TNF: Eagles at Browns

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Saw video of that fall Tyrod took and my conclusion is his non throwing wrist is made of rubber.

Texted my Browns buddy and he said TT is back in even though he can’t move his hand because he is insisting that he play, afraid of getting Wally pipp’d

dude - 1st of all Hue needs to get a backbone and take him out regardless of what the player wants and 2nd, it’s only a matter of time anyway TT

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Hue Jackson better not waste all this talent on this team and the Defense. Start Baker Mayfield and have a chance because with Tyrod they don’t have a chance. 

They have a chance to win between 6 and 9 games with scores like 10-3, 17-10, and 9-0. Thats what Tyrod does.  It's like not having a quarterback at all.   He won't win more than 9 games because he won't throw it.  

Has Baker had anytime with the 1s?  Does Hue have any plan beyond trying to be friends with his veteran players? 

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

They have a chance to win between 6 and 9 games with scores like 10-3, 17-10, and 9-0. Thats what Tyrod does.  It's like not having a quarterback at all.   He won't win more than 9 games because he won't throw it.  

Has Baker had anytime with the 1s?  Does Hue have any plan beyond trying to be friends with his veteran players? 

Hue said last week if TT gets hurt he might go with Drew Stanton ?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Texted my Browns buddy and he said TT is back in even though he can’t move his hand because he is insisting that he play, afraid of getting Wally pipp’d

dude - 1st of all Hue needs to get a backbone and take him out regardless of what the player wants and 2nd, it’s only a matter of time anyway TT

That's insane. I get it he had a shot with the Bills and didn't make it gets another one with the Brown's and right before the season starts takes an injury. That has to be incredibly frustrating, but if he injured it already and lands on it again it could become a lot worse.

Edited by Warcodered

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My only guess there is Hue is trying to make buddies with Stanton so they can ride share to the unemployment office next year.

Otherwise it makes no sense and he is out of his skull.

I think he’s probably gun shy after playing a rookie last year and how that turned out, but there is a big difference between baker mayfield and deshone Kizer. At least there should be.

26 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Appreciate what Tyrod did for us, but dear god that 2 minute drill brought up terrible memories.  He just doesn’t seem capable of getting up to the line quickly and making passes down the field.  

Brought back bad memories.

Browns D looks legit.  Don't feel as bad now.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s probably gun shy after playing a rookie last year and how that turned out, but there is a big difference between baker mayfield and deshone Kizer. At least there should be.

Makes sense.  And honestly he probably knows he is gone if he doesn't at least go 8 and 8.  

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Makes sense.  And honestly he probably knows he is gone if he doesn't at least go 8 and 8.  

He needs to at least show progress. I’m sure he fears that with a rookie that progress won’t always be reflected in the wins column.

It’s the 4th quarter of a pre-season game, the score is 5-0 and it’s well past the time for me to change the channel or go to bed.

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.....

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s the 4th quarter of a pre-season game, the score is 5-0 and it’s well past the time for me to change the channel or go to bed.

You have to stay up for the history....it's the only 5-0 football game you'll ever see.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

You really think Tyrod was responsible for every one of our wins? You crazy

I didn't say that...but he did make plays to win some of those games...the biggest thing from him we will miss is the lack of turnovers...That team from last year would have struggled to overcome turnovers (as evidenced by the Chargers game).

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Bad moment for Mayfield. Throw the ugly pick AND get whacked. Almost a pick six. 

Every rookie QB is going to do that...it is part of the learning process.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

You have to stay up for the history....it's the only 5-0 football game you'll ever see.

But, aren’t there some things that should NEVER BE SEEN? 

This is Roseanne Barr doing the national anthem, but tonight I can hit the mute button and it’s still uglier. 

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I didn't say that...but he did make plays to win some of those games...the biggest thing from him we will miss is the lack of turnovers...That team from last year would have struggled to overcome turnovers (as evidenced by the Chargers game).

Definitely part of the process. He went to the tent. He DOES look little out there. I hope our big man stays ahead of the injury curve being the Hoss that he is. 

25 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Name one. 

I can't think of a "signature" Tyrod play from last season. No clutch throw, no huge run... nothing. 

4 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Name one. 

I can't think of a "signature" Tyrod play from last season. No clutch throw, no huge run... nothing. 

That throw to Deonte Thompson in the Bucs game was pretty huge but that's all I can think of.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod had a couple amazing throws in the Atlanta game last year. But come on he just never really puts it all together. Typically you get 160 to 230 passing yards and a TD out of Tyron. Browns fans will be howling for Baker by game 4. 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow, what. A. Game. 

I can't believe I watched the whole thing but it was fun rooting for the oddball 5 to 0 final score.

44 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Name one. 

He did have a nice play moving to his left and then escaping back to his right and a deep dime to Clay against Atlanta that led to a TD.  In fairness that play was sweet.

Edited by Johnnycage46