RD 6, 187 Ray-Ray McCloud - WR Clemson

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Not a fan of this pick at all. I dunno why Equanimious is still around but he’s a solid receiver and we drafted a guy who won’t be on a team in a year.

The fact every team is passing on him suggests there is a very good reason he is still around.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Watching everyone get their panties in a wad over a sixth round punt returner is the height of NFL offseason hilarity for me.

They are just angry about the Allen pick and will moan about everything if they can use it to criticise Beane and McDermott

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

well that was a waste of a pick. I'm 5'10"  and taller than this guy. Almost faster, too. 

This guy was projected as an UFA. 

Not good. 

Lol at this post.

You feel better about yourself now, don’t you??

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sal Capaccio ?Verified account @SalSports 29s30 seconds ago

Stop me if you've heard this before. The Bills latest draft pick, WR Ray-Ray McCloud brings a ton of versatility. Has been a receiver, rusher, and returner. Even has a little experience at cornerback on defense.

Definitely sounds like future special teams player to me.  I'd like to see how well he can tackle.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It’s a real charming addition to the atmosphere - right? We all could use more of it in our lives.... 

i mean, i often have insight but like wow, this is just off the charts.

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Love this draft but not sure where this pick came from.  We seem to want big, physical WRs and need some outside speed and then use a pick on a slow small guy ?  Eh, ok..

Combine speed and game speed is two different things. Can't wait for McBeane explanation on this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Definitely sounds like future special teams player to me.  I'd like to see how well he can tackle.

The fact that he’s played corner seems positive in that regard. But who knows, very few Ray Ray mccloud experts around here at the moment. 

So far hes small, but good hands and all that versatility can break either way: not good enough at one job but also eager to do whatever is needed

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Not a fan of this pick at all. I dunno why Equanimious is still around but he’s a solid receiver and we drafted a guy who won’t be on a team in a year.

Ask the other 31 teams who have passed on him to this point, as well.

2 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Combine speed and game speed is two different things. Can't wait for McBeane explanation on this one. 

My only confusion is that we seem to have a clear and concise vision for this team.  It seemed, re: WRs, that was Size and Catch Radius.  

This guy is tiny and not very fast if we were looking for a burner. 

I’ve seen him play a lot. He has a specific skill set so clearly we drafted him for a reason.  

Edited by SCBills

Pick did not make sense.  He ran poorly at the combine for whatever reason.  Ran at this pro day and allegedly scouts told him they had him in high 4.3's or low 4.4's.  Has elite change of direction skills.  One article I saw said "not the next Tyreek Hill after all" - so at least somebody thought he was.  He is a gadget runner/pass catcher and return guy.  Interesting piece.  4.56 made no sense, but if he is 4.40 it does.