SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Called getting rid of the ball in 1 to 2 seconds.

Don't get me wrong, I love how quickly Peterman processes the game, decides what to do, and does it.

He's like a Cray supercomputer compared to Tyrod's abacus.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

True but he looked good against the Panthers starters too. Peterman has been the best QB this offseason. I wanted Allen to win the job today but it didn't happen. He didn't necessarily lose it but Peterman won it.

Sure, but 1st preseason game < 3rd preseason game.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Hate to say it, but I agree.  Allen not quite ready.  

Allen has the physical tools, needs the game to slow down a bit. 

Needs some time to sit and learn.  Albeit, the o-line did him no favors with a few of the jailbreaks.  He did cause some of the blocking issues with the slow release.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Peterman has run THIS offense better then any other qb on the roster all preseason and it’s not even close. I wanted to see Allen win this thing today but at this point, you have to start Nate. The kid has put the work in. He looks a little like a mixture of Cousins and Pennington to me. Not as good as either but not to bad.

Yeah and he gets rid of the ball faster which is good with this o-line. I'm still worried against a real defense his arm strength will lead to picks but you can't really argue that he hasn't won the job.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Magnetar said:

Peterman is superior to Allen with the same crap OL. Ramsey is correct, Allen is trash...

Just maybe he is, but it is an absolute that your take on him from this game is premature and is worth less than nothing. Consider that.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Keep in mind the Bills are now working against a 2nd team D. 

When Peterman played well with the 1s in the first pre season game people tried to claim the other QBs were at a disadvantage because they had to play with less talented players.

How the narrative shifts every week to try and discredit Peterman.

I want Allen to start as much as anybody but only if he earns it. Peterman has played better. I have no doubt Allen will be the better player eventually but he hasn’t shown he’s the better player this pre season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, davefan66 said:

Allen has the physical tools, needs the game to slow down a bit. 

Needs some time to sit and learn.  Albeit, the o-line did him no favors with a few of the jailbreaks.  He did cause some of the blocking issues with the slow release.

What evidence do you have to support the assertion that a quarterback improves by sitting and learning?

I don’t think Allen should start day 1. 

He was playing today like he is still adjusting to the speed of the NFL, which is 100% expected. Things haven’t slowed down for h8m yet and that is perfectly ok. 

Nate doesn’t have nearly the talent Allen does, but you can tell there is a noticeable difference in his ability to quickly process what he is seeing. 

Let Allen sit and learn. Start Nate or AJ. That’s my opinion. 

You really only get 1 chance to start Allen, and starting him week 1 would look like they are rushing it, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2