Bills' 2018 Regular Season Schedule

No teams will face off fresh off a bye and we face the Jags fresh off a bye.  So, we've got that going for us.

3 minutes ago, mileena said:

We don't play the Ravens at home. We host Jacksonville actually, which will be a good game.

Even better than the 10-3 playoff game.  Orgasmic. 

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Agreed, K-9, and I am with them on that.  The stadium will get built in due time.  130 million was spent on improvements to New Era so let's get full use out of them until 2023.

Agreed. It would be nice to stick it to the league, be in the playoff race, secure a January home game, and sell it out with a bunch of loud, maniacal fans going crazy in bad weather. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Schedule sucks again 3 December games 1 Sept game 1 October game (the 30th at 830 pm is November almost)

JMHO.........give me 2 or 3 in Sept or 2 or 3 in early Oct lets get 5 under our belts when its decent out then play in the South and Domes during the **** weather :(

2 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Maybe they'll go undefeated & lose the Super Bowl.

I'm sorry, but their undefeated season ending loss to the Giants is my second most cherished sports  memory this millennium, behind the Bills making the playoffs.

...I still smile when I think about it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

That schedule looks brutal, but as always last year does not carry over to this year 

Not at all. Strength of schedule is middle of the pack. Average difficulty.

This schedule, especially the start, highlights the need to hold onto our 2019 1st. Fortunately, if our draft day move involves trading up to the 5-6 range versus #2 and its exorbitant cost we probably don’t have to include it in our QB pursuit.

Edited by Midwest1981
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Tangent: unless Pittsburgh and Jacksonville beat the Pats on their home fields New England could go undefeated. 

That's what everyone said last year. That didn't even come close to happening.

They'll lose 3 or 4 games like usual.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Midwest1981 said:

This schedule, especially the start, highlights the need to hold onto our 2019 1st. Fortunately, if our draft day move involves trading up to the 5-6 range versus #2 and it’s exorbitant cost we probably don’t have to include it in our QB pursuit.

What does the 2018 schedule have to do with our 2019 first round pick?

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I am very glad our postseason drought is off our backs because right now I think we’re too talent deficient at quite a few spots to not expect to experience a drop-off in our record, coupled with a seemingly treacherous schedule. I would just rather trade 12, 22, and one of our 3rd’s for #5 than include a potential top-10 2019 1st.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Vikings front 7 is going to do bad things.

Mayfield throws well on the run. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Another 10-3 loss. It feels like we play the Chargers every year. 

I feel the same about Jets, fish, patsies.

Edited by inaugural balls

What immediately jumped out on me is the Big Time break we caught.

Week 2 - Rivers and SD are notorious slow starters on teams that have pretty good talent, always dangerous... We get the luxury of facing Rivers in week 2  traveling cross country

Week 3 - Cousins and Minnesota is a very tough outing and environment. We luck out in getting to play Kirk in his third game as a Viking, making him much more vulnerable than in week 11 for example

Week 4 - Rodgers and GB , see "Week 3 up above folks. Tough place to win but they're slow starters as of late and I'd much rather play Rodgers in September and not November!

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

The NFL draft order is determined by the winning percentage by team from the season before for the first 20 picks.  Low to high.

No Thursday night, no Sunday night.  One Monday night, but I feel that was setup to show off NE more then BUF.  No love for the Bills.  Understandable, though.  The NFL is leery on the Bills.  There was a 17-year drought.  Far easier and safer for them to chalk last year up to a fluke and cute story...and expect us to go right back to sub-par but not terrible form this year.  Going to take more then one big season to convince them.

That being said, while the start of the schedule is definately tough, I'm not about to write them all off as losses.  I'm not convinced the Vikes new QB is going to instantly gel with the team, and while the Ravens may have a chip on their shoulder about the no-playoff thing, I'm sure they blame the Bengals and themselves more then us.  I like the fact that it looks like an easier end if we can just stay in the hunt earlier on.

• SDS pinned this topic

I like the schedule. I’d rather get Road games early, as most teams are still finding their way.

I don’t really see this as a difficult schedule and there are always teams that get worse from the previous year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Smells like 10-6 to me. I like think it sets up well for us.

If we are somehow 6-4 by the bye week, this has a lot of potential for us towards the end of our schedule.

Tough start with 5 of the first 7 in the road. McCarron is going to have his hands full. He is going to have to be legit to get us off to a good start. Our rookie will be starting in October if McCarron does not at least split those games and put up numbers.

I like having many of the potentially difficult matchups on the early part the schedule. It could provide a change up for the fan base. Typically we begin hot only to fall apart in the second half of the season. This season could start off rough, but I like our chances with the second half schedule. 

Actually is a PERFECT schedule for a rookie QB.  Sits behind starter while the Bills get their face bashed during the first 7 games...  Eventually get to the BYE week...  Toss in rook and boom finish off the year in decent fashion!