• Antowain Smith
    • Wray Carlton
    • Joe Cribbs
    • Kenneth Davis
    • Darrick Holmes
    • Other

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Fred.

Love the DIII story.  Love how hard he played.  Love that he never complained about anything and just focused on playing football.

Consummate pro.  Awesome Bill.

Fred is my number one. Hands down and it’s not even close. 

1 hour ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Who is your favorite RB that has played for the Bills and why? The RB could have found more success after their stint in Buffalo(Lynch) or not(Jackson, Spiller).  Maybe you prefer O.J. because of his role in naked gun. Any reason at all.

Yes!!!  Vote for your favorite RB based on their acting careers or some other off the field reason.  Well thought out.

3 minutes ago, cage said:

Thurman, OJ, Shady, Jackson... I think in that order.  All the others are in a lower echelon.  Freddy I've elevated for how incredibly he fit into what is Buffalo... he embodied that.  He as an outstanding back, scratching and clawing for everything.

Cribbs wasn’t lower echelon, he just wasn’t well liked. I love FJ but he was not better than Cribbs but was loved by the fans.

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

meh. my recollection of Cribbs was that he was a cry baby. the trade where we sent him to the 9'ers, was the beginning of our golden era.. 

What did his disposition have to do with his talent?  He didn’t like playing in Buffalo. Never heard that one before. He was a great RB but admittedly did make decisions that didn’t exactly please the fan base.

Gotta go with the real McCoy. NFL legend with Barry Sanders-esque ability. He can do everything, including pass blocking and is an awesome receiver.

If I'm putting together and All-Bills team, only OJ comes close to winning the job over McCoy.

Thurman Thomas would also be in the running.

Larry Centers would be my FB.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes!!!  Vote for your favorite RB based on their acting careers or some other off the field reason.  Well thought out.

Oooo I like you 

Notice I only asked for your favorite RB and why.

Not sure why you felt it was necessary to join the conversation if you didn’t want to.

Super glad you’re here too

Also, many fans cite players who give back to their communities and others who make donations as personal favorites.  Not sure why you would think “favorite” and “best” are interchangeable, when in fact the poll obviously stated the determination could be based on “any” criteria

Edited by Bruce_Stools

11 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Cribbs wasn’t lower echelon, he just wasn’t well liked. I love FJ but he was not better than Cribbs but was loved by the fans.

What did his disposition have to do with his talent?  He didn’t like playing in Buffalo. Never heard that one before. He was a great RB but admittedly did make decisions that didn’t exactly please the fan base.

well, the title of the thread is, 'Favorite Bills RB. i didn't like him. however, you are correct liking him or not in no way effected what his skill level was. regarding his skill level though, he wasn't really made for longevity. he only rushed for a bit over 5k yards in his career and after we traded him to the 9'ers, he only rushed for around 800 yards. we were right not to give him the money he wanted.

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Who is your favorite RB that has played for the Bills and why? The RB could have found more success after their stint in Buffalo(Lynch) or not(Jackson, Spiller).  Maybe you prefer O.J. because of his role in naked gun. Any reason at all.

I chose Thurman because of his all around game.  Just an amazing athlete and player.

OJ was the best runner I ever saw - the fluidity of his movements was incredible- one moment they had him and then bang he was gone.

I would have loved to see Cookie play that is something I have only read/heard about and he sounded great. 

McCoy is top flight, but the time has been to short to be better than others for me.

Fred Jackson is an inspiration and I love his story and effort, but I don’t think he holds a candle to the other guys.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Surprised to see so many votng for O.J. that's pretty disgusting.

Opinions on other posts aren’t out of line, but only your opinion on RB’s the Buffalo Bills have employed was asked of you.

Thanks for your effort and extra credit

• Thank you (+1) 1

....would say Thurmal because of his consistent yards from scrimmage.....played with a big chip after falling to the 2nd due to suspect knee.....Kenneth Davis as his sidekick was a perfect match......and goes to FredEx based on his grit, determination and his unwavering fight to claw his way to the NFL......if Dopey Dickie Jauron didn't have him riding the pine behind Anthony "(Broken Down) A-Train" Johnson, Fred's stats would be much higher IMO......3rd goes to Shady....honorable mention to Earthquake Enyart SOLELY based on his name....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

My favorite was Cookie because I got to met him once and he was a great guy.  The best we ever had was OJ.  As much of a degenerate as he turned into, to watch him on a football field was incredible.  Best all around was Thurman, but he didn't compare as a runner to OJ.

• Like (+1) 1

Despite OJ being scum, he still was an amazing a tough runner who could both stiff arm and or fake a guy out and had world class speed. Or he would run over a guy, he was that strong.  Thermal was quick in small areas and a great receiver.  Another 20 secs and he alone would have won that Superbowl against the Giants.

Favorite is Thurman. He’s the RB that I grew up with as a Bills fan.

Travis Henry is next. That dude played through pain, ran hard and impregnated any woman that was within 10’ of him.

Tough not to love that kind of bravado.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thurman was my favorite football player as a kid and a big part of why I became a Bills fan, but Fred Jackson is my favorite player of all time. Yes he's got a great story, and great character, but he was also a great player.

Few RBs have the complete skill set he did. In his prime he was dangerous running outside and between the tackles, and as a receiver both out of the backfield and down the field. I almost forgot to mention what a great blocker he was. He was a true 3 down RB.

Had he gotten his shot earlier I think he'd go down as one of the better RBs of his generation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Travis Henry..........Both my sisters and a cousin have children sired by him ;) 

"Sired" is a pretty noble word for a guy who just couldn't keep it in his pants.

I have two Jackson jerseys.  My first live Bills game was his first NFL 100 yard rushing performance, in the same game Lynch went 100 as well.  That game had it all, a snowstorm, met a hot Buffalo girl to hang with, even a successful Jauron play challenge.

Initially said Thurman but had to change it to Freddy.  No knock on Thurman but it is a lot tougher to run hard when surrounded by a poor offense that never wins anything.  The only bad part about making the playoffs last year was that Freddy just missed being a part of it.  Glad he got to go to Seattle and be part of a playoff team for a year.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Juice in a cakewalk

Cribbs

Thurman

Nobody else comes close to these 3.

Freddy doesn't come close?  He was the heart of the team while setting yardage records and being rated the most elusive RB in the league in a bad offense.

24 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Freddy doesn't come close?  He was the heart of the team while setting yardage records and being rated the most elusive RB in the league in a bad offense.

OJ great runner - TT greatest all around back and leader!

28 minutes ago, vorpma said:

And OJ does not come close to Thurman Thomas!

Yeh OJ was better, but love Thurman despite the helmet incident.  Plus he signed my Superman comic book in the Buffalo airport and handed us oranges during Delaware Avenue parade in old fashion cars.  We were riding our banana sear bikes at the time.  For all his later stupidity OJ was awesome when I was a kid.  Though as a guy, despite his early womanizing... I like Thurman better.

Edited by North Buffalo