Draft another qb next year

If you have to draft a qb then beane should be fired first. That’s the only way it’s happening idk how people don’t realize this. You don’t give up multiple assests and bail on a top 10 qb and get to keep your job and pick a qb next year . Just stop with the non sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ******* said:

Please please please . Allen is atrocious can’t teach accuracy 

I"ve been saying this for a few weeks now.

No way will the McBeane establishment do this.

It is on Pegula to order that it be done, especially if we have a top 3 pick.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Allen was fvcking great today.  You are so clueless.  Get him some weapons and we are going to be fine. 

Let's try getting an OC and QB coach who can actually develop a young QB that was know to actually need development help when he was drafted.  Getting another QB and doing the same thing we're doing now will only lead to more futility.  So we want two QBs who struggle next year?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If I see zero progression from Josh the rest of the year I would say why not select another QB high and let them fight it out. We have to get this crap right. Not sure Beane should be around if we have to consider this though. 

I'm still in Josh's corner though. He deserves more time before placing any label on him. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Almost every GM in football drafts for potential and ceiling. Allen is nowhere close to where he’ll be. You can teach accuracy to a point, by correcting mechanics. He’s not ready and wasn’t even supposed to be playing yet. The split second reaction of this board to toss players after a cpl of games is crazy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

We have a bad offensive line and Zay Jones is our best receiver.  Allen was getting going just as he got injured.  How good was Dashaun Watson today?  We win that game with Josh Allen in there.  He is never going to be the 65% completion percentage guy but he makes plays happen with he feet and when he gets outside the pocket.  He is going to win games with a better offensive line and some weapons around him.  Give him this year to develop and he is going to make you guys look silly.

Just now, peterpan said:

Trade mCcoy for foles.  It makes too much sense.  If he walks as a fa we get a third round comp pick.  We can tag him for a few years if Allen does develop.  Sign him long term if he works out

This would be the only way I see trading McCoy

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Let’s revisit in 10 weeks.

I'm the leader of the "Draft another QB" club, but your proposal is fine with me.

The cries for a new QB will only grow in number and intensity as the season unfolds.

5 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Almost every GM in football drafts for potential and ceiling. Allen is nowhere close to where he’ll be. You can teach accuracy to a point, by correcting mechanics. He’s not ready and wasn’t even supposed to be playing yet. The split second reaction of this board to toss players after a cpl of games is crazy. 

The problem is is that he's the same quarterback he was in college. He does the same things, has the same shortcomings and hasn't made any leap yet. His accuracy is awful. Just like it was in college. Okay so 5 games in, but you know what? Sit him. Let's find somebody who can at least move the chains while we wait for this guy to develop. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Agreed from Bills standpoint. Roseman hasn’t shown a willingness to deal him though and who would the Eagles have behind Wentz then?

True but it's like get something now or nothing for Foles before hitting FA unless the Eagles want to pay him 20mill per his contract next year which isn't happening.

• Like (+1) 1

As poor as Allen has been i think you have to give him next season. With a bit more help maybe we get something out of him. One consideration is that Allen wouldn't be able to make that TD pass from Peterman to Zay Jones. Arm strength is great but if you can't get it in the right spot you'll have a tough time. 

I personally don't see it in him. He's just not accurate enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm the leader of the "Draft another QB" club, but your proposal is fine with me.

The cries for a new QB will only grow in number and intensity as the season unfolds.

And I might join that club at some point, but I still think it’s premature without quality around him to catch it, and questionable OC to boot. So I’m not going to judge on a final basis. Allen was never supposed to start and now who knows what’s going on with his injury status. Dark days at OBD. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I"ve been saying this for a few weeks now.

No way will the McBeane establishment do this.

It is on Pegula to order that it be done, especially if we have a top 3 pick.

We need more than a quarterback.  We don't throw many passes beyond 2-8 yards. I still think out play calling is suspect. It's too conservative and predictable. I know it's easy watching game from my living room, but I can predict most of the plays we run.  I've been watching the Bills for over 50 years now. 

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I wouldn't go moving up with 30 trades like this year but if Bills pass on a QB because they have Allen they deserve to be the new Browns.

I can assure you they 100% will pass on a QB because they have Allen. You're kidding yourself if you think there's any chance of it. The only way a new QB is drafted in the 1st round this year is if Allen suffers a career-ending injury.

We are horrible on first down.....you HAVE to win the LOS on 1st down with a raw rookie QB

It ends up setting up 3rd and longs....which go way down because our OL cant pass protect and our receivers cant consistantly get open

You fix those two things and this offense looks very different

But you know....when your supposid number 1 WR doesnt want to work on route running with his QB when asked......you can easily see some of the underlying problems