RD 6, 187 Ray-Ray McCloud - WR Clemson

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Film shows very fluid hips able to turn quickly.

7 minutes ago, Success said:

It sounds weird, but speed and quickness are different.  This guy sounds quick.

Which probably accounts for the fact that he averaged over 12 yards per punt return. He can make people miss. It appears as if the Bills covet him as a returner, not as an answer to their WR issues. FWIW, Kiper said that Ray-Ray will make his mark in the pros initially on STs with a chance to move to the slot down the road. 

2 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

He looks to be very versatile.  He will be given every opportunity to contribute to the team.  Obviously, the Bills see something in him and felt he was more valuable than any of the other remaining WRs on the board.

He does seem versatile.

I wonder if he could handle Joe Webb's package?

Just now, LabattBlue said:

And waiting for where HE SAID he will not play WR.  He was talking about the return man and the possible defense transition that was talked on NFLN. 

He will initially be a Return Guy everyone with any understanding knows that and knows exactly what this guy was saying. 

51 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

well that was a waste of a pick. I'm 5'10"  and taller than this guy. Almost faster, too. 

This guy was projected as an UFA. 

Not good. 

Pretty sure you're a better athlete.  They should sign you.  It can be like the Eagles in Invinceable!  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And waiting for where HE SAID he will not play WR.  He was talking about the return man and the possible defense transition that was talked on NFLN. 

He will initially be a Return Guy everyone with any understanding knows that and knows exactly what this guy was saying. 

It is right there.  He said..."nobody thinks he was drafted to play WR".  What exactly does that mean, that I am missing?   Is this National I  Have Trouble With Reading Comprehension Day?  LOL. 

Edited by LabattBlue

Just now, LabattBlue said:

It is right there.  He said..."nobody thinks he was drafted to play WR".  What exactly does that mean, that I am missing?   Is this National I  Have Trouble With Reading Comprehension Day?  LOL. 

Because right when he POSTED it NFLN was talking about his Return Game and a possible transition to CB.  But again guess you have no idea of context and timing.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

His primary position in college was as return man.  This will probably be his primary position in the nfl.  There's speculation he can do other things like play cb or whatever else.  No one is talking about his enormous upside as a WR and so I believe its safe to say that "nobody thinks he was drafted to play WR".  That doesn't mean its impossible for him to play some WR downs.  I'm sure he will (occasionally) if he succeeds in the league, but that's not really what you want him doing or why you took him.  My mother in law is a huge Ray Ray fan because he would make some special plays, often of a gimmicky nature.  I don't consider this sort of stuff as "playing wr" even if that's how he might line up sometimes.

Steve Tasker contributed plenty at wr when you google him that's the position that comes up for him, but nobody thinks the bills kept him on their roster to play that position.

I don't know why the Bills drafted him, but there's lots of reasons that stand out to me and non of them are because they want him as a wr.  Maybe they want him to play corner.  Maybe they just see a special athlete, maybe they think he'll be a good returner.  Like I said I don't know.  But to me it seemed that lots of people were talking a lot of **** about the pick as they compared him to other wr still available, so I wanted to point out that his WR skills (almost definitely) aren't why we picked him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, October 1918 said:

I agree with the sentiment up-thread that it's time to lose the toddler nickname ("Ray-Ray").   (His name is actually "Raymond")

:D

They asked him about that on his phone presser with the media. He said he was born into it...it was his dad's name. As a fellow Ray, I'm not telling him what to do. BTW, pay attention sometime when you are watching a crime drama on TV. I swear to God that the bad guy is named Ray like 80% of the time. It's like, "WTF, Hollywood?"...there are a million and one men's names and the creative entertainment geniuses out there can't come up with another name for the antagonist?! :doh: :lol:

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What is the love affair with St Brown on this board? He isn't physical and offers nothing special.

media hype, dude was a body catcher

shame people here wont give him a chance

26 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

And he goes to the Patriots, because of course he does

New England's yearly "plug and play 1,100 year slot receiver" incoming.

I swear they are like the passing version of the old shannahan broncos, where they would swap to an unknown RB every year who would eclipse 1k yards, then get cut, replaced by a no name, who would go for 1k yards again, while the former bronco was terrible on his new team.