SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

Just now, Kmart128 said:

That throw to Kerley was probably our best offensive play all day.  Thrown were only Jeremy could get it. Perfect placed 

He's looking good, but it doesn't hurt that the o-line is suddenly blocking well. Is the Bengals first team still in?

Rewatched 1st half of offense,. A lot of bad OL play as expected. But Allen does hold the ball way too long. He needs to let it go. That play to Clay was a TD if he throws an accurate ball. Too many plays getting down to under 5 secs on the play clock. 

Just now, joesixpack said:

Yes but I’d have to ignore 3/4 of the board. I think there’s a limit.

The ignore button makes it WORSE because it makes you want to see what bull **** nonsense some people are posting

Peterman has run THIS offense better then any other qb on the roster all preseason and it’s not even close. I wanted to see Allen win this thing today but at this point, you have to start Nate. The kid has put the work in. He looks a little like a mixture of Cousins and Pennington to me. Not as good as either but not to bad.

• Like (+1) 2

PeterMONEY

Probably the best man for the job right now. I don't know if the best Quarterback on the roster makes you the best quarterback on this team. If he releases quickly and throws the ball up for grabs he's just being smart with a bad offense. 

He's a good quarterback on a bad offense. Makes the oline and WRs look better than they should. It's fitzesque

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, McNubbins said:

Everyone knew Peterman would start.  Allen looked like TRASH behind that horrible line.

I didn't really think he looked like anything. He basically didn't play. He spent the whole time under duress.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'm still not 100% sure on Peterman's arm strength but the offense is running better with him out there. He's been crazy accurate too.

Its awful. In the regular season he would throw a ton of picks. Wait we have already seen that. 

Just now, ngbills said:

Rewatched 1st half of offense,. A lot of bad OL play as expected. But Allen does hold the ball way too long. He needs to let it go. That play to Clay was a TD if he throws an accurate ball. Too many plays getting down to under 5 secs on the play clock. 

Thanks coach

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Peterman will start, and get killed behind this line

I think you're right. But, Allen should start.

2d team defense out there.

Allen faced similar defensive pressure that Peterman did against the Chargers. 

People (ignorant posters) just don't give enough deference to the difference between 1st and 2d team defenses.

McDermott was right when he condemned the team, and not Allen.

Edited by Paulus

Just now, PolishPrince said:

I see a lot of people saying Peterman > Allen. Do people realize that Peterman is playing with the same "starters" Allen played with, but its the second string Bengals defense...............

True but he looked good against the Panthers starters too. Peterman has been the best QB this offseason. I wanted Allen to win the job today but it didn't happen. He didn't necessarily lose it but Peterman won it.