Kyle throws punches at Jordan Mills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jordan Mills WYD?

Just tell me this:  did Mills successfully block Kyles punches?

19 minutes ago, hemma said:

Mills is doing something that should be reserved for actual games.

My guess is punching high on the chest/close to the throat.

Probably happened more than once.  Maybe a buncha.

That would be my guess.  Probably can't block them so he's resorting to stuff that should be reserved for actual opponents

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Once when I was a platoon leader in the army stationed in Korea, some of my soldiers got into a barroom fight with a group of soldiers from another battalion.

To my surprise, my battalion found out and - after questioning me about my involvement - firmly told me something like, "Lieutenant, that kind of behavior is unacceptable.  It can't happen again."

Duly reprimanded, I crisply replied "Yes, sir" and was happy to be let out so easily.

Then in a low, conspiratorial tone of voice, he asked.  "Just tell me one more thing: did you and your guys win?"  

I paused for a moment wondering if I should tell him the unadulterated truth.  I decided to go for it.  "Sir, we kicked their freaking asses," I replied in my most professional army officer voice.

"Good!" he erupted.  "Today's  army is too damn soft!  Understand that I have to admonish you not to let this happen again.  But, goddamit, this is a violent profession and we need men who aren't afraid of a scuffle!"  

Football is also a violent profession that requires men who aren't afraid of a scuffle.  

Yep^

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Once when I was a platoon leader in the army stationed in Korea, some of my soldiers got into a barroom fight with a group of soldiers from another battalion.

To my surprise, my battalion found out and - after questioning me about my involvement - firmly told me something like, "Lieutenant, that kind of behavior is unacceptable.  It can't happen again."

Duly reprimanded, I crisply replied "Yes, sir" and was happy to be let out so easily.

Then in a low, conspiratorial tone of voice, he asked.  "Just tell me one more thing: did you and your guys win?"  

I paused for a moment wondering if I should tell him the unadulterated truth.  I decided to go for it.  "Sir, we kicked their freaking asses," I replied in my most professional army officer voice.

"Good!" he erupted.  "Today's  army is too damn soft!  Understand that I have to admonish you not to let this happen again.  But, goddamit, this is a violent profession and we need men who aren't afraid of a scuffle!"  

Football is also a violent profession that requires men who aren't afraid of a scuffle.  

True. But it also requires men who can use intelligence to employ the best possible strategy. It's a combined effort. Violent people mixed with those who have self control and calculation in battle. 

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for the story. That's a mic drop post IMO. 

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Mills is listed at 316 pounds. 

I wonder how much he would weigh if he actually got in shape.

jordan-mills-of-the-buffalo-bills-smiles

I'd suggest he be power slammed through a burning table, but there isn't a forklift in WNY capable of such a feat.

Edited by Irv

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Depends on whether or not Karlos had the munchies

My bad, I made an assumption. YES! Karlos has the fighting edge....if he can get off the couch, or remember what he’s fighting for. OK, so maybe. 

Do you have any cookies? 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

So....you put him and Karlos Williams in a cage match over a box of 100 wings (with blue cheese of course, because we are civilized people), and who you got? 

Mills...at least he's active. ?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Depends on whether or not Karlos had the munchies

So you're saying that Karlos has a CHRONIC eating problem?

10 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Good for Mills. 

And to those fans on here bashing Mills, it’s the Bills who haven’t found a better plan at RT for 3 years. 

Day 13 LVP: OT Jordan Mills
- He is continuously the player in the middle of scuffles during training camp, and he even caused someone as collected as Kyle Williams to uncharacteristically throw punches at him. Even Jerry Hughes screamed at him well after the play was over. Putting that many people at risk is worthy of an LVP, especially when he has been the common denominator for most training camp fights for the past three seasons.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-13?page=2

Must be something about RTs this TC

Jets, Redskins Involved in Massive Multiplayer Fight at Training Camp Practice

According to the Associated Press' Stephen Whyno, a Jets player made late contact on Washington right tackle Morgan Moses. From there, players from both teams got into a shoving match

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790650-jets-redskins-involved-in-massive-multi-player-fight-at-training-camp-practice?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral