Bills' Preseason Week 1 Game Day vs. Carolina - 7 PM ET at New Era Field

Just now, BillsRdue said:

yeah, so far all the rule changes suck. it's very disappointing to see the NFL shoot itself in the ass after screwing up the catch rule last year. 

That head hit by #51 was just pure stupidity on his part though.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sorry, I couldn’t see it. The 9/19 (or whatever) makes me wonder - how many drops? It sounded like several, at least. 

I’m just curious and eager to see tomorrow! 

one or two drops. mostly receivers in the wrong spots, miscommunication and some terrible routes from Foster who literally stops running on a fly pattern then started running again and the ball was overthrown by a few feet. 

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know how to feel about plays like that. It's usually not a smart decision... but despite how awful the mechanics looked the throw was right on the money where only Lee could get it.

It's usually dumb luck. Wentz showed us last year (like Favre did his entire career) that it can happen on purpose if you have the talent. I think Allen knew what he was doing. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know it wasn't pretty at times but Allens potential and natural ability pops off the screen , I'm officially excited about him , I've been on the fence but I was very impressed what I just witnessed... He's very raw but we got a freakin Souped up , one of a kind Ferrari in the Garage!!!

The ease of his throws looks second to none in this league..

His ball placement on these throws are ridiculous. Not many QBs can put the ball there.

He's extremely difficult to get down and had overall strong pocket presence.

He's way more agile and quick than I thought. 

He might get the red shirt but boy his talent is rare in many areas. He's got the IT factor 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Magnetar said:

That head hit by #51 was just pure stupidity on his part though.

Not really... He never lowered his helmet to initiate contact. His facemask just happened to make contact. By the rules wording it should not be a penalty because he didn't lower his helmet

Just now, BillsRdue said:

one or two drops. mostly receivers in the wrong spots, miscommunication and some terrible routes from Foster who literally stop on a fly pattern then started running again and the ball was overthrown by a few feet. 

The Reilly drop on the sideline was bad, and two of the three long balls are tds if someone like Coleman is running under it.  

He looked fine tonight.  His arm strength really is abnormal.  Not many people can make the throw he made to McCloud.  If they move him along slow he has a chance.  But he isn't ready just yet

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

More and more it makes me believe intrusions coaching staff...

the guy the said inst ready isnt

the QBs they said look the same, looked the same..

on On it went. Benj looks recovered ... this 3rd tb Murphy I like. 

Reilly is the new Chris hogan 

You may be a fan for over 29 years, but you've apparently been with a keyboard for about 7 or 8 minutes.

Sorry. Just bustin' balls. Not only do I agree with what you wrote, let me add may I mommy dog face to the banana patch.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Reilly drop on the sideline was bad, and two of the three long balls are tds if someone like Coleman is running under it.  

He looked fine tonight.  His arm strength really is abnormal.  Not many people can make the throw he made to McCloud.  If they move him along slow he has a chance.  But he isn't ready just yet

for the 31st time in this thread, it was NOT Reilly that dropped that ball! It was Phroel.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

You may be a fan for over 29 years, but you've apparently been with a keyboard for about 7 or 8 minutes.

Sorry. Just bustin' balls. Not only do I agree with what you wrote, let me add may I mommy dog face to the banana patch.

I wish I could laugh at that more than once! 

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Not really... He never lowered his helmet to initiate contact. His facemask just happened to make contact. By the rules wording it should not be a penalty because he didn't lower his helmet

He simply did not need to come flying in like that.  Leading with helmet or not, you make a play like that you are putting the game in the officials' hands.

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have been VERY impressed with Allen. Very. Yet I still agree with this. He will do dumb rookie things that are costly, but anyone doubting the  potential is insane. Dude has got a cannon for an arm, guts, very good poise and awareness in the pocket, and better legs than I expected. If he has good judgment (I didn't say very good or great!) he'll be a star. He's still has some growing pains to get out of him. Though, as always, is playing with the 3rd stringers a good way to help him progress?  

46 minutes ago, par73 said:

Need to see Allen with the 1's  for true evaluation.

Yeah, that's what a lot of people have been saying, but then he'd be playing against 1st string corners, safeties, lbs and linemen...It won't get much better considering who our 1st teamers are.

14 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Wow- you are right. I need a buzzed - autocorrect checker. 

Also- you inferred correctly- Your ur mom’s face was recently in my banana patch 

actually - I’m sorry I might not have understood your point 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

14 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

He simply did not need to come flying in like that.  Leading with helmet or not, you make a play like that you are putting the game in the officials' hands.

I mean players have been taught to gang tackle since they were kids. When someone is wrapped up you are tough to come in and deliver a hit to make sure they don't break a tackle. It's gonna take more than one preseason game to break the habit of something they've been taught their entire lives

I thought AJ was the best qb on the field tonight his pocket precense and his accuracy was good..Peterman had good production but his arm talent just isn't good enough for professional football you can win with him in an offence where you keep him away from perimeter routes but after a cpl weeks defences will just flood the middle like they did vs Trent Edwards ..Josh Allen was encouraging tonight..the 3rd string o line was awful I feel like he showed relatively good poise and had the flashes ..the TD throw obviously was phenomenal and you could see his talent translating albeit in this small sample size .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Almost perfect. The int was thrown slightly behind but was still catchable.

Nice.  Yeah I saw the int was badly placed, but the int was on ivory.  Daboll is looking like the real deal.  Can’t wait to watch this tomorrow after work.  Passing lots

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They looked ok.  Ducasse took a penalty but they kept the qbs upright.

Mills seems like he has a ton of trouble against speed rushers could be an issue there.

Shocking! Has someone told him it’s time to get out of his stance, and head for the showers? 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah, that's what a lot of people have been saying, but then he'd be playing against 1st string corners, safeties, lbs and linemen...It won't get much better considering who our 1st teamers are.

But maybe he would get more then 1.7 seconds of protection with a 1st OL ?