The Book is Closed on the Mahomes Trade

Chiefs Get : 

QB Pat Mahomes (R1 pick 10, 2017)

Bills Get:

CB Tre White (R1 pick 27, 2017)

Pick 91 (R3 pick 91, 2017) packaged with other picks for trade up to 37.  Rams used pick on S John Johnson.  Bills go to (R2 pick 37, 2017) and select WR Zay Jones.

Pick 21 (R1 pick 21, 2018) packaged with other picks for trade up to 16.  Ravens traded out with Titans who used the pick on LB Rashaan Evans.  Bills go to (R1 pick 16, 2018) and select LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Esentially, after it was all said and done, it was Mahomes for Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds.

Thank you.

Edited by Zerovotlz
Autocorrect, Edwards _> Edmunds
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Pick 91 (R3 pick 91, 2017) packaged with other picks for trade up to 37.  Rams used pick on S John Johnson.  Bills go to (R2 pick 37, 2017) and select WR Zay Jones.

Pick 21 (R1 pick 21, 2018) packaged with other picks for trade up to 16.  Ravens traded out with Titans who used the pick on LB Rashaan Evans.  Bills go to (R1 pick 16, 2018) and select LB Tremaine Edwards.

Esentially, after it was all said and done, it was Mahomes for Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edwards.

Thank you.

Yep your right... Unless Mahomes turns out to be another franchise QB we pass up then it doesn't matter who else we got.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Pick 21 (R1 pick 21, 2018) packaged with other picks for trade up to 16.  Ravens traded out with Titans who used the pick on LB Rashaan Evans.  Bills go to (R1 pick 16, 2018) and select LB Tremaine Edwards.

Esentially, after it was all said and done, it was Mahomes for Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edwards.

Thank you.

Josh Allen has as many TDs and fewer INTs in the NFL than Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Thank you.

G’head and think that.....till the season starts and Mahomes begins !@#$ing the NFL up. 

11 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Thank you.

Are you sure?  I mean, Mahomes hasn't played yet?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Thank you.

I would make that trade in a heart beat.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Tre hasn't really played?

No only 16 games started 69 tackles a FF and 4ints

Should have been NFL rookie of the year........was the Pro Football Focus ROTY

4 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

I second that...

Just need Zay to fight for Jesus on the field and not in a hotel room.

Fighting for the football would be fine too;)

19 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Thank you.

Funny - this is opposite of what we did yesterday if you think about it. 

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

Isn't he from an "air raid offence"

Those guys usual struggle big in the NFL.

Funny, isn't it?  People railed against the Bills talking to Rudolph because he comes from a one read spread offense, but because the Bills didn't take a guy in Mahomes coming from the same type of offense then it's bad because Mahomes will be a star.

• Thank you (+1) 1

We traded away the NFL's leading passer (a bad rating system, but its the one they use) who had led the team to back to back division titles, having thrown for over 4000 yards with only 5 INTs.....and he still had a year left on his contract for only 20 million (cheap for veteran good QB these days) ....and we traded him to so that we could start someone else. (Mahomes)  ....They didn't just get rid of a good, winning, popular QB with a year left on his contract for the hell of it.  ...but I understand...need to see something more before you are convinced....can't blame anyone for that....but the actions sure do speak loudly.

24 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Tre hasn't really played?

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Right? Kid played the whole season. As it stands right now, Tre has shown he’s a better CB than Mahomes is a QB. 

Oops! I meant Tre Edwards. 

We have 2 Tre’s on the team now, and they are both on D. What are the odds eh? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Isn't he from an "air raid offence"

Those guys usual struggle big in the NFL.

Right. No way to tell yet. Tons of NFL people were high on Mahomes last year, so maybe something there.  He could suck too. But until he gets a chance to play,  you can't say who did better. 

7 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

What if Mahomes turns out to be a franchise QB, but the Bills are a more successful team than the Chiefs?

Unless Allen is a franchise guy too, they won't be better. It all depends on how the 2 QBs turn out.

I think Mahomes will be an All-Pro, Andy Reid knows QBs and I liked Mahomes coming out. Tre is a shutdown corner and I like Edmunds so I think we added two studs but what it comes down to is Allen vs Mahomes. I like Allen but passing on Mahomes was incredibly risky and could end up getting McD and Beane fired if Mahomes turns into a star and Allen busts.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Right. No way to tell yet. Tons of NFL people were high on Mahomes last year, so maybe something there.  He could suck too. But until he gets a chance to play,  you can't say who did better. 

Unless Allen is a franchise guy too, they won't be better. It all depends on how the 2 QBs turn out.

I don't know that. For all we know McCarron could end up being "good enough" and the Bills could be a really good team.

The point is, there are many variables, and Mahomes could become a very good QB, and the Bills could still have more success. It's all about how the team is being put together. All that really matters is which TEAM is more successful.

There have been trades by the Patriots that people have said "How stupid. The Pats lost that trade!", yet they kept being successful. Maybe a player was really good, but a pain in the ass (like Lawyer Milloy). 

Edited by OJABBA

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Mahomes will be an All-Pro, Andy Reid knows QBs and I liked Mahomes coming out. Tre is a shutdown corner and I like Edmunds so I think we added two studs but what it comes down to is Allen vs Mahomes. I like Allen but passing on Mahomes was incredibly risky and could end up getting McD and Beane fired if Mahomes turns into a star and Allen busts.

Beane wasn't even with the team when we passed on Mahomes.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I knew that but McD was, life isn't fair though. If Mahomes turns into Brett Favre 2.0 and Allen turns into Paxton Lynch, McD will not be able to persevere that shitstorm.

I dunno - he took a pretty bad team to the playoffs in year one.  He's trying to build a winning culture.  Allen seems like a natural "Buffalo" fit.  There's always another Quarterback - at least these guys have decided to take some shots.  

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I dunno - he took a pretty bad team to the playoffs in year one.  He's trying to build a winning culture.  Allen seems like a natural "Buffalo" fit.  There's always another Quarterback - at least these guys have decided to take some shots.  

No doubt, I like Allen too, he is a Buffalo guy and I think he'll be great. I also believe Allen is a much better prospect than Mahomes is to be completely honest but if Allen does indeed bust and Mahomes does go on to be great, there is going to **** molecules stuck to the air.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

No doubt, I like Allen too, he is a Buffalo guy and I think he'll be great. I also believe Allen is a much better prospect than Mahomes is to be completely honest but if Allen does indeed bust and Mahomes does go on to be great, there is going to **** molecules stuck to the air.

Yeah... I mean... we had a 17 year playoff drought.  We're used to that.

• 4 weeks later...

Not that this means anything, but I guess Pat Mahomes struggled at the start of OTAs in KC. But it sounds like they are throwing an awful lot at him on purpose to see what he's good at -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934448/article/patrick-mahomes-practice-struggles-dont-worry-reid

Andy Reid and the Chiefs coaching staff have thrown the kitchen sink at their new starter during offseason practices. During Thursday's OTA session open to the media, Mahomes struggled, completing just 4 of 15 passes with an interception in a full-squad session. He went 7 for 12 with an INT in 7-on-7 drills, per ESPN's Adam Teicher.

It was a good read. Andy Reid is a smart coach. I think Mahomes likely has success under him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1