4-23: Brandon Beane on One Bills Live

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I have sources that can confirm Jaime is Flo's love child with the "Can you hear me now" guy. And they are buying all kinds of land in south Buffalo.

I just got out of a high level business meeting.  The South Buffalo location has been moved.

Can't' say where to until my investment group closes on a deal.

Stay tuned.

Edited by Fadingpain

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Everything that Beane has said in the above(s) I agree with.

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Enjoyed hearing him talk about their mock process and how he doesn't make any of picks for the Bills or the other teams but instead makes everyone defend their selection. I suspect their mocks closely mirror the mocks in all the other war rooms around the league. 

I'm also convinced that Beane is totally unaffected by media and fan desires. I get the impression he's going to trust his board, too. So, if the right deal for moving up doesn't materialize, I think he's content with letting the draft come to him. And while I hope he can move up and get a QB he likes, I'm confident he's going to find good players, regardless. 

Your comments just solidify my feelings about this draft and QB selection.  Beane will do the right thing for the future of the TEAM.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Everything that Beane has said in the above(s) I agree with.

Your comments just solidify my feelings about this draft and QB selection.  Beane will do the right thing for the future of the TEAM.

This is a win now league. When do you stop planning for the future and field a contender?

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

This is a win now league. When do you stop planning for the future and field a contender?

Never.  You should always have an eye on the future.  When you start making decisions to win exclusively in season ahead you look like the Bills did the last 15 years.  I agree once you have the QB in place a lot of other mistakes are masked, and since we haven't had one they are more glaring, but you always need to consider the long-term picture.

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Right on cue. It's Jamie from Progressive. :sick:

"Hamburg overhead door...over delivering all over western New York." 

14 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I just got out of a high level business meeting.  The South Buffalo location has been moved.

Can't' say where to until my investment group closes on a deal.

Stay tuned.

Letchworth, Rt. 36 corridor. Connect the dots. 

I think all he is saying, which is what he has been saying all along, is that he has a certain value on certain players. I don't think it means he's fine with whatever quarterback, I think it means they have a couple of guys targeted during different points of the draft and they are not going to reach and overpay. 

I think they try to get into the top five for Darnold, maybe target Rosen in that 6-12 range. And they have contingency plans either way. They probably have other places in the draft that they have some guys targeted. 

The interesting thing is the comment about "what flaws are you willing to deal with" quote. I think this takes a guy like the resident tiny crotch grabber off the board.  Probably Allen too for inaccuracy. Maybe Rudolph for tiny hands and a weak arm. Those are all things that are probably deal breakers.   

To me that leaves Darnold and Rosen. Darnold has a turnover issue that can be corrected. Rosen has opinions. They probably like someone in the next tier as well, whether that is Jackson or White or something remains to be seen. 

They will not force things.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Shocking that the President of the organization would have a seat at the table for a discussion about the most important decision the team will have to make.  The decision affects the entire organization, including the business side.  Of course they will want his input. Beane will make the call.

6 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

I'm thinking you do not understand my comments.  The Buffalo Bill's have been mediocre at best for the last couple of decades because they

don't have a plan, process, whatever you want to call it.  I don't have a dog in the QB fight but IF Beane makes a move he will do it with reasoning and

not emotions.  That's a good thing in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, essential said:

Never.  You should always have an eye on the future.  When you start making decisions to win exclusively in season ahead you look like the Bills did the last 15 years.  I agree once you have the QB in place a lot of other mistakes are masked, and since we haven't had one they are more glaring, but you always need to consider the long-term picture.

Well said.

• Like (+1) 2

Last week 24 GM's responded to the question who was the top QB:

1. Sam Darnold 17 Votes

2. Josh Rosen 3 Votes 

3. Josh Allen 2 Votes

3. Baker Mayfield 2 Votes 

Darnold is more coveted by most GM's than the others ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What I got from this is if their 2 QB’s they like the best are gone then bean is not trading up. Also what I got from this and you guys better get prepared for this.  We’re going to have Josh Allen, Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson as our next QB. This would make me very happy. If I had to guess Darnold and Mayfield are number 1 and 2 on there QB draft board. The Bills will take a QB at 12. If they wait until 22 Rudolph and Jackson will be gone. To many teams with old QB’s have to start finding a replacement. Plus not to mention all the teams that need one. I count 11 teams. So there are 6 first round type QB’s In this draft.  so be ready to get used to the idea of having Allen, Rudolph or Jackson as the next Bills QB. 

Clev 

Buff 

Jets 

chargers 

NYG 

pitt 

NE 

balt 

Saints 

cards 

miami 

maybe Den as the 12th team. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm thinking you do not understand my comments.  The Buffalo Bill's have been mediocre at best for the last couple of decades because they

don't have a plan, process, whatever you want to call it.  I don't have a dog in the QB fight but IF Beane makes a move he will do it with reasoning and

not emotions.  That's a good thing in my opinion. 

Well said.

Poorly worded on my part. I do appreciate the due diligence and hard work of this coaching staff, I honestly feel more confident than I have in quite a while. However, I am hoping that they do not repeat past mistakes and stay conservative, particularly when it comes to the QB position. Yes, there are prospects that can be had later in the draft that could pan out, but I want them to take that risk and try something different. I want them to continue planning for the future, but a future where they are contenders, not still looking for their "franchise" guy. Sometimes they don't fall, sometimes you have to reach for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

Poorly worded on my part. I do appreciate the due diligence and hard work of this coaching staff, I honestly feel more confident than I have in quite a while. However, I am hoping that they do not repeat past mistakes and stay conservative, particularly when it comes to the QB position. Yes, there are prospects that can be had later in the draft that could pan out, but I want them to take that risk and try something different. I want them to continue planning for the future, but a future where they are contenders, not still looking for their "franchise" guy. Sometimes they don't fall, sometimes you have to reach for them.

