Coleman pondered options? Hmmm

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It blows my mind when guys who are nearly out the league act like they have options.  Coleman needs to shut his mouth and prove he belongs in the nfl before he can ponder his options.

WTF dude? You have no idea what Schefter knows or meant and you have no idea if Coleman said anything. Do you know him personally? After hearing the kid speak I have no idea why people spout such vitriol about him. It all seems way over the top to me.

• Like (+1) 2

It blows my mind when guys who are nearly out the league act like they have options.  Coleman needs to shut his mouth and prove he belongs in the nfl before he can ponder his options.

?? He's been hurt a lot already, and he might want to quit. He wouldn't be the first player to quit early. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Options' could mean pursuing employment in the field you studied in university, or in the exciting world of fast food, providing you have a passion for customer satisfaction.

A career in crime would also seem to be a viable option for many NFL players.

Always best to keep all options open.

Did I miss the part where Coleman said any such thing? Shut his mouth about what?  He was traded on Sunday night and Monday morning he drove to Rochester for his physical.  This is just some BS that Shefter picked up from an agent no doubt.  Coleman was on WGR today talking about how excited he is to be here.

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Retirement maybe?

We forget that these are 22 or 23 year old guys who may have come from some challenging circumstances.  Imagine your employer tells you one day - go get your stuff and head to some other city - maybe a place where you have never been and know not a single person.  It’s highly likely that you are going to think about the situation. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Blue cheese or ranch? Hope he gets it right.

It's a trick question, the answer is neither.

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Why are some jumping on Coleman for something no one heard him say or know to be accurate?  R-E-L-A-X.

Exactly, some people think this team is stigmatized as being a hated team which might have been true in the past yet think under Pegula and the recent changes under McDermott etc that's not that true.

25 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Why are some jumping on Coleman for something no one heard him say or know to be accurate?  R-E-L-A-X.

Of all the people out there, AS has pretty accurate information.  It does seem crazy that anyone would complain about leaving the Browns.

The arrogance of some players is unbelievable.

Until you are a proven commodity in the NFL (and have become a free agent), you should just be grateful at being in the league.

If you want to play for a contender, then help make your team a contender.

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Of all the people out there, AS has pretty accurate information.  It does seem crazy that anyone would complain about leaving the Browns.

Schefter usually does, but as we see he backtracked on this one.

Context is important too.  Coleman said he knew something was coming.  But when it actually happens I imagine it's still a shock.  He seemed to like his teammates a lot.  Considering options could have also dealt with when he had to report,etc.  

Ultimately, he showed up quickly and got to work.  That's good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

At his age i hope not. If that thought is even in his head at such an early age hes useless. 

I fundimentaly disagree with that.  Everyone is allowed to deal with things in life.  I teach my kids it's not wrong to waiver, but it's how you respond.

7 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

**** its not like hes going from good to bad. The Browns were 0-16. We were in the playoffs. Yeh Buffalo isnt sexy but Cleveland isnt Miami. 

Wtf is there to weigh. 

Adam Schefter backtracked on his original tweet.

but even if it were accurate the guy liked the people he played with and liked the city from what he's said.  Fans have to let players be human.  Getting traded uproots everything.  Leaving comfortable surroundings for the unknown, I'm sure, is not easy.  

He could have pets he needs to account for.  He could have a lady he's going to miss.  A lot of reasons a trade could cause various reactions that have nothing to do with the city the player is going to.

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Options' could mean pursuing employment in the  ...  exciting world of fast food, providing you have a passion for customer satisfaction.

Schefter heard him rehearsing: "My pleasure!"

3 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

WTF dude? You have no idea what Schefter knows or meant and you have no idea if Coleman said anything. Do you know him personally? After hearing the kid speak I have no idea why people spout such vitriol about him. It all seems way over the top to me.

Because of two things:

shutterstock_194844245-800x533.jpg920x920.jpg

and "reaction" of course.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Calling it now, Coleman doesnt make the 53.

You're nuts. Maybe if we had talent at WR.

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

**** its not like hes going from good to bad. The Browns were 0-16. We were in the playoffs. Yeh Buffalo isnt sexy but Cleveland isnt Miami. 

Wtf is there to weigh. 

This doesn't mean he enjoyed his time with the browns either. Perhaps he would have preferred to get cut, and get his choice of teams for the minimum

I am also weighing my options. I’m considering the SI swimsuit models......or possibly the Victorias Secret runway girls. Tough call. I understand his dilemma. I’m glad he made the correct choice. Pray for me to do the same. 

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sean Penn needs to shut his mouth!

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The fact that Coleman might be our #2 is scary enough to think about. If Coleman is #2 that basically says the rest of our WR's are crap. 

They are!

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The arrogance of some players is unbelievable.

Until you are a proven commodity in the NFL (and have become a free agent), you should just be grateful at being in the league.

If you want to play for a contender, then help make your team a contender.

You don't read do you?

Not sure if it's been posted, but Schefter backed off on that report and Coleman said it wasn't true.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/08/corey_coleman_denies_weighing_options_before_joining_buffalo_bills.html

"Every day I wake up I feel like I have something to prove. This is a huge opportunity for me. I'm blessed to be here. I'm ready to rock with the Buffalo Bills."

A few hours after his original tweet, Schefter backtracked and said that multiple people, including Coleman, denied that the wide receiver balked on joining the Bills.

"Multiple people, including Coleman, say this is not true, and he did not balk about going to Buffalo," Schefter tweeted. "He found out Sunday night and drove to Rochester at 7 am Monday. Transaction was submitted to NFL at 1 pm. Coleman's a Bill."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Not sure if it's been posted, but Schefter backed off on that report and Coleman said it wasn't true.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/08/corey_coleman_denies_weighing_options_before_joining_buffalo_bills.html

"Every day I wake up I feel like I have something to prove. This is a huge opportunity for me. I'm blessed to be here. I'm ready to rock with the Buffalo Bills."

A few hours after his original tweet, Schefter backtracked and said that multiple people, including Coleman, denied that the wide receiver balked on joining the Bills.

"Multiple people, including Coleman, say this is not true, and he did not balk about going to Buffalo," Schefter tweeted. "He found out Sunday night and drove to Rochester at 7 am Monday. Transaction was submitted to NFL at 1 pm. Coleman's a Bill."

It was a mistake.  The bogus report came from Adam Shifter. 

• Haha (+1) 1