its own. Add in NE’s usual 30 points or so and this one is out of hand. The MNF booth will be into their blowout material halfway through the second quarter. 

• Like (+1) 1

In 2 of their 3 road games they scored 10 points and 20 points. 

Not sure if you watched those games, but I’d rather be playing that Pats* team than the current one. They had pretty much no WRs, so the strategy was simple. Double Gronkowski and stop the run. It’s a totally different game now that they have some WR threats again. 

10 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

When they came back and beat us in the fourth? That was a tough loss

It was more than that. Bills forced 5 Dallas turnovers that night. Edwards threw an interception at the 3 yard line (if I remember right) that got returned either for a td, or the other side of the field. Then with like 50 seconds left and Dallas down by 2, they kick an on sides kick and recover the ball. Then proceed to go down field and get to the edge of field goal range, and Dallas's kicker boots a 55 yard fg to win the game. I remember I couldn't even sleep that night. That game was by far one of the hardest losses as a bills fan during the drought years 

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

So the Pats who have score 38,38,38,43 in their last 4 games are going to only score 17 against the Bills.

Right. 

Just think of how many more points they would have scored if those 14 TOs had not completely derailed their offensive output.

Oh and the Bills 20th ranked run game should give them fits. 

As a fan, we just don't want to be embarrassed.  Therefore, on every offensive possession we should run the ball as much as possible while running the play clock under 3 seconds every play.  Hopefully we can pick up a first down on most possessions and repeat this strategy as often as possible.  That way the final score won't be completely embarrassing.  Maybe we can lose 27-10 or something like that instead of 56-3.

That said, this is not how players and coaches are thinking and they are going to try their best and hopefully keep it within 20 points that way.  Anyone thinking we have a chance to actually win this game is fooling themselves.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

So the Pats who have score 38,38,38,43 in their last 4 games are going to only score 17 against the Bills.

Right. 

You mean like last year when they lost to the Phins on MNF after putting up 41 33 35 and 23? Not saying at all its happening my money is full NE but the past games have zero impact on present outcome nor do they guarantee what should happen.

A big, flukey, turnover ratio in our favor is probably about the only thing that would result in us winning this game, along with a near lights-out D performance and total frustration for Tom Brady.

Rex totally confused Brady a couple years ago in WNY and had him as much off his game as I've seen in years, so it can be done.

2 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

1 + 2 = Win.

Bills 20. Pats 17.

Didn't read post.  Consults common sense, clearly not so common here...hell no.

22 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

A big, flukey, turnover ratio in our favor is probably about the only thing that would result in us winning this game, along with a near lights-out D performance and total frustration for Tom Brady.

Rex totally confused Brady a couple years ago in WNY and had him as much off his game as I've seen in years, so it can be done.

While a big turnover ratio could happen, I don't see the defense putting up 20 points.  The offense might blindly find their way to a field goal.