No problem.  We (the fans) all want that guy (QB) to take us to the promised land.  None of us know how Beane and OBD have these guys ranked.

I am hoping that somehow it works out that Beane get's one he likes and can add some Compound W (wart remover).

I truly think he is the kind of GM that even if this happens and his new QB does not perform the way that he wants he will do what is needed to remedy it.

Just now, NickelCity said:

Murph is convinced they like Darnold and Allen best. Hoping against hope that we somehow end up with Darnold.  

If they like Allen, then I trust that they know more than us.  That is my hope.  If Josh Allen is a Bill on Thursday, I will be rooting for him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Murph is convinced they like Darnold and Allen best. Hoping against hope that we somehow end up with Darnold.  

I agree with him. I think character/leadership/faith/"Bills DNA" are extremely important to Beane/McDermott. As such, Darnold and Allen are the only two I see them feeling comfortable handing over the keys to. Here's hoping they somehow, some way wind up with Darnold.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

What I got from this is if their 2 QB’s they like the best are gone then bean is not trading up. Also what I got from this and you guys better get prepared for this.  We’re going to have Josh Allen, Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson as our next QB. This would make me very happy. If I had to guess Darnold and Mayfield are number 1 and 2 on there QB draft board. The Bills will take a QB at 12. If they wait until 22 Rudolph and Jackson will be gone. To many teams with old QB’s have to start finding a replacement. Plus not to mention all the teams that need one. I count 11 teams. So there are 6 first round type QB’s In this draft.  so be ready to get used to the idea of having Allen, Rudolph or Jackson as the next Bills QB. 

Clev 

Buff 

Jets 

chargers 

NYG 

pitt 

NE 

balt 

Saints 

cards 

miami 

maybe Den as the 12th team. 

Here's the other thing: based on just last year, and inferring some information from Beane's past Drafts with Carolina, I think they value experience, maturity, and production over time more than anything else. That tells me, as for QBs, Mayfield, Rudolph and Falk are the guys that meet that criteria. Lauletta and Mike White as mid round guys - Falk too for that matter - but honestly, with Daboll, I have more faith in his ability to tailor the Offense to a Falk or Rudolph than I ever would have in the last 18 years. He took a guy who could barely pass the ball as QB to the National Championship game, then Saban made the call to change QBs, and lo-and-behold 'Bama came out smokin' in the second half with a passing QB. 

Daboll will be able to use Rudy, Falk or Jackson to his advantage. They all probably need a year, but that's what AJ is here for....hopefully to be "good enough" to compete, and if the Bills keep all those picks, they might be. With the FA additions, and probably a combination of new MLB, O-line, WR, OLB, DT and slot CB, this team might surprise a few people. 

Just now, bufrock j said:

i honestly don't care that much as long as its one of the top five QB'S and yes i include jackson in the top five     GET IT DONE BEANER  

Jackson is my plan B, so there is separation for me.  Nonetheless, I won't be deeply disappointed unless we miss out on all five.

19 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Last week 24 GM's responded to the question who was the top QB:

1. Sam Darnold 17 Votes

2. Josh Rosen 3 Votes 

3. Josh Allen 2 Votes

3. Baker Mayfield 2 Votes 

Darnold is more coveted by most GM's than the others ...

And this pretty much confirms what I believe.

There is "1" QB who deserves to be in the top 5, the others are all rated much lower.  I suspect if you had a followup question to who is the "2nd" best QB - The results would be even less bunched up - there is 1 tier 1 guy, and 4-5 tier 2 guys - one of whom is likely to be on the board around pick #12.

18 minutes ago, MDFan said:

Shocking that the President of the organization would have a seat at the table for a discussion about the most important decision the team will have to make.  The decision affects the entire organization, including the business side.  Of course they will want his input. Beane will make the call.

Russ " the Weasle" Brandon is getting paid by the Patriots under the table to keep this team down. Just his presence and input will make good decisions into poor ones. The only reason Brandon should be at that table is to be like a court room stenographer, he should be fined 100,000$$$ if he even opens his mouth.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Our only hope is McDermott.

Using a Realtor analogy.

Brandon Beane is the Architect.

Sean McDermott is the General Contractor.

Russ Brandon sets up the Open House and makes sure there are cookies baking in the oven.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Using a Realtor analogy.

Brandon Beane is the Architect.

Sean McDermott is the General Contractor.

Russ Brandon sets up the Open House and makes sure there are cookies baking in the oven.

Maybe the contractor can make magic out of ****ty plans and it'll create a sellers market.

Edited by CuddyDark

48 minutes ago, MDFan said:

Someone has to get the donuts...:)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LittleSammy said:

On the bright side, it beats listening to those stupid Progressive Insurance ads every 2 minutes! WGR -- a subsidiary of Progressive Insurance??

Agreed. That and the Tony Kornheiser commercial for his podcast basically begging for ANYONE to listen

38 minutes ago, PIZ said:

If they like Allen, then I trust that they know more than us.  That is my hope.  If Josh Allen is a Bill on Thursday, I will be rooting for him.

This...in a nutshell is how I feel. I'm not an Allen fan, but IMHO the McBeane consortium of talent evaluators and coaches have earned the benefit of the doubt for another two years. The opportunity to mold their QB into the kind of player they need...in whatever form that it arrives, is fine with me and I will trust them and hope for the best.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Hopefully we pick at 12 and 22.  I'd like to see him stand tall in the face of all the media hype and fan screaming for a move up.  useless to move up when you have picks in the first round, and holes everywhere on your roster.

I hope, and suspect, we only move up for our guy. If he's not there, then stay put and stay true to your board. There's no point in giving away the farm for someone you're not certain is "THE" guy. 

• Like (+1) 4